Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
OP Offline
I
Well my question is will a chip from a Zetec work on my car. Yes i know i have to have it Reprogramed But how much does it cost to have it Reburnt. I hear some people say $40 and some say a lot more. Anybody with a Non-svt have any dyno numbers. I want to see how much i will gain.The main reason im getting it becuse my car ran real lean on the dyno and im hopeing that getting the chip will help that out. Thanks

A
A
Call SuperChips! They coudl tell you!

CALL 800-898-CHIP

From what I see at www.superchips.com they are all the same for the tour jsut different program.
http://www.superchips.com/fordcars.htm

-Andy

Andy Watson
'99 Silver SVT #2397| DOB 07/29/99
Graci!

American Iron Shoot Out - Event Promoter!
Check it out, we need your input!
Www Dot American Iron Shoot Out Dot Com
R
R
Diablo....

Kharma is very real and she is one mean b!tch.
L
L
Well Kevin you should of asked. I checked and it is the same part, different code (obviously). I know of one place here in Chicago that deals with Superchips (reprogramming). I can find out if you want. But if you go on Superchips website you can find out the price for a reflash. I believe it is over $100. eek Look around you might be able to find it cheaper. Winter is coming you have some time. :rolleyes: If you have more Q's give me a call.

2000 Contour Zetec ATX
Hector
Mods...I got em'
"Contour grills, Contour bills, check out the oil my Contour spills."
2.SLO = 17.6 at 80mph
My profile
I
OP Offline
I
Hey hector that would be great if you can call and ask them for me. I tryed calling superchip and no one answerd . I posted this thinking someone might be able to help but guess what no one wants to. Except for andy and you :rolleyes:

T
T
Hector -- there is a place around here that carries Superchips!? I want to go there!

Dan Parmelee
1999 Acura Integra SiR-G coupe
"I heard Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms"
"Word, bitch! Phantoms like a muhfuka"
L
L
When I called them they gave me one number for the Chicago area. I called (I'll have to find the #)and they said that they sold them not reflash(not sure). Best bet is call 800-898-2447 ext2001. This will give you the nearest dealer according to area code. I just dialed form work and it gave me a different number then the 1st time. The 1st number was a 773 area code. If you want here is the number I got:630-832-3773. Need more help give me a call. I won't be loggin on until work Monday night. I need internet at my house.

2000 Contour Zetec ATX
Hector
Mods...I got em'
"Contour grills, Contour bills, check out the oil my Contour spills."
2.SLO = 17.6 at 80mph
My profile
I
OP Offline
I
Thats alright man after searching for over a Freaking hour i found out the price. I emailed Warren and he said 45buck to reprogram and 6.50 S&h. so its all good. I want to thank everyone for helping me when i needed it as well :rolleyes: mad

M
M
Question... i dont know much about these things, but once you buy one and then start doing mods do you have to have it re-programmed to utilize your new mods to there fullest extent ?

Mike | 98 Silver CSVT
I
OP Offline
I
Yeah its a good idea to have it reprogramed in order to get the best outta the mod. This is why im waiting on it. Im going to get the Y-pipe then the chip and have it programed to my mods.

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard