Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15
#2851 03/06/02 09:59 AM
S
S
damn...i really thought this post was going to last into the early morning well five is good enough. so i'll retire with the 140th post.

99' black svt
#646 of 2760
born: 12-7-98

mods: kkm intake, mystery mod, bassani exhuast, sho shop pulleys, bosch +4, magnecor wires, superchip(sitting in my glove box), h & r springs, ebc gas-slotted rotors, luks super white bulbs(head lights), removed orange reflectors, removed ding guards, pre 98 sail panels, fog light fix, th fix

i'm 1/3 of the CSVT's in my family
#2852 03/06/02 02:01 PM
L
Lee Offline
L
Damn! I looked at this thing at 10:30 last night and it was no where near this long!

FerkTec- Why can't you be a respectable Troll and own at least a Honda or a Toyota? I mean come on a Nissan. I'd be ashamed to show my face in public. :p

Oh and where can I find more information on the SS Edition 300Z?

Lee Cox
In life begins responsability...
Project Car
#2853 03/06/02 02:10 PM
C
Corey Offline OP
OP Offline
C
look at what i have started eek

www.shox.com Dealer
Koni's 135 a piece
Eibach's 190 a set
KYB's 70 a piece
H+R's 225 a set

see profile for website, aol name, etc
Business:WestEndMobil@yahoo.com
Personal:Corey_pimp1@yahoo.com
1998.5 SCSVT ($16000 takes it)
2001 GSXR-1000
1988 Corsica (the beater)
#2854 03/06/02 02:12 PM
F
F
Quote:
Originally posted by Corey:
No shiz... stirring up the trolls like that.. shame on you

Chris Hinds
AIM:CJ111010
1998 Contour GL Duratec 5-Spd
#565/????
15.610 @ 89.62mph
And I payed for it all myself
#2855 03/06/02 02:37 PM
G
G
Quote:
friggin corey!! :p

#2856 03/06/02 02:42 PM
E
E
Quote:
Originally posted by Alky Jr.:
Quote:
[b]look at what i have started eek
friggin corey!! :p [/b]
Friggin Corey

Friggin Hugo,Uh...I mean ..uh..ALky Jr.

laugh

**HELP SAVE CEG!!! DONATE NOW!!!**

*This space for rent*
Please call...
1-800-FOR-ELKY

All proceeds go towards saving CEG
#2857 03/06/02 02:55 PM
G
G
Quote:
Originally posted by rmcd79:
Going out and racing someone heads up is fine because you both have the same conditions to work with, but the way your comment came off it sounded like you thought conditions didn't matter when comparing a time from Denver and a time from sealevel.
Yes, but this is the problem. Apples are being compared to oranges here. Fergus (or Ferktek?) was commenting on different cars at different tracks. The times are not comparable without some type of correction which is not possible to obtain. It could be guessed at, but unless someone (and what a job that would be!) went out and tested every car manufactured at different tracks and different temperatures, you wouldn't know what the correction factor would be. Not all cars react the same way to environmental changes so an individual correction would have to be made for each car.

To make things a little easier to understand:

Car A is raced at Track 1 and gains an ET of 14.7
Cab B is raced at Track 2 and gets an ET of 15.8

Well, if there is a difference of 1000' ASL between the two tracks or a 10 degree difference in temperatures then the times are just not comparable. Car B might well run a 14.2 at Track 1. You would not know unless you drove to that other track.

Both cars have to be raced at the same track in order to compare their times. If you watch NHRA they don't say, "well Jimmy ran x.xx last week so he wins today!!" (BTW I don't watch NHRA - I like corners, in both directions).

There is one other factor the FL guys have missed. Super charging and turbo charging actually come from aircraft. It is a method of increasing manifold pressure to obtain engine operating conditions which simulate sea level. This is done to increase performance at the service ceiling, or to increase that ceiling.

You cannot compare a turbo-charged engine at sea level to a normally aspirated engine at >1000' ASL. It might be possible (again, each car would need to be identical) to assume (and I use "assume" very lightly) that a supercharger Contour racing in Denver would get approximately the same numbers as an NA Contour at sea level. This of course would largely depend on removing other factors such as track condition and temperature, and assume that stock, both engines produced exactly the same horsepower at the same location.

#2858 03/06/02 02:59 PM
R
Administrator
Administrator
R
geez, this is ridiculous.

The whole "bashing" of this guys turbo 'tour was not as people are implying.
Everyone gave props to the guy for having done it, but he was getting "bashed" on the details.
He went through an awful lot of work to completely miss some of the important details, and as we all know "the devil is in the details"
Like a turbo that is sized improperly for the setup; without running 20+psi that turbo is too large for the airflow demands of the Duratec, and the duratec (and mtx75) cannot handle the power output at anywhere near 20+psi without substantial beefing up of the shortblock and driveline, so the turbo is the wrong size. The details in the welding etc. look poor, as does the fact that the power dist. box is sitting right next to the turbine housing, as well as other details we cannot see. No one is is upset that this guy has done a turbo contour, just disappointed that it wasn't done nearly as well as it could have been.

and ferktec and fergustsi, you guys are welcome to be here as trolls or whatever you wanna call yourself, as long as you behave like adults, and follow the forum guidelines from now on, otherwise, I will ban you.

and fwiw, yes I was sleeping laugh

It's all about balance.

bcphillips@peoplepc.com
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard