Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
SVTCole Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I am setting up the courses. We will make 4 runs on one course, then make a minor course change that results in running half the course 3 more runs in the opposite direction. Both courses should see 3rd gear with longish straights. Mostly left-hand turns.

5 miles south of Ozark, AL off 4-lane Highway 231. Turn east at Dale County Hwy 18 (stoplight)and go 1/3 mile to Hunt Stagefield on the right.
Start around 12:30 CST. Projected weather, sunny and 68 degrees.

Fastest Contour at SZ 2002 Auto-X. 10th in PAX out of 125. CEO of FOGEY(Fast Old Guys Emasculating Young-uns), Inc. Terry Haines, Chairman, Senior V.P.s: (alphabetical)JavaContour, Jet Mech, MFE, SeicoRacing, SVTSTS, Vern Kilburn. If your not a member, yet, wait a few years. I'm not just the CEO, but I'm a member, too. Working with the rank and file to get the job done right!

Historical:
63 TVR (1K in 74), 75 TR-7 (paid cash new), 79 RX-7 (zoom,zoom), 81 RX-7GSL (autobahn-driven),82 Mustang GT (autobahn-driven), 85 Mustang GT (SE Division F Stock Solo II Champ), 86 MR-2 (3rd SE Division D Stock), 88 Civic DX (had 1st born and still owned MR2) 92 Sentra SE-R (all go and no show), 98 EO SVT Contour (FTD SZ 2002). 02 Altima 3.5SE 5 spd!!!
B
B
Man I thought I was going to be the only one with the "inside info!"

Matthew W. Campbell-- bigMoney Racing
--1999 SVT #220 "NT4UA" /O.Z. Crono Evo\'s/ /Rear Deck Sub/ --1972 Chevrolet C/10 Custom Deluxe--1980 Camaro in fewer pieces--
"If I had invested...in IBM or something like that, I would certainly have been wealthy within a decade. Instead, I bought a Porsche...and got a life" Leon Mandel
S
SVTCole Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Matt is speaking of e-mail in which I confessed my strategy for trying to beat down the CRXs and Cobra. Fast courses to hopefully outpower the CRXs and slaloms to disrupt the otherwise speedy and well-driven (former shifter cart driver) Cobra. Left hand turns to keep engines intact. I neglected to tell Matt the two course strategy is directed against HIM! Not sure I can do anything about the A6 twin turbo and his race tires...but he ain't stock or in my class! wink

Fastest Contour at SZ 2002 Auto-X. 10th in PAX out of 125. CEO of FOGEY(Fast Old Guys Emasculating Young-uns), Inc. Terry Haines, Chairman, Senior V.P.s: (alphabetical)JavaContour, Jet Mech, MFE, SeicoRacing, SVTSTS, Vern Kilburn. If your not a member, yet, wait a few years. I'm not just the CEO, but I'm a member, too. Working with the rank and file to get the job done right!

Historical:
63 TVR (1K in 74), 75 TR-7 (paid cash new), 79 RX-7 (zoom,zoom), 81 RX-7GSL (autobahn-driven),82 Mustang GT (autobahn-driven), 85 Mustang GT (SE Division F Stock Solo II Champ), 86 MR-2 (3rd SE Division D Stock), 88 Civic DX (had 1st born and still owned MR2) 92 Sentra SE-R (all go and no show), 98 EO SVT Contour (FTD SZ 2002). 02 Altima 3.5SE 5 spd!!!

Moderated by  Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard