Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
#2711 03/06/02 12:10 AM
C
Corey Offline OP
OP Offline
C
"This is Malspeed's Contour SVT. We are planning to put the first ever turbo on it. A lot of money is going to go into this bad boy. "

http://www.malspeedandferktec.com/

HAHAH laugh laugh

www.shox.com Dealer
Koni's 135 a piece
Eibach's 190 a set
KYB's 70 a piece
H+R's 225 a set

see profile for website, aol name, etc
Business:WestEndMobil@yahoo.com
Personal:Corey_pimp1@yahoo.com
1998.5 SCSVT ($16000 takes it)
2001 GSXR-1000
1988 Corsica (the beater)
#2712 03/06/02 12:11 AM
F
F
LMFAO....

Loser

-Chris

Chris Hinds
AIM:CJ111010
1998 Contour GL Duratec 5-Spd
#565/????
15.610 @ 89.62mph
And I payed for it all myself
#2713 03/06/02 12:16 AM
C
Administrator
Administrator
C
d00d, you're KILLING ME!!!! Seriously! :p

-Chris Hightower-
-Hightower Performance Products, LLC

(Oo.«xx».oO)
o xxxxxxxxx o
#2714 03/06/02 12:18 AM
C
Corey Offline OP
OP Offline
C
hahaha wink

www.shox.com Dealer
Koni's 135 a piece
Eibach's 190 a set
KYB's 70 a piece
H+R's 225 a set

2001 GSXR-1000
#2715 03/06/02 12:34 AM
R
R
Why do you guy's let that fella get to you??? confused

#2716 03/06/02 12:36 AM
I
I
Quote:
Originally posted by RedSVT:
Why do you guy's let that fella get to you??? confused
Thats what im talking forget about these dam trolls :rolleyes: . ignore then and they will go away. No need to let it bother you guys its not worth it.

#2717 03/06/02 12:36 AM
G
G
wHo mE?

nOt mE! i hAvE a hYuNdAi eXcEl aNd I cAn bEaT a sToCk eXcEl. aLl i hAvE iS aN aFtErMaRkEt cUpHoLdEr!

#2718 03/06/02 12:45 AM
I
I
Ok, I need to visit the board more often. I missed the fun with this ferktek character. I just read through that troll war and laughed my ass of. I wonder what he'd make of my Cadillac, which is NOT a sports car, NOT turbo charged, and would crush an SI STOCK. I'm also willing to bet that his 88 300zx would find my Eldo a bit of a surprise at a light. Personally, you couldn't get me into that little thing at gunpoint, and as for his debate on peice of **** cars... Sigh, I hate to do this, and Chris, if you gloat about me saying this, I will kill you, but the Contour's a solid little ride. I like the idea of quicker contours, I'm not a fan of the current turbo setup, but it's a nice idea. I say just supercharge the little *****es, but that's just me. And yes, I can call them little because despite the fact that they're pretty sizable cars, they still are smaller than my coupe. I don't know whether to smile, or cry about that one. My Eldo's a big girl, but faster than a stock SVT. Whew. smile I like beefing my Eldo up for the pure sleeper effect. My previes fun was going to be the 14 second or less Town Car. I know, not a sports car, but Mustang GT block, so what the hell. Some sick pleasure and a nasty surprise for rice boys. Ah well, maybe after I have my supercharger in, I'll have the luck to be next to this dip**** at a light, and school him on the sleeper effects.

Words of wisdom...
-I'm too old for this sh*t.
-Dirty jews have well laundered money.

My car: Alyssa
1997 Cadillac Eldorado
Silver w/ Black half top
Ravin mufflers
Modified airbox and MAF
Rockford Fosgate 258 Watt multi channel Amp
Rockford Fosgate 9300X Punch Headunit, MP3 disc, with 8 CD changer.
Pair of 12" Boss 250W speakers in an oversized box
14.730 sec @ 95.79 mph in overdrive.
DYNO! 236.2 FW STD Horsepower
292.8 FW STD torque
#2719 03/06/02 01:15 AM
BAHAHAHAHA! I assume 15.8 is mad fast for an SI! emm... I don't recall ever saying that race was against my SE. In case you haven't notice, there's a guy on here that ran 14.72 stock with his SVT. Better yet, that has VIDEO PROOF! Oh and by the way, the blue paint was OFF the intake manifold when I ran the 1320. That shows how little you know about me.

How do you like your troll today? Raw or fully cooked?

Quote:
Originally posted by some troll:
This is another pathetic attempt to overglamorize the contour.......you run 16.16 in the 1/4 mile, pick up the new motor trend and youll have in written proof that a civic Si runs 15.8 STOCK! 4 tenths is a lot in my book... and this is the new Si coming out which is rated slower than the previous two years. The only reason you ran a blistering 16.16 is cause of that super cool blue intake manifold you have.........im sure that shaved at least 2 seconds of your time......good luck with your p.o.s. contour and ill see you in my rearview mirror.........

UBRF.org , Western New York's Premiere Automotive Forum.

Yeah, I got some bolt-ons.
Car Pics
Video of Brullen cat-back on a \'95 SE
How-to: Short Shifter for Pre-98 MTX

"heres the deal $2 grand buy in winner gets the cash and the girl and the respect. We'll race from 0 to Inf. until I win." - someone on the internet
#2720 03/06/02 01:17 AM
D
D
Damn! I should've paid more attention to that thread... laugh

125.2 FWHP - 126.5 FWTQ
SVT exhaust (#4 of 9) - B&M FPR - Custom CAI - bnoon optimized TB #1 & 2 (beat that!!)
Black '98.5 SE Zetec MTX
Best quote seen in a chat - "Jinx 12345678910 you owe me a naked picture of yourself!"
#2721 03/06/02 01:30 AM
R
R
Hey Chris, thanks for the answer on where the tank is gonna be in the trollfest. I'm glad you found someplace in the front. Piping to the trunk (where I thought it would be) would suck not to mention weight distribution. I've got about 3 bucks saved, only another 4,497 to go laugh

Ryan
--------------------
'98 T-Red Mystique LS, MTX, SVT Exhaust, KKM
--------------------
You and the Captain make it happen
(I'm in college what do you expect?)
#2722 03/06/02 03:55 AM
F
F
Thank you guys for thinking so highly of me. Malspeed, a fellow CEG'er, loves his contour and he is glad you are making fun of it. (seeing as how he had nothing to do with me posting a reply, i realized that everyone in the contour is an ignorant idiot, useless of good convo anyways) Since most of you own SE's anyway, you have no right to talk. However, we have been planning a turbo for this car longer than you know. I guess someone beat us to the punch. I'm glad that you guys took your only hope of ever making a contour turbo and belittled it on the forced induction forum, seeing as this was the only car ever having such a setup, it was easy to dis who ever built simply cause he actually made it happen. Seeing as many of have no idea what a turbo even does or how it works since you drive NA cars anyway. Chris Hightowers turbo will be great i'm sure, the HUGE T-25 should deliver about 3 HP max, but that's fine. You guys go about your daily lives trying to come up with a way to make your car potent, when it can't be. Sorry that i coulndn't make it happen yet...i'm only a college student, but you guys are genuises anywas so your turbo contours are already in the making either way....so enjoy your slow ass cars.....we should be BLOWING OFF near you sometime in the future at some contour meet and i will simply be flipping all of you off! While my boy, whom you have no problem with (a quality fellow CEG'er), will be getting his car drooled over by vultures like yourselves.

FergusTSI and I are not the same person.........thank you once again for making a whole topic about me.......I am truly honored!

By the way.....my Z will blow you guys out of the water!

I really hope the red SVT on my website made you guys drool too.....keep dreaming of TV's and wings with 18 inch rims!.....not to mention the playstation 2 and the exhaust and the intake the diablo chip....oh man....the list just doesn't stop!

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

Pics at helios.acomp.usf.edu/~csurka
The Z that everyone has been asking about and ranking on.......EXPOSED to the public!
#2723 03/06/02 04:11 AM
F
F
Quote:
Originally posted by FerkTec:
stupid blabber
Okay, you come to our board, and start criticizing people, when you have NO previous reputation with ANYONE on this board, and then get mad because we're pissed? You don't just waltz into the Oval Office and tell Bush his foreign policy sucks...

Shutup. Go home.

-Chris

Chris Hinds
#565/????
15.610 @ 89.62mph
#2724 03/06/02 04:19 AM
D
D
Quote:

By the way.....my Z will blow you guys out of the water!
The SS edition even. For Super Stupid. No wonder you bought it. It's such a good match.

You do realize that stock your car was slower than an SVT. Even though it has a larger engine & a turbo... That's pretty sad...

You do realize that the 4-cylinder Conquest TSi (Starion ESi-R) was the fastest & best handling car out of Japan in 88 & 89 right... It was a 14.9-15 flat car and out handled the 300ZX like the fat luxury coupe it was...

You do know your car's history right???

2000 SVT #674 - Check it out!

Whoever coined the phrase; "If it ain't broke; don't fix it" ~ Just doesn't get it...
#2725 03/06/02 04:23 AM
F
F
Just for further notice......I am against all rice burning cars....which is why i drive a 300ZX.....the arguement was that i've been taken by an SI before riding in a contour SVT. All my friends drive TT Z's or Supras or RX-7's.

Being out of Miami.....we have cars that you prob. have never seen before....where Integras and SE-R's take SVT mustangs everyday, not to mention contour SVT's. I came on your board to get insight of ideas and what people have done to turbo the SVT, but it seems the one and only man to have done so gets critisized for his near 300 HP acheivement. You all are jealous and foolish. I simply stated ideas on how to fit the bumper...I love the set-up!!!!!! Keep up the good research boys....i hope you tear up the next guy with a turbo also!

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

The Z that everyone has been asking about and ranking on.......EXPOSED to the public!
#2726 03/06/02 04:26 AM
C
Administrator
Administrator
C
So, Ferk. Are you bashing the Contour and saying it's slow and will never be fast? And at the SAME time, saying you are helping someone put a turbo on an SVT Contour?

Remember, you came onto this board. We consider ourselves somewhat of a civil group. If you are indeed working on a custom turbo install on a Contour, GREAT!!

Your whole purpose of posting anything is very unclear at this point. Please take some time, take a step back, we are all CAR enthusiasts here.

Oh, and how about you posting a dyno of your 1988 300ZX with over 293HP to the wheels.

-Chris

-Chris Hightower-

(Oo.«xx».oO)
o xxxxxxxxx o
#2727 03/06/02 04:30 AM
D
D
I never knew that my contour was that useless! I might as well go run it off a cliff tonight. Better yet since fords are useless I might ass well follow up with my Mustang. How does that Richard prior saying go " HAVE A COKE AND A SMILE AND SHUT THE f#$@ UP!

Dustyn
Red 1998 SVT E1
95 Mustang GT
Yeah there both slow
New ram clutch for sale
Sho shop pullies and belt for sale 30 bucks
#2728 03/06/02 04:30 AM
F
F
Yes Demon.....i do know the car history. Simply stated. I take the SVT's all day long with my car being stock and having 170 thousand miles. Can your contour even make it to that......shows how accurate the numbers are.....i'm sorry...but Nissan doesn't like to brag and make the numbers lower than they really are.....but those times are off. Obvisouly if i can take an SVT. How about that!

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

#2729 03/06/02 04:37 AM
F
F
Chris.....my Z is just fine......maybe when you stop mocking the guy who made the 293 HP contour happen and all you "civil" bunch of cronies, i will post some dyno charts. Although, my car has never been on a dyno, i cannot do that, seeing as how i don't care how much horsepower it has...i just know it hauls ass!

I am helping make a turbo SVT because my best friend wants one on his tour.
Mind you that FergusTSI and I are TWO DIFFERENT people!

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

#2730 03/06/02 04:42 AM
D
D
A stock 300ZX is low 15's when BRAND NEW! (no bench racing - I've raced them - yes back then even) I've also owned a Conquest TSi too.

After 170k the engine & turbo are both tired and losing compression.

I'd be surprised if you could even hit any 15's anymore honestly.

Think about what you are saying for a moment and you will see how damn funny it really is... :rolleyes:

Most stock SVT's ran low 15's. Some into the 14's

Even my really slow SVT can run 14.8 at a really crappy track at 1100'

The best N/A SVT (that's means normally aspirated BTW) has run 14.5 and some boosted ones into the 13's with no traction what-so-ever... (We're talking walking WS6's on the highway fast)

So take your tired worn out maybe? 16 second 300ZX and drive on out of here because you are doing nothing but make a bigger ass of yourself. If that is at all possible.

But don't worry. I'm sure your IP will be contacted and banned by tomorrow. The internet is far from anonymus...

Whoever coined the phrase; "If it ain't broke; don't fix it" ~ Just doesn't get it...
#2731 03/06/02 04:43 AM
C
Administrator
Administrator
C
Smack talking troll, found on his own turf. Not too much to back up his claims:

Quote:
"I am a true Nissan fan and driver. Soon to be front mount intercooled turbo 88 Z is in the making, once funds are recieved, installation can begin. -FerkTec"
http://drift.ath.cx/phpBB2/search.php?search_author=FerkTec&showresults=posts

MalSpeed might have a decent ride, whoever he is.

-Chris Hightower-

(Oo.«xx».oO)
o xxxxxxxxx o
#2732 03/06/02 04:52 AM
F
F
Nice Chris.....he has connection to driftcore! By the way, my Z is not stock anymore just to let you know Demon. It is far in front of any conour i've ever raced, and i race them on a daily basis considering my best friend, his brother, and his dad, and other friend ALL own SVT contours. So your tired out old engine runs 12 pounds of boost turned down for everyday driving can hit the track and **** you guys up! It is all good though, since you probably have no idea what my car can and can't do...since you guys are know it alls here. And you have some numbers given that are highly incorrect.

I'd like to make it known that i hope my membership from this idiot filled board is revoked. I rather post amongst appreciative people instead of monkey's like you!..........this is my last post!

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

#2733 03/06/02 04:55 AM
F
F
One more thing Demon, before I go!

IF YOU REALLY THINK THAT A CONTOUR SVT RUNS HIGH 14'S OUT OF THE BOX ( A SLOW ONE TO BOOT) YOU ARE HIGHLY DISILLUSIONED, THOSE SECONDARIES MUST BE WORKING OVERTIME TO GET THOSE KINDA TIMES!

Hilarious, where do you get these numbers....do you make them up????!!!

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

#2734 03/06/02 04:59 AM
F
F
Quote:
Nice Chris.....he has connection to driftcore! By the way, my Z is not stock anymore just to let you know Demon.
uhhh.. make up your mind.. modded or not?

Quote:
I take the SVT's all day long with my car being stock and having 170 thousand miles. Can your contour even make it to that......shows how accurate the numbers are.....i'm sorry...but Nissan doesn't like to brag and make the numbers lower than they really are.....but those times are off. Obvisouly if i can take an SVT. How about that!
Man.. there's so much fact in there it's blowing my mind... let's see some digits SS Boy.

Quote:
[b]I'd like to make it known that i hope my membership from this idiot filled board is revoked. I rather post amongst appreciative people instead of monkey's like you!..........this is my last post![/b]
Good. Later!

-Chris

Chris Hinds
#565/????
15.610 @ 89.62mph
#2735 03/06/02 05:01 AM
F
F
One more thing before you leave:

Quote:
One more thing Demon, before I go!

[b]IF YOU REALLY THINK THAT A CONTOUR SVT RUNS HIGH 14'S OUT OF THE BOX ( A SLOW ONE TO BOOT) YOU ARE HIGHLY DISILLUSIONED, THOSE SECONDARIES MUST BE WORKING OVERTIME TO GET THOSE KINDA TIMES!

Hilarious, where do you get these numbers....do you make them up????!!![/b]
Geez, how old are you, 15? If I remember correctly, someone on here has a video of a STOCK SVT running 14.7.. and I KNOW Brad Noon has a scanned time slip (you do know what those are right? actual PROOF instead of some number pulled out of your ass) of his SE running a 14.7

Shutup and go home

-Chris

Chris Hinds
#565/????
15.610 @ 89.62mph
#2736 03/06/02 05:10 AM
F
F
attention all:
You want proof of how slow contours are? and how you all shouldve bought another car....here it is a stock wrx taking an svt with the following mods,(kkm intake, underdrive pulleys) and got smoked...the svt has other mods but they dont affect speed (rotors and springs and what have you) we have video of this and are currently working on posting it on our website to show you all. the only reason i bring up the wrx is directed at a comment someone made earlier reagarding how the svt contour is the best and fastest four door car for under 25 thousand...i guess ive proved him wrong........

The link to the video will be up shortly

IF you wanted a real sports car, why did you buy a ford...and a contour nonetheless!
#2737 03/06/02 05:13 AM
F
F
And as far as a stock svt running 14.7............i dont buy it.......lemme see this mysterious video first of all and if the contour does run 14.7 i guarantee its not stock...

IF you wanted a real sports car, why did you buy a ford...and a contour nonetheless!
#2738 03/06/02 05:16 AM
P
P
Quote:
Thank you guys for thinking so highly of me. Malspeed, a fellow CEG'er, loves his contour and he is glad you are making fun of it. (seeing as how he had nothing to do with me posting a reply, i realized that everyone in the contour is an ignorant idiot, useless of good convo anyways) Since most of you own SE's anyway, you have no right to talk.
OI!!! im not ignorant, and i also dont own an SE i own a GL THANK YOU very much!!!!! :p

97 Zetec MTX Sport
Esslinger UDP; Nology HotWires and BERU Silverstones; Sylvania Silverstars (high beam in low beam)
Dual Fiamm air horns
Mk1 Mondeo Clear corners(and yes I made them fit....)
Boston FS80's in the front

Micah's PRE98 SVT front bumper, W/ Mirko splitter(yet to be painted)

Rally drivers do it sideways......

Email: Roknut@linkline.com
AIM: AphexTwinGrin
#2739 03/06/02 05:17 AM
F
F
Quote:
Originally posted by FergusTSi:
attention all:
the only reason i bring up the wrx is directed at a comment someone made earlier reagarding how the svt contour is the best and fastest four door car for under 25 thousand...i guess ive proved him wrong........
Where were WRX's when Contours were being produced? Japan? yeah.. that's right

What's your deal? Are you so lame that you have to come over to a Contour board and stir up shit? Is this how you get your socks blown?

Geez.. get a life, go find some Mustangs or something to race since your Talon is so bad-ass and leave us alone.

-Chris

Chris Hinds
#565/????
15.610 @ 89.62mph
#2740 03/06/02 05:18 AM
F
F
Quote:
Originally posted by Plastique_synthetiX:
OI!!! im not ignorant, and i also dont own an SE i own a GL THANK YOU very much!!!!! :p
w3rd to the base model!

Chris Hinds
#565/????
15.610 @ 89.62mph
#2741 03/06/02 05:21 AM
F
F
yeah maybe i should find some mustangs to play with..........and that 15.6 youve run which i assume is your best time to date.....i ran better than that with a rediculously slow 1 sec reaction time due to the fact i was checking out some hot bootie on the sidelines....i ended up 15.49
oh yeah and the talon was stock lol...not mooded up the ass like yours im sure.....

#2742 03/06/02 05:32 AM
F
F
Quote:
yeah maybe i should find some mustangs to play with..........and that 15.6 youve run which i assume is your best time to date.....i ran better than that with a rediculously slow 1 sec reaction time due to the fact i was checking out some hot bootie on the sidelines....i ended up 15.49
oh yeah and the talon was stock lol...not mooded up the ass like yours im sure.....
Well, with ~200 turbocharged hp and AWD on your side, I'd hope that's the WORST you could run. As far as mods on MY ride go, I only got SVT Intake and Exhaust, if you wanna call it that.
But I don't care, your car is faster, what do you want a blowjob? medal of honor?

I'll ask you a second time, just incase you didn't catch it the first: WHY ARE YOU HERE?. If you're such a badass then you shouldn't have time to be playing around with us slow stupid ugly Contours.

Again, here's my invitation to quit while you're ahead, so shut the fuck up and leave our board

-Chris

Chris Hinds
#565/????
15.610 @ 89.62mph
#2743 03/06/02 05:36 AM
V
V
Quote:
i ran better than that with a rediculously slow 1 sec reaction time due to the fact i was checking out some hot bootie on the sidelines
nuf said... ROFLMAO!

Yeah foo i hear u! i hate it when those b! tchaz come to da track and mess wit my mad drivn skillz. they need to get the fuc out my biznaz wit their booties n all! :rolleyes:

1998 E0 Ford Contour SVT
Built on 8/19/97 -- #3101/6535
Silver Frost/Midnight Blue
* New Cupholders * CEG sticker =) * 9005 Philips BlueVisions * Sound System: Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X617 HU, RFosgate fnq514 components, RFosgate 6x9 3ways, RFosgate 12" sub, MTX 5ch/800w amp, 1 Farad Cap * Removed Ford emblems * Fogs w/parking lights and aimed up * Brushed Aluminum Style Grills all around * 205/55/ZR16 Bridgestone Potenza RE730's * Removed Headliner * Visit MY SVT website (UNDER CONSTRUCTION)*
#2744 03/06/02 05:40 AM
F
F
hey friction on a serious note.........i saw your website and youre actually rather funny when youre not trying to be a prick......have fun with your GL

#2745 03/06/02 05:46 AM
F
F
and to answer your other question as to why im on this is board is because my friend told me i HAD to check out the turbo contour on the other post....and might i add that is a pretty tight piece....i think this whole argument stemmed from me defending that turbo contour from some of your other CEG buddies who were tearing it apart...

#2746 03/06/02 05:51 AM
F
F
Quote:
hey friction on a serious note.........i saw your website and youre actually rather funny when youre not trying to be a prick......have fun with your GL
Thanks.. laugh

Does this mean that you're going to act like a car enthusiast, and appreciate other types of cars other than turbocharged coupes, and stop your stupid trolling?

Chris Hinds
#565/????
15.610 @ 89.62mph
#2747 03/06/02 05:54 AM
F
F
ill try...but seriously though dont tell me a stock svt can run 14.7 when demonsvt's car is running 14.8 and he has a ton of work done to it.....check out his profile if you dont believe me.......ill try and be nice from here on out......

#2748 03/06/02 06:04 AM
F
F
Quote:
ill try...but seriously though dont tell me a stock svt can run 14.7 when demonsvt's car is running 14.8 and he has a ton of work done to it.....check out his profile if you dont believe me.......ill try and be nice from here on out......
Seen the video.. Someone will chime in here with it, I'm sure

I'm sure you've taken a statistics course before, so you are aware that there is a margin of error in everything mass produced. I'm not too certain of the range on SVT Contours, but some make a tad more HP and some make a tad less than the advertised HP. Some people can drive better than others as well, track conditions, etc. etc. etc... many many factors to play with.

I mean, look at my 1/4 time. With two simple (performance) mods, a .6x something R/T,a 2.4x 60' and a crappy track, I managed a 15.610 @ 89.22. My first 1/4 run EVER was with this car and it was a 15.670 @ 89.55, with the same mods (+5-6hp MAYBE).

So I don't find it too unreasonable to see a stock SVT (not all stock SVTs)running that 1/4 mile, seeing as my car, with 30 less hp, really crappy r/t and 60', and Florida heat and humidity, can do it in 15.6..

BTW, Welcome to CEG laugh

-Chris

Chris Hinds
#565/????
15.610 @ 89.62mph
#2749 03/06/02 06:11 AM
F
F
ok i undertsand the margin of error argument
but look at it this way......my friend with the 88 300zx SS (which btw is a ****ing tight ass piece) took our friends svt when his z was stock......no boosting or anything of that sort....I raced Ferktec on a strip with my talon which was also stock then.........we both ran mid 15s...so i cant imagine an svt running 14.7 stock...but hey it is a ford maybe that margin of error was pretty big....maybe the 14.7 contour is the best one ever produced and all the ones ive seen are at the lower end of the spectrum.....hey anything is possible.....

#2750 03/06/02 06:17 AM
F
F
Quote:
ok i undertsand the margin of error argument
but look at it this way......my friend with the 88 300zx SS (which btw is a ****ing tight ass piece) took our friends svt when his z was stock......no boosting or anything of that sort....I raced Ferktec on a strip with my talon which was also stock then.........we both ran mid 15s...so i cant imagine an svt running 14.7 stock...but hey it is a ford maybe that margin of error was pretty big....maybe the 14.7 contour is the best one ever produced and all the ones ive seen are at the lower end of the spectrum.....hey anything is possible.....
Now you see why Quality is Job One..

-Chris

PS I'm a Contour fan.. not a Ford fan.. not even by a longshot

Chris Hinds
#565/????
15.610 @ 89.62mph
#2751 03/06/02 06:20 AM
F
F
hey friction go to Z and contours
u can see ferktec's Z and two of our friends SVT.....check out the red one that one is tight....

#2752 03/06/02 06:23 AM
F
F
Also, i forgot to mention...these guys are working on making a turbo for the black contour.....something more reasonable and cost effective than the other one on this website.......sometime this summer....we'll let you know how it goes in case youre interested in some help seeing as how we're almost neighbors and all

#2753 03/06/02 06:29 AM
F
F
hers another site......possible with better pics in it..
CLICK ME!

enjoy....

#2754 03/06/02 06:32 AM
F
F
I know i'm back as opposed to popular demand.....but those pics are just for you guys at CEG. Mainly for friction. I put them up cause everyone is now being a good sport....so in turn i will show some manners as well!

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

#2755 03/06/02 06:38 AM
D
D
BTW - about my 14.8 That's about 1 second faster than it ran here stock.

I run at a track where moded GTP's are 15's, WRX's are barely 14's, etc... (Hell I almost beat a 00 Mustang GT who ran 14.9X in 95 degree heat - yes video proof)

I know the track's bad. I know my 60' sucks. I know the 1100' doesn't help, but what can I do about it if I want to run at a track...

BTW - I've owned both a Conquest TSi (89) & a Eclipse GS-T (91) so don't think your DSM is the almightly mobile of doom eh... Hell several people here have or currently own them as well.
How's the handling or lack there of...
Hows the brittle AWD system holding up? Probably passable at stock levels I'm sure...
I'm willing to bet I know more about 83-95 Mitsu's then you will ever know... :p

Shall I continue since you seem to know so much about Contours :rolleyes:

#2756 03/06/02 06:42 AM
S
S
let me tell you guys, all of you guys have it easy. i'm the one that has to live with these two idiots.(ferktec and fergustsi) let me say that i'm sorry my stupid friends started so much garbage on our forums. it started when ferktec saw a lot of the post about the turbo, being negative towards the project. believe it or not this big dumb idiot with his short temper, has done a tremndous amount of research on our cars. he has plotted a turbo system for our car that is well thought out and very researched, but without funding and with us being in college, we have not been able to get to this project. the thing that gets me is that his post weren't facted back making him seam like the idiot he seamed. again, i'm sorry for him. also, the fact that this kid as been around at least three contour svt's on a daily basis for at least the past six months. he has commented many times how imrpessed he was with the contour, and then to come here and bash them? this just puzzles me! it's funny how people can say one thing here and say another thing else where.

but as far as this fergustsi guy:
he has really gotten under my skin. he talks all this **** about his talon tsi , but ask him where that car is now? and what type of car does he drive now? i'm sorry ferg but this had to be said.

also ferg,
don't tell me you don't know what this man is talking about, when he says that some cars are just made with more power. look at my dad's contour and ask ferk...his contour has always had more power than our other contours. you big dumb idiot. eat your words please, thank you.

99' black svt
#646 of 2760
born: 12-7-98

mods: kkm intake, mystery mod, bassani exhuast, sho shop pulleys, bosch +4, magnecor wires, superchip(sitting in my glove box), h & r springs, ebc gas-slotted rotors, luks super white bulbs(head lights), removed orange reflectors, removed ding guards, pre 98 sail panels, fog light fix, th fix

i'm 1/3 of the CSVT's in my family
#2757 03/06/02 06:44 AM
F
F
Thanks for the insight Demon. Everything you say is true....mostly.....I really like you car by the way!

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

#2758 03/06/02 06:45 AM
F
F
So you just proved my point..........your contour stock ran 15.8 right? and i ran at a pretty crappy track seeing as how 94 5.0s were running high 14s which apparently from what i hear arent very fast times........

#2759 03/06/02 06:47 AM
Right HERE !

Quote:
And as far as a stock svt running 14.7............i dont buy it.......lemme see this mysterious video first of all and if the contour does run 14.7 i guarantee its not stock...
Reaction time has nothing to do with the ET. ET doesn't start 'til you cross the gate.

Quote:
And FerkTec, you're the one that started all these bashing not us! So SCREW YOU!

Car Pics

"heres the deal $2 grand buy in winner gets the cash and the girl and the respect. We'll race from 0 to Inf. until I win." - someone on the internet
#2760 03/06/02 06:49 AM
F
F
BTW svtman15 is a bumbling idiot.......i think his svt is running 17.5 1/4 mile with major mods....yeah his car sucks.....and his dashboard is falling apart.......

#2761 03/06/02 06:54 AM
S
S
God !!! I just love these TROLLS coming into this group trying to impress us with their super fast cars .A 300zx ? a tsi ? BIG DEAL !! These wannabee guys just wish they had a contour . BUT they just have no BALLS or money to buy one . Come in here and try to bench race with your 300zx with 170,000 + miles on it , hell I am willing to bet your turbo does not even work any more !!! YOU want to race come up to milwaukee and I will race you with my boss 302 mav. OR my 88 gt . To be fare I will even give you a head start in the race . BUT wait, your 300zx would break down before it got out of florida . These trolls remind me of the chevy guys trying to pick on mustangs saying **** on how slow mustangs are. But wait a minute... It takes chevy to use a 5.7 engine just to keep up with ford which has a little 4.6 engine . TOO FUNNY ...

#2762 03/06/02 06:56 AM
S
S
do you guys see where this fergustsi guy is coming from? cause i don't...he just dissed my svt when he knows damn well that he said he should have gotten a contour instead of his piece of **** mustang. oh and by the way...this guy drives a 4cyl. ford ranger...yea i know...lol As far as you dissing me ferg thats ok...you know you are ****ing jealous...oh, and don't worry they have a recall on the dash.

99' black svt
#646 of 2760

mods: kkm intake, mystery mod, bassani exhuast, sho shop pulleys, bosch +4, magnecor wires, superchip(sitting in my glove box), h & r springs, ebc gas-slotted rotors, luks super white bulbs(head lights), removed orange reflectors, removed ding guards, pre 98 sail panels, fog light fix, th fix

#2763 03/06/02 06:57 AM
V
V
Quote:
Originally posted by svtman15:
let me tell you guys, all of you guys have it easy. i'm the one that has to live with these two idiots.(ferktec and fergustsi)
I send my heartfelt condolences. frown

1998 E0 Ford Contour SVT
* New Cupholders * CEG sticker =) * 9005 Philips BlueVisions * Sound System: Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X617 HU, RFosgate fnq514 components, RFosgate 6x9 3ways, RFosgate 12" sub, MTX 5ch/800w amp, 1 Farad Cap * Removed Ford emblems * Fogs w/parking lights and aimed up * Brushed Aluminum Style Grills all around * 205/55/ZR16 Bridgestone Potenza RE730's * Removed Headliner * Visit MY SVT website (UNDER CONSTRUCTION)*
#2764 03/06/02 06:57 AM
F
F
all that video proves is that that contour ran 14.72.......nothing else.....where is it that its stock? it looks like demonsvts car and his is mooded up the ass and its running 14.8 he says....no disrespect to demon, his car is nice...but how do you expect me to belive his car runs slower than a stock one with all those mods...and no i no longer have a TSi.....the name is simply in memory of it, god rest his soul... he is in a better place now

#2765 03/06/02 06:58 AM
F
F
You are out of your mind.....i remember Motor Trend compare a Roush Stage 3 mustang with a the Z28 SS and is was still faster than the Mustang. According to that....i wouldn't even waste my time riding to america's dairyland to race some redneck hopped up on anphetamines in his big bad Boss mustang!!!!

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

#2766 03/06/02 06:58 AM
V
V
Quote:
Originally posted by starsky:
God !!! I just love these TROLLS coming into this group trying to impress us with their super fast cars .A 300zx ? a tsi ? BIG DEAL !! These wannabee guys just wish they had a contour . BUT they just have no BALLS or money to buy one . Come in here and try to bench race with your 300zx with 170,000 + miles on it , hell I am willing to bet your turbo does not even work any more !!! YOU want to race come up to milwaukee and I will race you with my boss 302 mav. OR my 88 gt . To be fare I will even give you a head start in the race . BUT wait, your 300zx would break down before it got out of florida . These trolls remind me of the chevy guys trying to pick on mustangs saying **** on how slow mustangs are. But wait a minute... It takes chevy to use a 5.7 engine just to keep up with ford which has a little 4.6 engine . TOO FUNNY ...
easy now...you are not making a very coherent arguement yourself

1998 E0 Ford Contour SVT
#2767 03/06/02 06:58 AM
S
S
thank you vcontoursvt...i've had to seek mental help...no lie!!!

99' black svt
#646 of 2760

#2768 03/06/02 07:02 AM
And your proof of what is where? Wait, you have nothing!

Quote:
all that video proves is that that contour ran 14.72.......nothing else.....where is it that its stock? it looks like demonsvts car and his is mooded up the ass and its running 14.8 he says....no disrespect to demon, his car is nice...but how do you expect me to belive his car runs slower than a stock one with all those mods...and no i no longer have a TSi.....the name is simply in memory of it, god rest his soul... he is in a better place now

Car Pics

#2769 03/06/02 07:02 AM
F
F
yeah im jealous of your p.o.s. contour svtman.....if anything id rather have demon's...go get taken by another Civic Si svtman...cause you know thats a fact cause i was in your back seat when it happenned...

#2770 03/06/02 07:06 AM
S
S
ferg if you think my contour is so fast...i'm going to taco bell, get the video camera and we'll see what happens!!! if not, go jackoff to your two eights...

99' black svt
#646 of 2760

#2771 03/06/02 07:09 AM
F
F
hey svtman why dont you go jack off to your two eighths..........what kind of system do you have in your svt? none? thats right......the system might weigh it down too much huh?

#2772 03/06/02 07:11 AM
F
F
Stop it you two.....jeeeezzz......i thought i was bad!!!!!!!!!!

Quit it...

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

#2773 03/06/02 07:13 AM
F
F
Hey svtman you shouldve never gotten rid of your burbie.....why did you downgrade to an svt......no offense to the rest of you all but that burbie was hooked up sick style

#2774 03/06/02 07:14 AM
F
F
lol...........
ok im done bashing svtman
some respect....
not much
but some

#2775 03/06/02 07:16 AM
D
D
Quote:
So you just proved my point..........your contour stock ran 15.8 right?
...and a s/c SVT ran 14.7 here too... (same car knocked almost a second off that at a better track - still spinning through 3rd even!)

I thought we went over the fact the track sucks...

Comparing tracks is ridiculous. But then again so is this thread really so I guess it's fitting... :p

Also my driving got quite a bit better since my first runs. Being I hadn't driven/raced a FWD car in years... (still miss RWD!!!)

Also that 14.8 was from last summer/fall before some of my latest mods. I plan to beat that by a good number when I go to Heartland park in April/May... I figure the elevation drop alone is worth 2 tenths, not to mention the better track conditions, and more mods...

#2776 03/06/02 07:19 AM
F
F
yeah a SUPERCHARGED svt ran 14.7 not a stock

#2777 03/06/02 07:22 AM
Not that one that was shown in the video. Ever asked where the track was? Track is a big factor in trap time and speed. Obviously, you don't understand that. I mean, you wouldn't be a troll if you understand things.

Quote:

Car Pics

#2778 03/06/02 07:23 AM
D
D
Quote:
:rolleyes:

...at KCIR... The track I run at... It's red BTW - there's video of that too. :p It ran 14.2 here too. (video of that) Faster at Heartland (no video?, but timeslips)

I was trying to give you a clue about the condition of the local track, but I see that being clueless is how you'd like to stay so I will leave it at that... :rolleyes:

#2779 03/06/02 07:26 AM
F
F
If you guys really consider track temp. and elevation and all these little perks to get better times, and feel better about yourselves knowing that the track was the reason you ran so slow, then you need to get a life! (maybe a faster car)

Trying not offend anyone....but is plain and simply ridiculous!

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

#2780 03/06/02 07:26 AM
S
S
TO FerkTec ... I went to your website to check out your super fast blow your car out of the water 300zx . WOW !!! what a ugly azz car. It looks sooo G.A.Y. I have not seen one of those cars in so long , that I forgot how stupid looking that body style really looks. DAMN ! It even looks worse when you park next to a nice contour .

#2781 03/06/02 07:29 AM
F
F
And let me remind you that the mustang also has about 500 pounds of extra body that is not needed for an sole purpose but to look bad....redneck racing all the way starsky....typical wisconsin guy!......nice childish remark...."like, it's sooooo G.A.Y.!!!!!!!"

Keep up the good research you stool pusher!

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

#2782 03/06/02 07:30 AM
D
D
Quote:
If you guys really consider track temp. and elevation and all these little perks to get better times, and feel better about yourselves knowing that the track was the reason you ran so slow, then you need to get a life! (maybe a faster car)

Trying not offend anyone..
Still faster than you any day of the week and that's the real reason you guys are so pissed off... eek (truth hurts eh :p )

...and 4 doors to boot!

We won't even bring up handling or looks either...

I've had fun picking you losers apart, but being it's so easy it's just not fun anymore...

#2783 03/06/02 07:32 AM
F
F
Sorry Demon.......I take it back.....your car looks like S hit now!...and all those mods you did...i'm surprised it runs 14.8....spend another 16,000 and maybe you'll run 14.5

The bare bone fact about your blistering sounds barrier breaking speed is that it's not fast at all. When lightly modded Integras keep with that!

I was trying to be a nice guy and stop all this, but it seems that you can't have it any other way with you Contour guys....so hostile....all of you...can't say anything without automatically being pounded on

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

#2784 03/06/02 07:32 AM
F
F
the track where the supercharged countour ran a 14.8 was crappy fine i understand that....but you said gts there are running 14.9s The track i go to is also crappy and gts run 14.9s there too...so the tracks must be pretty comparable....so then by that correlation my stock tsi is almost as fast as that supercharged contour? how pathetic on the part of the contour is that?

#2785 03/06/02 07:39 AM
S
S
Quote:
And let me remind you that the mustang also has about 500 pounds of extra body that is not needed for an sole purpose but to look bad....redneck racing all the way starsky....typical wisconsin guy!......nice childish remark...."like, it's sooooo G.A.Y.!!!!!!!"

Keep up the good research you stool pusher!
That is the best you can do ???

#2786 03/06/02 07:42 AM
F
F
I don't know.....why don't you bring out the dogs...the shotguns....the corn and hay bails and we can have ourselves and old fashioned brawl. How bout it.....grease up the pig and let's see who can catch him. Let's make this happen.

I'm really sorry....but i'm not gonna give you the satisfaction....besides...i heard inbred people weren't very smart anyways!

In Milwaukee....is it still horsepower?...or do you use mule power?

Let me see some pics of your big bad Stang!...you know....the one parked next to the riding mower and tractor!

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

#2787 03/06/02 07:49 AM
R
R
ok, svtman you have my condolences but if the three of you go to school in the same area (maybe even the same school) why are you fighting on here? go dis each others cars face to face. I mean at least 2 of you have decent cars (I'd rather have a '90 300 zx over the '88 but thats just me) and as far as the
Quote:
If you guys really consider track temp. and elevation and all these little perks to get better times
why do you think these statistics are even made available if they don't make a difference. The simple fact of the matter is that a car running a 15.8 1/4 mile somewhere near Denver would run somwhere around 14.8 at sealevel, maybe even lower. also a car running a 14.8 at sea level at 67 degrees would run closer to 15.2 at 95 degrees

Ryan
--------------------
--------------------
#2788 03/06/02 07:52 AM
F
F
C'Mon girls... chill out, you're starting to sound like some rambling rice boys...

And yes, track CAN make a difference in your performance, certain elevation, wind characteristics, asphalt.. For instance, the difference between Moroso in WPB, FL and Orlando Speedworld... I don't have the numbers off the top of my head (too late/early to think of them) but Neil (GatorSVT) ran a much better time at Moroso than he did at OSW (I don't remember by how much though, but it was enough to make ya say damn) He'll probably chime in tomorrow morning and tell us...

And Starsky.. I'm sorry but I'll take an LS1 powered F-Body over a 4.6 Stang any day.. Kinda funny how a more archaic, larger engine, can make more HP, AND get better fuel economy than a "High-Tech" Overhead cam V-8.. (as best my memory can serve me, but I do recall reading a Car & Driver comparo between the Camaro and Stang showing this info to be true, but anyone with REAL numbers, please step up and shut me down if I'm wrong)

Let's all act a little civilized here, remember you're at Contour.org, not ClubSi...

-Chris

Chris Hinds
#565/????
15.610 @ 89.62mph
#2789 03/06/02 07:52 AM
F
F
Very understandable......but whatever happened to "Let's just go out and race this weekend"....as opposed to "Let me check my barometer to see if it's ok to run this weekend?"

You get my drift?

I do realize the importance for professional racing though....very much so!

Thank you friction!...(I know i added to the fire, but the guy is a prick!)

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

#2790 03/06/02 07:52 AM
I
I
Sigh, I hate to have to try this, and it's probably a waste of effort, but for some reason I try to be the voice of reason. The track isn't everything. I'll repeat that with an explanation, the track, ad it's times, aren't everything. Case in point, as you see, I drive me Eldorado, and my time on the track is a 14.7 I have a buddy with a bubble Caprice SS. Yea, I know the Caprice never had an SS package, but it's the best descrip for a former FHP Caprice. On the track, his first run was 18 seconds. Yea, feel free to say he had a bad run. He roasted the tires to all hell. Horrible 60 ft time. Second run he ran a 15 flat basically. Still not what the caar can do. I know, because I was in the other lane racing him at the track. I got out of the hole a lot faster than he did. The reason I mention this is because we took it to the streets later that night. We've had about 5 races on the street since. 0-40, my Eldo has not even come close to his Caprice. I just can't match the low end acceleration. I hate to admit it, but he's crushing me out of the hole. Now, if he can get the same type of start at the track, I'll give him a 14.6 est time, maybe less. BTW, side note because I hate admitting he'd win on the 1/4, I'll run him down by 110. DOHC Northstar opens up late in the game. Now, that story was there to proove a mjor point. Here are 2 cars where traction's not an astounding problem normally, and where shifting is all automatic, so tis reliable. now a roughly 4 second time difference on a car without too many variables should give one major demonstration here, driver skill counts for a lot. Now, I could go down to the track with a brand new Z06 Corvette, and if it's a manual, I'll be lucky to finish the race. I can't drive a stick well enough to race it effectively. But, I know some people who can. So, it's possible that people have managed to get SVT contours to run 14's stock. The cars have some balls to them. Now because this is an internet board, there needs to be a bit of trust here. Because I can't check everyone's car on this board. Too damned lazy. So if a guy comes on and says hey, I ran a 14.9 or a 14.8 stock on the 1/4, I'll be suspicious, and I'd like to see the time slip to see if he managed to just get a good start, etc, or if the slip indicates a bit too much power there. Also, we have o define stock. Do tires count as a mod? I have continentals on my car right now. At 30, I can stomp on the gas, and chirp/spin them. I'm FWD and have traction control, shouldn't do that. These tires have no grip, and are hurting my starts. Now, toss a set of Potenza Pole S-03's, I have a feeling I'll drop .2 off my times. My point to this lengthy post is stop, think, and get a few more details people. Going off half cocked leaves the girls disappointed. smile

Words of wisdom...

1997 Cadillac Eldorado
Silver w/ Black half top
Ravin mufflers
Modified airbox and MAF
292.8 FW STD torque
#2791 03/06/02 07:55 AM
S
S
Quote:
I don't know.....why don't you bring out the dogs...the shotguns....the corn and hay bails and we can have ourselves and old fashioned brawl. How bout it.....grease up the pig and let's see who can catch him. Let's make this happen.

I'm really sorry....but i'm not gonna give you the satisfaction....besides...i heard inbred poeple weren't very smart anyways!

In Milwaukee....is it still horsepower?...or do you use mule power?

Let me see some pics of your big bad Stang!...you know....the one parked next to the riding mower and tractor!
You should get out of the sun as I think it has cooked your brain . Or is it the bad drugs ? You have it all wrong . The inbred trailer trash people all live in florida like yourself .

#2792 03/06/02 07:58 AM
F
F
I think you forget.....but only OLD people live in Florida.

No offense to any older people on this forum!

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

#2793 03/06/02 07:59 AM
F
F
Quote:
Originally posted by starsky:
You should get out of the sun as I think it has cooked your brain . Or is it the bad drugs ? You have it all wrong . The inbred trailer trash people all live in florida like yourself .
You're losin' points there buddy..... Read my last post

oh yeah.. you guys notice that 3 people managed to post witihin 4 minutes, at 3-gat-damn-oclock in the morning?! WTF ARE YOU PEOPLE DOING UP SO LATE. laugh

-Chris

Chris Hinds
#565/????
15.610 @ 89.62mph
#2794 03/06/02 08:00 AM
V
V
too bad nobody is awake to lock this pathetic thread.

1998 E0 Ford Contour SVT
#2795 03/06/02 08:00 AM
F
F
Quote:
I think you forget.....but only OLD people live in Florida.

No offense to any older people on this forum!
True.. but we got our share of Trash too.. take a look off the side of I-4 near Lakeland...

Chris Hinds
#565/????
15.610 @ 89.62mph
#2796 03/06/02 08:03 AM
I
I
Oh, and I forgot to repost my 2 cents on the turbo contour, half the reason this whole war got started. I like the idea, but still has a long way to go. I'm a fan of the sleeper effect, Chris will attest to that, he knows I like sneaking up on people, and suprising them, though my exhaust says otherwise. I don't like how the turbo is set up, it kills any hope for a stock look. I really dislike the Cobra badge on the front grill. And yellow... *shudder* The engine setup itself, too messy for my tastes. I don't mind a packed in engine, etc, but the turb setup seems disjointed, and doesn't even hint to stock. I know, it's not a stock contour. But, I've seen Mustangs with blowers and chargers on them, and they of course arenn't stock. But with a well done one, it looks like everything is supposed to be there. Everything flows together, and belongs. Not like that damn double wing on the back of that contour. *gag* I also worry about that tranny in there. The guy had said something about the stock transmission, and I just don't hold much hope for that thing surviving long. Just me, I worry about **** breaking though. I'm also a neatnik when it comes to my car's design. I don't like the frankenstien feel. Ah well, there's my post on the turbo contour, though I'm a bit worried that a voice of reason will fall upon deaf ears.

BTW, if it seems like I'm using cryptic language, and overly odd and large words, it's on purpose. If you have to stop and think "What the f*** is he trying to say?" then I've accomplished my goal of getting you to think. smile

Words of wisdom...

1997 Cadillac Eldorado
Silver w/ Black half top
Ravin mufflers
Modified airbox and MAF
292.8 FW STD torque
#2797 03/06/02 08:03 AM
F
F
I don't dare go around those parts......i stay my ass in the city!

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

#2798 03/06/02 08:03 AM
R
R
Going out and racing someone heads up is fine because you both have the same conditions to work with, but the way your comment came off it sounded like you thought conditions didn't matter when comparing a time from Denver and a time from sealevel.

Ryan
--------------------
--------------------
#2799 03/06/02 08:05 AM
I
I
And Hey! Don't diss old people too much. They've survived long enough to become old people. With some of our driving styles, and personal attitudes, we won't be old people. And you know I never sleep Chris. :p

Words of wisdom...

1997 Cadillac Eldorado
Silver w/ Black half top
Ravin mufflers
Modified airbox and MAF
292.8 FW STD torque
#2800 03/06/02 08:06 AM
S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by vcontoursvt:
We should hit 200 posts by wednesday night.

#2801 03/06/02 08:07 AM
F
F
HAHA.....you've earned a rating of 5 in my book IceHeart!

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

#2802 03/06/02 08:07 AM
H
H
why dont you rice boys find your selves a "real" car - even you rmodded Subras would have a hell of a time keepin up with my playtoys!!
lets just say that when Car and driver tested an identical car- with a blown head gasket and running on 6 cylinders it ran a 0-60 in 3.8

oops sorry - this is THE car that test was done with

This car
will do 0-60 in about 3.2 on DOT slicks

Give me a break and go screw yourselves- GET A REAL SPORTS CAR BEFORE YOU TALK TRASH!!

'98 SVT #2253
Currently DEAD!
Cobra Paradise
#2803 03/06/02 08:09 AM
I
I
Sweet cars, for a Troll... BTW, my car does 0-60 in 6 or so, but I doit with Air conditioning, so nyah nyah. :p I have a CD player too :p

Words of wisdom...

1997 Cadillac Eldorado
Silver w/ Black half top
Ravin mufflers
Modified airbox and MAF
292.8 FW STD torque
#2804 03/06/02 08:09 AM
H
H
BTW my boss had a jacka$$ givin him crap one day saying his DIABLO would kick his Cobras butt- well my boss said pink slips buddy- lets do this

lets just say the guy never wrote a single thing more to my boss-

we own our cars because we like em- that doesnt mean we dont have nastier things at home in the garage to play with!!!

'98 SVT #2253
Currently DEAD!
Cobra Paradise
#2805 03/06/02 08:11 AM
F
F
Great....another real winner here!

What does that even have to do with anything....considering there are no rice burners here.........buddy is dissing all the other Ford drives in this thread...good looking out Horse.

(I don't think a Ford is a rice burner! GENUIS!!!)

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

#2806 03/06/02 08:12 AM
I
I
Horse... change your name to Bull. Cause that's a load of shizit. (Smirk, new troll war strating... sigh)

Words of wisdom...

1997 Cadillac Eldorado
Silver w/ Black half top
Ravin mufflers
Modified airbox and MAF
292.8 FW STD torque
#2807 03/06/02 08:12 AM
F
F
Those cars aren't his.....he probably rides a horse to work!

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

#2808 03/06/02 08:13 AM
H
H
BTW I thought SS was a GM designation meaning Super Sport or some thing to that respect

oh boy why am I wasting time talking to you morons- when I could be sleeping

'98 SVT #2253
Currently DEAD!
Cobra Paradise
#2809 03/06/02 08:14 AM
F
F
oh.. you really shouldn't knock on that Turbo SVT too bad.. it's a one-off done by a dude that can barely speak english..
It's obviously no show car, but damn.. that's the first documented functional turbocharged SVT Contour. And it really isn't that bad anyways, I know, I actually rode in it, fugger will have no problem running into the 13s as shown.

Give a little credit where it's due.. I'm sure when they tune it better (read: AFC), fix some of their piping problems, etc. etc. it'll be even fiercer..

I'm outta this thread
Peace
-Chris

Chris Hinds
#565/????
15.610 @ 89.62mph
#2810 03/06/02 08:14 AM
H
H
then why dont you ask a couple of the guys in the UT forum what I do for a living??

'98 SVT #2253
Currently DEAD!
Cobra Paradise
#2811 03/06/02 08:15 AM
R
R
page 5? already?

Ryan
--------------------
--------------------
#2812 03/06/02 08:16 AM
F
F
We are all very proud of you horse.....but since this convo had nothing to do with you or your bragging about your pretty cars in the first place...i'm gonna be forced to ignore you.

They are beautiful cars however!

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

#2813 03/06/02 08:17 AM
S
S
Quote:
Great....another real winner here!

What does that even have to do with anything....considering there are no rice burners here.........buddy is dissing all the other Ford drives in this thread...good looking out Horse.

(I don't think a Ford is a rice burner! GENUIS!!!)
I think he is just talking to you ferktec . you are the rice burning 300zx troll.

#2814 03/06/02 08:17 AM
I
I
Because honestly Horse, I don't care what you do for a living. This is a Contour forum, with a few oddball other cars roaming through it. Myself being one of them.

Words of wisdom...

1997 Cadillac Eldorado
Silver w/ Black half top
Ravin mufflers
Modified airbox and MAF
292.8 FW STD torque
#2815 03/06/02 08:20 AM
F
F
I suppose your Boss mustang and 89 GT fit well in this forum too Starsky?....come on man!

You aren't on home territory neither buddy!

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

#2816 03/06/02 08:22 AM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by vcontoursvt:
well this is better then watching the infomarcials on TV laugh laugh laugh

Red '97 GL Sport MTX
IVELISE

==================================
"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of liberty." John F. Kennedy
#2817 03/06/02 08:23 AM
F
F
HAHA.....this is true! I think i should have adminsistrator privalges to this thread since the topic started about ganging up on me anyways!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! This is my new favorite forum!

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

#2818 03/06/02 08:23 AM
I
I
Who was it that mentioned over 200 posts by weds night? We're over 100 already, sheesh. And don't pick on him too much Ferk, he at least owns a Ford. My Town Car was the last Ford I've owned, oor even had a family member own since about 1990....

Words of wisdom...

1997 Cadillac Eldorado
Silver w/ Black half top
Ravin mufflers
Modified airbox and MAF
292.8 FW STD torque
#2819 03/06/02 08:23 AM
S
S
Quote:
I suppose your Boss mustang and 89 GT fit well in this forum too Starsky?....come on man!

You aren't on home territory neither buddy!
I also have a 1995 contour . 8 fords in all. Sorry, no 300zx

#2820 03/06/02 08:24 AM
F
F
I do apologize......starsky and i also got off on the wrong foot.....seeing as how my car has 6 cyliinders as well as a turbo already disqualifies me from rice burning territory.

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

#2821 03/06/02 08:24 AM
I
I
And a root canal without meds is better than infomercials. Why aren't we all asleep? smile hehehe

Words of wisdom...

1997 Cadillac Eldorado
Silver w/ Black half top
Ravin mufflers
Modified airbox and MAF
292.8 FW STD torque
#2822 03/06/02 08:25 AM
F
F
You really should take a ride in a 300ZX TT....cause 300 stock HP ain't jokin around!

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

#2823 03/06/02 08:27 AM
I
I
Hmmm... 6 cyl makes it not a rice burner? That brings an interesting thought... What defines a rice burner these days? There are some Jap 8's wandering round in the trucks if I recall, and a lot of Jap 6's... What is the current definition of rice burner? Is it based solely on displacement and cylinders? Zetec's a 4 cyl.... hmmmm..... I should probably sleep before we start this debate.

Words of wisdom...

1997 Cadillac Eldorado
Silver w/ Black half top
Ravin mufflers
Modified airbox and MAF
292.8 FW STD torque
#2824 03/06/02 08:28 AM
R
R
Night guys, I'm off to bed, been reading this thread and little else for an hour or so and have found it amusing. night welcome to ceg ferk you'll make a great edition to the local troll population.

EDIT: ****, actually looked at the clock and realized it's been 2.5 hours not just an hour

Ryan
--------------------
--------------------
#2825 03/06/02 08:29 AM
I
I
300 horse aint much these days. The ETC version of my car comes 300 horse stock. Though I'll say right now, a 300 ZX TT would probably outrun a ETC any day. But more and more vehicles are creeping up the 200hp scale...

Words of wisdom...

1997 Cadillac Eldorado
Silver w/ Black half top
Ravin mufflers
Modified airbox and MAF
292.8 FW STD torque
#2826 03/06/02 08:31 AM
F
F
Well...in my opinion (and sole opinion), a rice burner is a Honda, Nissan, Toyota (Japanese) made car running on 4 cyl. that when is revved up and taking off at high speeds....it really isn't getting anywhere but into the thousands of RPM's

Although...some of them these days are getting to be pretty quick (<-- notice i said quick)

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

#2827 03/06/02 08:32 AM
I
I
Sleeps a good idea... and I just noticed how big my sig's getting.... Lotta space in there... One day I'll get a web page and just toss a link in there instead. Course I've been saying one of these days I'll clean and organize this room since the late 90's... smile

Words of wisdom...

1997 Cadillac Eldorado
Silver w/ Black half top
Ravin mufflers
Modified airbox and MAF
292.8 FW STD torque
#2828 03/06/02 08:33 AM
S
S
Quote:
You really should take a ride in a 300ZX TT....cause 300 stock HP ain't jokin around!
You will have to start a new thread wed. night . As this one will be locked down soon. Too bad . I need to get at least 3 hours sleep now.

#2829 03/06/02 08:35 AM
I
I
We need a chatroom... This is turning into a nearly real time thread....

Words of wisdom...

1997 Cadillac Eldorado
Silver w/ Black half top
Ravin mufflers
Modified airbox and MAF
292.8 FW STD torque
#2830 03/06/02 08:35 AM
F
F
this is very true.......and i will be kicked off this forum as well......may i say that it was more than a pleasure talking to all of you! I do mean everyone.

Especially IceHeart.....I still can't get over that line..."dirty jews have well laundered money"...absolutely great...classic even!

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

#2831 03/06/02 08:39 AM
I
I
Everyone seems to like that one. Tis my own creation, Chris was there for it.. he was badmouthing me for being a dirty jew, I piped back with that line. And it's true, there's a reason my bank account is always pretty full. And I'm getting my buddies to do the same. So I'm a helpful dirty jew smile

Words of wisdom...

1997 Cadillac Eldorado
Silver w/ Black half top
Ravin mufflers
Modified airbox and MAF
292.8 FW STD torque
#2832 03/06/02 08:41 AM
F
F
HAHAHAHAHA.......ROFL....that is great! I have my own jew theories, but I am not jewish and I'm NOT going to indulge into that right now.( I may offend someone) But that is priceless

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

#2833 03/06/02 08:44 AM
I
I
Tis the advantage to being Jewish, I can say it. And we're at 122 posts smile

Words of wisdom...

1997 Cadillac Eldorado
Silver w/ Black half top
Ravin mufflers
Modified airbox and MAF
292.8 FW STD torque
#2834 03/06/02 08:44 AM
I
I
This thread's almost as big as my post history... frown

Words of wisdom...

1997 Cadillac Eldorado
Silver w/ Black half top
Ravin mufflers
Modified airbox and MAF
292.8 FW STD torque
#2835 03/06/02 08:46 AM
F
F
HAHA.....this is a meaningless cause. Iceheart, i'm going to sleep. It was nice talking to you!...I'm looking forward to it in the future!

Don't you think it's pretty impressive that i wrote my first post tonight and i already have my own topic and i'm a rated member and have 5 pages on my topic?

Funny how things work!

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

#2836 03/06/02 08:47 AM
S
S
i hate that kid...i've been here for ever and i'm still not rated. come on ferk be a nice guy!!!lol

99' black svt
#646 of 2760

#2837 03/06/02 08:48 AM
F
F
OK Mal (SVTMan)...i'll rate you!...hehe

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

#2838 03/06/02 08:49 AM
I
I
Hhehehe night man, and I got post 125 on this thread. That's a milestone... I think... see ya round maybe. Preferably at a red light after I have my supercharger in. Which reminds me, time to go chheck my supercharger's site. Later

Words of wisdom...

1997 Cadillac Eldorado
Silver w/ Black half top
Ravin mufflers
Modified airbox and MAF
292.8 FW STD torque
#2839 03/06/02 08:50 AM
F
F
Godspeed my friend. Good night!

Sleep country is calling

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

#2840 03/06/02 08:50 AM
I
I
Dangit, I didn't get 125.... I'm just going to have to post over and over and get 150.... Heheheh no, I need to sleep, course I said that 20 mins ago... still haven't gotten out of my comp chair on gone to bed.

Words of wisdom...

1997 Cadillac Eldorado
Silver w/ Black half top
Ravin mufflers
Modified airbox and MAF
292.8 FW STD torque
#2841 03/06/02 08:52 AM
F
F
I'm really really gone this time......if you don't get a response back.....i have gone to sleep......this will end with your last post!

FerkTec

88 300zx SS edition

#2842 03/06/02 08:53 AM
S
S
you guys are never going to bed!!! this will be going on for at least another 30 mins. and you all know this!!!

99' black svt
#646 of 2760

#2843 03/06/02 08:55 AM
I
I
Probably.. and I rated you too man... Gave you a 10 smile

Words of wisdom...

1997 Cadillac Eldorado
Silver w/ Black half top
Ravin mufflers
Modified airbox and MAF
292.8 FW STD torque
#2844 03/06/02 08:56 AM
S
S
thanks buddy...you too. hey do you have any pics of your car? that sh*t sounds tight.

99' black svt
#646 of 2760

#2845 03/06/02 09:00 AM
I
I
No good pics yet. I'd planned on keeping them hidden until I'd done my wheels and body kit. The only pic of it is in the pics and vids area, posted by Friction. He made it lime green... And lowered it. Damn photoshop. It's also not a great view. Other thing is, me Eldo looks stock. sorry man, I've been meaning to get some pics up for real, but with me "been meaning" and "plan to" all tend to be whenever I get bored enough to get off my lazy butt and actually do it. laugh

Words of wisdom...

1997 Cadillac Eldorado
Silver w/ Black half top
Ravin mufflers
Modified airbox and MAF
292.8 FW STD torque
#2846 03/06/02 09:05 AM
I
I
Oh yeah, I get post 135, and now, I'm done for the night. Later man. smile

Words of wisdom...

1997 Cadillac Eldorado
Silver w/ Black half top
Ravin mufflers
Modified airbox and MAF
292.8 FW STD torque
#2847 03/06/02 09:05 AM
S
S
lol...i know exactly what you mean...i won't do sh*t for a while and in a matter of days do all types of stupid things out of the blue!!! it's a funny world.

99' black svt
#646 of 2760

#2848 03/06/02 09:13 AM
T
T
smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile

#2849 03/06/02 09:16 AM
I
I
Another one of those "I've been meaning to" things... GO TO BED!! Sheesh, still haven't gotten up... course I am warm, comfy, and wrapped in 2 blankets already. Maybe I should just curl up here....

Words of wisdom...

1997 Cadillac Eldorado
Silver w/ Black half top
Ravin mufflers
Modified airbox and MAF
292.8 FW STD torque
#2850 03/06/02 09:21 AM
S
S
i should do the same thing!!! i'm in college so...two girls just came over and they are playing ps2 now...so i don't think i'll be going to bed anytime soon!!! yea me!!!

99' black svt
#646 of 2760

#2851 03/06/02 09:59 AM
S
S
damn...i really thought this post was going to last into the early morning well five is good enough. so i'll retire with the 140th post.

99' black svt
#646 of 2760

#2852 03/06/02 02:01 PM
L
Lee Offline
L
Damn! I looked at this thing at 10:30 last night and it was no where near this long!

FerkTec- Why can't you be a respectable Troll and own at least a Honda or a Toyota? I mean come on a Nissan. I'd be ashamed to show my face in public. :p

Oh and where can I find more information on the SS Edition 300Z?

Lee Cox
In life begins responsability...
Project Car
#2853 03/06/02 02:10 PM
C
Corey Offline OP
OP Offline
C
look at what i have started eek

www.shox.com Dealer
Koni's 135 a piece
Eibach's 190 a set
KYB's 70 a piece
H+R's 225 a set

2001 GSXR-1000
#2854 03/06/02 02:12 PM
F
F
Quote:
Originally posted by Corey:
No shiz... stirring up the trolls like that.. shame on you

Chris Hinds
#565/????
15.610 @ 89.62mph
#2855 03/06/02 02:37 PM
G
G
Quote:
friggin corey!! :p

#2856 03/06/02 02:42 PM
E
E
Quote:
Originally posted by Alky Jr.:
Quote:
[b]look at what i have started eek
friggin corey!! :p [/b]
Friggin Corey

Friggin Hugo,Uh...I mean ..uh..ALky Jr.

laugh

**HELP SAVE CEG!!! DONATE NOW!!!**

*This space for rent*
Please call...
1-800-FOR-ELKY

All proceeds go towards saving CEG
#2857 03/06/02 02:55 PM
G
G
Quote:
Originally posted by rmcd79:
Going out and racing someone heads up is fine because you both have the same conditions to work with, but the way your comment came off it sounded like you thought conditions didn't matter when comparing a time from Denver and a time from sealevel.
Yes, but this is the problem. Apples are being compared to oranges here. Fergus (or Ferktek?) was commenting on different cars at different tracks. The times are not comparable without some type of correction which is not possible to obtain. It could be guessed at, but unless someone (and what a job that would be!) went out and tested every car manufactured at different tracks and different temperatures, you wouldn't know what the correction factor would be. Not all cars react the same way to environmental changes so an individual correction would have to be made for each car.

To make things a little easier to understand:

Car A is raced at Track 1 and gains an ET of 14.7
Cab B is raced at Track 2 and gets an ET of 15.8

Well, if there is a difference of 1000' ASL between the two tracks or a 10 degree difference in temperatures then the times are just not comparable. Car B might well run a 14.2 at Track 1. You would not know unless you drove to that other track.

Both cars have to be raced at the same track in order to compare their times. If you watch NHRA they don't say, "well Jimmy ran x.xx last week so he wins today!!" (BTW I don't watch NHRA - I like corners, in both directions).

There is one other factor the FL guys have missed. Super charging and turbo charging actually come from aircraft. It is a method of increasing manifold pressure to obtain engine operating conditions which simulate sea level. This is done to increase performance at the service ceiling, or to increase that ceiling.

You cannot compare a turbo-charged engine at sea level to a normally aspirated engine at >1000' ASL. It might be possible (again, each car would need to be identical) to assume (and I use "assume" very lightly) that a supercharger Contour racing in Denver would get approximately the same numbers as an NA Contour at sea level. This of course would largely depend on removing other factors such as track condition and temperature, and assume that stock, both engines produced exactly the same horsepower at the same location.

#2858 03/06/02 02:59 PM
R
Administrator
Administrator
R
geez, this is ridiculous.

The whole "bashing" of this guys turbo 'tour was not as people are implying.
Everyone gave props to the guy for having done it, but he was getting "bashed" on the details.
He went through an awful lot of work to completely miss some of the important details, and as we all know "the devil is in the details"
Like a turbo that is sized improperly for the setup; without running 20+psi that turbo is too large for the airflow demands of the Duratec, and the duratec (and mtx75) cannot handle the power output at anywhere near 20+psi without substantial beefing up of the shortblock and driveline, so the turbo is the wrong size. The details in the welding etc. look poor, as does the fact that the power dist. box is sitting right next to the turbine housing, as well as other details we cannot see. No one is is upset that this guy has done a turbo contour, just disappointed that it wasn't done nearly as well as it could have been.

and ferktec and fergustsi, you guys are welcome to be here as trolls or whatever you wanna call yourself, as long as you behave like adults, and follow the forum guidelines from now on, otherwise, I will ban you.

and fwiw, yes I was sleeping laugh

It's all about balance.

bcphillips@peoplepc.com
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard