Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#402326 08/29/01 05:38 PM
B
B
Down low schmow laugh The upper is one merged piece which separates just before the lower. Not going to be a mod for someone after low speed TQ me thinks. It's going to be much easier to hog it out though!!!

The front and rear banks have similar lengths because they draw air from different sides of the main runner which has separate air channels to balance the distance to each bank.

Brad Noon
'99 SE MTX
3 point oh my God H.O. 179HP/178TQ
BNMotorsports Floormats, powder coating, TB optimizing, Gutted cats, etc
BNMotorsports is now the preferred distributor of Contour/SVT/Mystique Indiglo style gauges!!!
bnmotorsports@msn.com
#402327 08/29/01 05:53 PM
Y
Y
thanx for the quick reply bnoon i guess its just me :rolleyes: anyway could you take the 3.0 block, with the svt heads and cams then toss the 3.0 lower and upper on would that setup work???? also if you were to go forced in duction which would be better the 3.0 upper and lower or the svt one i already have???

ps what would it take to convert a non-return to a return style setup??? seeing as i have a 2000 svt its limiting my choices on new toys (vortec, nos)

-Y2K SVT- BORN 1/03/2000
NOW IF ONLY HAD MONEY TO MOD IT
#402328 08/29/01 06:06 PM
T
T
Whats the 'kick in' revs for the Taurus secondaries? ....anybody?

V6 MTX
'Don't p**s up my back then tell me it's raining!!!"
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
'If I build it,fix it,upgrade it or modify it...MAYBE they will come....!
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
Dealer for 'Quaife America' & 'Autotech Sport Tuning'
SOLE USA Dealer for the American Axle 'AUSSIE BAR'...
Get a Turbo for you Zetec from HMS Inc...by 'The Demon' ...www.DemonDynamics.co.uk
..don't talk about it DO IT !!!
#402329 08/29/01 07:20 PM
B
B
Quote:
Originally posted by Terry Haines:
Whats the 'kick in' revs for the Taurus secondaries? ....anybody?

Perhaps you could ask here to be sure Terry. http://www.tauruscarclub.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro

Quote:
Originally posted by RELENTLESS1214:
thanx for the quick reply bnoon i guess its just me anyway could you take the 3.0 block, with the svt heads and cams then toss the 3.0 lower and upper on would that setup work???? also if you were to go forced in duction which would be better the 3.0 upper and lower or the svt one i already have???
ps what would it take to convert a non-return to a return style setup??? seeing as i have a 2000 svt its limiting my choices on new toys (vortec, nos)

Unknown which intake combo works the best. Experimentation and data to back it up is the key. Swapping returnless for return type is as easy as selling your car and buying another one... Different fuel rails, fuel lines, tank, fuel pump, pressure regulator...

Brad Noon
'99 SE MTX
3 point oh my God H.O. 179HP/178TQ
BNMotorsports Floormats, powder coating, TB optimizing, Gutted cats, etc
BNMotorsports is now the preferred distributor of Contour/SVT/Mystique Indiglo style gauges!!!
bnmotorsports@msn.com
#402330 08/29/01 07:41 PM
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by RELENTLESS1214:

An entirely new fuel system (injectors, pump, fuel rail, FPR, harnesses, etc!) and PCM. Not remotely close to worth it or easily done.

You'd be better off going to a stand alone fuel management system. Still going to run you several grand though...

2000 SVT #674 - Check it out!

Whoever coined the phrase; "If it ain't broke; don't fix it" ~ Just doesn't get it...
#402331 10/30/01 04:25 PM
J
J
Sparks:
Your sucking in way too much hot air. I connected an OBD 2 puter to an open cone filter such as yours and one to a modified air box and the air box was MUCH cooler. Also, a modified air box will flow quite a few more cfm then a stock taurus air box (I don't have hard numbers YET, but I'm working on it) 3" pipe from fender to air box with no hard edges usually means better air flow then the 1" hole at the end of the saxacone. Another thing to consider is your filtering media. Amsoil pannel filters are quite nice for removing dirt and keeping cfm flow high. All in all, cost of modified air box (not including Amsoil filter) $6

Terry:
I'll hook up my dyno and go for some fun in the new duratec sable I just got. Where the curve dips momentairly is where the secondaries open right?

Air Knight:
Mounting bolts for the pree and post 2000 3.0 duratec are the same.

General:
Also, some of the Tauri guys are switching to the 2.5 intakes for increased torque, the 3.0 have shorter (hp) runners simply b/c the extra .5L helps in the low end. I know, I know 200/200 is nice, but some people like torque.

14.6 out of a 12 valve 3.0 Taurus
A wise man once said, rather then watch a girl wrestle I would rather see her box.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard