Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
OP Offline
C
also, what 3.0 motors are you people running?

SVT coming soon...
H
H
i believe its the ford taurus 3.0

...and yes, I did SEARCH first before asking.

AIM:omegazodiac

95 gl
99 contour svt #1750/2760
built 4/6/99
black/tan
plates, not personalized (###-REV)
amsoil series 2000 oil & filter~amsoil tranny fluid cocktail~tint: 35% windshield/front doors,20% rear window/rear doors~black oval/rear strip~nyceboi rear emblem~aussie grills~hella led sidemarkers~piaa superwhite low's~piaa extreme reverse lights~door dingless (knauberized)~hood liner removed~black '95 sail panels~trunk cargo net~mondeo hood struts~ford racing red 9mm wires~autolite double plat plugs~jensen hu~recontented dash clock(it rocks)~clifford ag4 security
K
K
Quote:
Originally posted by hmouta:
i believe its the ford taurus 3.0

Yep it's the 3.0 Duratec out of the Taurus...conceivably you could use the 3.0 out of the new escape and jag s-type, but then it really isn't worth the huge cost associated with buying a new motor. Check the junkyards, you can find some really good deals on 3.0's if you take your time, make sure it's the Duratec though and not the Vulcan!

Ryan

Latest Mod: Mirko Splitter
C
OP Offline
C
any forced induction for the 3.0's?

SVT coming soon...
F
F
The only system that is specifically made for the 3.0 is the Kenne Bell supercharger for the Escape. Not sure if it would fit in the contour, because of hood clearance. It is a roots type blower, so it sits atop the motor...I think.

The Vortech should fit with minor modification to the kit...I think the 3.0 block is slightly longer than the 2.5, so the jackshaft assembly will have to be modified in some way.

I would think the new Turbo setup that Chris Hightower is working on should fit as well.

Speed kills, but it beats going slow!

Simon Langley
Black 98 SVT EO (#2119 of 6535)
269.3 FWHP, 195.4 TQ
14.123 @ 97.36
All go, and no show!
Vortech, Quaife, Driveshaft Shop Stage II axles, Magnecore Wires, Custom True Dual Exhaust.
CDW-27 1/4 Mile Registry
C
C
Lets hope that turbo fits the 3.0L.... because that is the engine I am going to build up for it.... if the turbo doesnt fit, then I will just have to get a custom turbo made instead.....

NIkolas

1999 Mercury Cougar V6
KKM Intake,SVT TB, SVT Upper/Lower, 19lb injectors, Diablo Chip, MSDS Headers, Custom Exhaust, B&M Short Shifter, Progress Lowering Springs, 18" Axis TC's, OMP Strut Bar, AAM 24mm Rear Sway Bar, Koni Struts

15.09 @ 91.54(corrected, pre-SVT conversion, DiabloChip, and Injectors)
S
S
Put blower on 3.0 with 2.5 heads and listen to the whistle then the boom, shudder and finally dying gasp of your Contour..
lower compression pistons needed

R

98 V6 Lots-o-mods SOLD
88 Daytona Shelby Z TII (The beast)
87 Daytona Shelby Z TII (Holy 20 psi of boost batman!)
Mods- 3" Downpipe, Hi-Flow cat, 3" mandrel bent exhaust with Dynomax Ultra flow. Manual boost controller, TurboXS blowoff, 5th injector, large canister wastegate, Nitrous Express go-fast-be-happy kit, ported exhaust manifold, ported intake manifold, upgraded motormounts, eibach springs, strut tower brace. Oh and 20 PSI to boot.. my oh my...
K
K
Quote:
Originally posted by SeR Guy:
Put blower on 3.0 with 2.5 heads and listen to the whistle then the boom, shudder and finally dying gasp of your Contour..
lower compression pistons needed

R

Or use the 3.0L heads. The 2.5 heads would be fun for a minute though laugh

2000 SVT Contour #1077/2150 MSDS Headers/B&M Shifter/H&R's/

1995 Contour SE V6 #????/Tons KnuProject, awaiting mass mods
R
Administrator
Administrator
R
the external dimensions of the 3L are identical to the 2.5L as long as the 2.5L front cover is used, therefore a Vortech will bolt up to it the same as it would to a 2.5L. A custom tune would be highly advisable though. I also would definately not use the 2.5L heads w/ a 3L block with forced induction, the CR would not be conducive to elevated pressure and the valves are smaller, making it harder to fill the cylinders.

It's all about balance.

bcphillips@peoplepc.com
B
B
Quote:
Originally posted by Rara:
...I also would definately not use the 2.5L heads w/ a 3L block with forced induction, the CR would not be conducive to elevated pressure and the valves are smaller, making it harder to fill the cylinders.

Not to mention the overhang into the cylinder of the combustion chamber making a sharp edge available to the heat. Things like that tend to melt real easy in a boosted motor...

Brad Noon
'99 SE MTX
3 point oh my God H.O. 179HP/178TQ
BNMotorsports Floormats, powder coating, TB optimizing, Gutted cats, etc
BNMotorsports is now the preferred distributor of Contour/SVT/Mystique Indiglo style gauges!!!
bnmotorsports@msn.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard