Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
S
Not the Victoracers, the Ecsta Supra 712s have a 280 wear rating and are great for the street or autocross. Look at prices in Tire Rack...a performance tire bargain. I have 205/55 on my car now and they are great so I can only imagine how a fatter size would be.

Fastest Contour at SZ 2002 Auto-X. 10th in PAX out of 125. CEO of FOGEY(Fast Old Guys Emasculating Young-uns), Inc. Terry Haines, Chairman, Senior V.P.s: (alphabetical)JavaContour, Jet Mech, MFE, SeicoRacing, SVTSTS, Vern Kilburn. If your not a member, yet, wait a few years. I'm not just the CEO, but I'm a member, too. Working with the rank and file to get the job done right!

Historical:
63 TVR (1K in 74), 75 TR-7 (paid cash new), 79 RX-7 (zoom,zoom), 81 RX-7GSL (autobahn-driven),82 Mustang GT (autobahn-driven), 85 Mustang GT (SE Division F Stock Solo II Champ), 86 MR-2 (3rd SE Division D Stock), 88 Civic DX (had 1st born and still owned MR2) 92 Sentra SE-R (all go and no show), 98 EO SVT Contour (FTD SZ 2002). 02 Altima 3.5SE 5 spd!!!
P
Master P
Master P
P
Quote:
Originally posted by WorldTour:
My justification is simple. I do not want people feeling they have to go out and spend money on race tires to be able to be competitive.

Ok Mark. Fair enough.

But do you want people feeling that they have to go out and spend money on a supercharger and water injection system (or insert other big dollar mod here) to be able to be competitive in the speed contests?

W
W
Perry, The Ultimate Contour Competition is something completly outside of the Spring Zing Cup. And that is something specifically for the people with the high dollar insane modifications.

-Mark

You can do something for Love...
You can do something for Money...
But there is nothing quite so satisfying as doing something out of Spite.
GTExtreme1@aol.com
W
W
Quote:
Originally posted by Daveandrews:
So make a seperate class. Those of us who do this regularly shouldn't be racing against those who don't anyway. Because of that competitive advantage.

So essentially what you are asking for is a "Pro" class?
-Mark

GTExtreme1@aol.com
D
OP Offline
D
Sure why not..

that would be the class where those of us who spend the year AutoX get to compete against each other. I know I and probably many others here are just dying to take each other on.

why not just run the SCCA classes and be done with it? Include the Novice class and you'll be fairly sure that we're all even and it's rules we understand.

Dave Andrews
Black&Tan 2000 SVT 225 of 2150
Bassani.. UNCORKED
davelandrews@comcast.net
"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know." -Montaigne
W
W
I can live with having a Pro Class. One thing though. If there aren't enough people signed up for that class it disappears. So that would give you the choice of runnign in the regular SCCA classes or putting the street tires back on to run in the SZ Cup.
Sound fair enough?
-Mark

GTExtreme1@aol.com
T
T
I am fine with that. Sounds great, in fact.

The Mark
#464 of 6535
A Few GS-ish mods
X
X
Sounds good... I like the idea of Pro circuit... That way I won't have to go up against TheMark... laugh

I don't autocross often enough, but I should...

"I sense much beer in you....
Beer leads to intoxication, intoxication leads to hang over, hang over leads to suffering....., suffering leads to the dark side." -Chineseman 3:16

Steve Chang
99 Silver SVT #196 "ExtrudeHone"
Sponsored by Street-Concepts
174.2 fwhp @ 150.7 ft/lbs (218 hp @ crank) - Pre-Headers
SVT/SHO Society Vice President
XChang Designs
D
OP Offline
D
I know that I don't qualify as a "pro" driver for SCCA, but I do drive enough events that compared to someone who's never done it.. or has maybe done it a couple of times. I should be much better than them. Looking forward to seeing you there..THEMARK

Dave Andrews
Black&Tan 2000 SVT 225 of 2150
Bassani.. UNCORKED
davelandrews@comcast.net
"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know." -Montaigne
S
S
So does that mean the guys who normally run STS can go buy race rubber and compete against the stock guys in the "Pro" class? wink See what I mean. You are opening up a can of worms.

Fastest Contour at SZ 2002 Auto-X. 10th in PAX out of 125. CEO of FOGEY(Fast Old Guys Emasculating Young-uns), Inc. Terry Haines, Chairman, Senior V.P.s: (alphabetical)JavaContour, Jet Mech, MFE, SeicoRacing, SVTSTS, Vern Kilburn. If your not a member, yet, wait a few years. I'm not just the CEO, but I'm a member, too. Working with the rank and file to get the job done right!

Historical:
63 TVR (1K in 74), 75 TR-7 (paid cash new), 79 RX-7 (zoom,zoom), 81 RX-7GSL (autobahn-driven),82 Mustang GT (autobahn-driven), 85 Mustang GT (SE Division F Stock Solo II Champ), 86 MR-2 (3rd SE Division D Stock), 88 Civic DX (had 1st born and still owned MR2) 92 Sentra SE-R (all go and no show), 98 EO SVT Contour (FTD SZ 2002). 02 Altima 3.5SE 5 spd!!!
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard