Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
And it seems as though it'll be a competitive car! No surprise to you guys, but I was pleased. I got 2nd place out of 8 guys in the class. My time was 33.155 and the winning time was 33.107. I'm pretty rusty so I was happy at how well the car made up for my mistakes. My best run was a 31.7 but I flung a cone into orbit in the process, and my last run was on-track for a high 31 but I caught a corner worker out of the corner of my eye talking on his radio and convinced myself that I'd DNF'd somewhere, so I creeped through the rest of the course for a 35.5. As it turns out, I hadn't DNF'd. Need to work on that tunnel-vision, like I said; I'm rusty! Oh well. It was a well-attended SCCA event with a lot of good drivers (to my dismay!)Cars in my class were a Cougar, a Prelude SH (driven very well), 2 GTI VR6's on Kuhmo's (these cars are generally EXTREMELY competitive but must have had some newbie drivers), a couple of Integras and the guy who beat me. He was in a Hyundai Tiburon (the cool new one) on Azenis'. I was disappointed to get beaten by a Tiburon, but after speaking to him he said he'd have been pissed to get beaten by a Ford! Haha. I set my fast time (by 1.2 seconds!)on my second run so everybody was chasing me all day. I drove more and more sloppy as the day progressed, recording even faster times but munching the occasional cone. He clicked on a very clean run on his 5th attempt and nicked me. Ahhh, well. Not bad for the first time out in the car. All I intended to do was dial-in the car and I ended up "accidentally" doing alright while getting a GREAT early-spring sunburn! Fun fun fun!

Black/Beige '99 SVT Build #482. Shaved emblems & door dingers
S
S
Congrats, the new Tiburon is no slouch as it finished behind the Neon ACR, SVT Focus, Sentra SE-R Spec V, Mazda MP3, and GTI 1.8 turbo, and Civic Si on a recent autocross test in Grassroots Motorsports magazine...but it had a fairly respectable time given the car's size. Are you on stock KDW? Good job on 2nd of 8 cars. I think the Prelude SH is in D Stock now???

Fastest Contour at SZ 2002 Auto-X. 10th in PAX out of 125. CEO of FOGEY(Fast Old Guys Emasculating Young-uns), Inc. Terry Haines, Chairman, Senior V.P.s: (alphabetical)JavaContour, Jet Mech, MFE, SeicoRacing, SVTSTS, Vern Kilburn. If your not a member, yet, wait a few years. I'm not just the CEO, but I'm a member, too. Working with the rank and file to get the job done right!

Historical:
63 TVR (1K in 74), 75 TR-7 (paid cash new), 79 RX-7 (zoom,zoom), 81 RX-7GSL (autobahn-driven),82 Mustang GT (autobahn-driven), 85 Mustang GT (SE Division F Stock Solo II Champ), 86 MR-2 (3rd SE Division D Stock), 88 Civic DX (had 1st born and still owned MR2) 92 Sentra SE-R (all go and no show), 98 EO SVT Contour (FTD SZ 2002). 02 Altima 3.5SE 5 spd!!!

Moderated by  Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard