Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
Quote:
Originally posted by L8 Apexing Aussie:
I may be able to get 4 more.
I will know in a couple of weeks.
I have to search my source for a p/n. Stay tuned, but expect to pay at least $85 for one. Last one I auctioned went for $90.

At the risk of sounding like an ass here,

If this is a Ford part, why are you auctioning them off? Just tell us poor shmo's the part number and be done with it.....

B
B
The reason Stazi is selling them "auction style" is they are very hard to come by and no one seems to have any clue as to where to get them. Stazi I don't think is getting them straight from Ford, he has an "aftermarket" source wink I got the other one, but unfortunately won't be installing it for a month or so since I'm still building my motor.

Rick

The first Blown 3 Liter!
"Drive it till the wheels fall off" -my personal motto!!!!
98.5 T-Red SVT #6180
Many Mods
Buckshot77@aol.com
Owner of 00 #1611 Silver
Totalled on 10/7/01
SVT Parts for Sale
Quote:
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
The reason Stazi is selling them "auction style" is they are very hard to come by and no one seems to have any clue as to where to get them. Stazi I don't think is getting them straight from Ford, he has an "aftermarket" source wink I got the other one, but unfortunately won't be installing it for a month or so since I'm still building my motor.

Rick

Makes sense to me. I was thinking they were just 2002 Cougar dampers we could pick up ourselves.

Sorry if I offended.

S
S
I already called Bill J. about the new cougar dampner and his part numbers haven't been upated yet. So, if Judge and Aussie are the only guys that can get it, sign me up. I'll pay $90, cheap insurance if you ask me.

Chris
NJ
98.5 SVT Silver Frost w/Frankentrans
carsla AT optonline DOT net
Quote:
Originally posted by Shaggy:
I already called Bill J. about the new cougar dampner and his part numbers haven't been upated yet. So, if Judge and Aussie are the only guys that can get it, sign me up. I'll pay $90, cheap insurance if you ask me.

Considering a stock 2.5L Contour duratec damper lists for $127. at fordpartsonline that's a straight up bargain!

Strange though, the Y2k Cougar duratec damper is only $45 - so maybe this (I'm guessing Mondeo) damper is somewhere in between?

E
E
Maybe this is where It comes from...Ed

http://home.att.net/~biker16/mazda_duratec_HE.html

Technical Data ? USA Specification Mazda 6

"Cast iron with 49.98mm diameter crankpins, with 62.97mm diameter main bearings and dual mode damped front pulley"

2000 Silver Frost SVT
#1625 14 Jan 2000
Dual Mode Dampener
A/C switched
K&N Dropin
Magnecor
J
J
Quote:
Originally posted by ScottK:

At the risk of sounding like an ass here,

If this is a Ford part, why are you auctioning them off? Just tell us poor shmo's the part number and be done with it.....

Well, last time someone took the PN to a dealer they got a regular damper...so Ford is depleting their stock of regular dampers....the only way to get them is through Stazi or from Ford Europe...

Just call me Judge.
People suck.
Life begins at 170mph...until that point it is just boring.....
D
D
Damn, I quit bidding on the last one at $85. Well, I'll try again - I am in for $85 if you get some more..

Judge, would you expect this damper would make a 7300 RPM redline "safer" than the stock damper?? Basically, are the harmonics the major barrier to safe "mildly" higher RPM (I am guessing at even >RPM (say > than 7500-7800) valve springs & rod strength would become issues as well s

1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760)
Stock SVT Duratec V6 with:
Intake- K&N filter/75mm MAF meter
Exhaust- MSDS Y-pipe/Bassani catback
Durability-Ford "dual mode" damper, Mobil 1/K&N oil filter
179.2 FWHP at 6900 RPM
J
J
We do not run the vehicle that far out (stock ECU in test vehicles as far as that goes)........so I am not going to venture a guess.....but if it were my car I wouln't do it without total balancing and the upgraded bearings.....

Just call me Judge.
People suck.
Life begins at 170mph...until that point it is just boring.....
D
D
Understand Judge. Can you tell me this- with the new damper (in the tested rev range), are the harmonics issues pretty much resolved with the dual mode or is still alot of room for improvement? I'm trying to get a quantitative feel for how much better the dual mode is / is it worth the effort?? Thanks..

1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760)
Stock SVT Duratec V6 with:
Intake- K&N filter/75mm MAF meter
Exhaust- MSDS Y-pipe/Bassani catback
Durability-Ford "dual mode" damper, Mobil 1/K&N oil filter
179.2 FWHP at 6900 RPM
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard