Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#269255 11/03/00 03:31 PM
V
OP Offline
V
David,

Good luck on your quest on Sunday! Be careful in the rain both going to and running in the race. Looks like you'll
have a cool day and a chance of rain. Sounds like a autocross raceday to me!! Remember the advise that you got offered the last two weeks . Sort of slow into the turns fly out! Try the left foot braking we have been talking about if you are comfortable ( second race no bad habits yet!) and just enjoy yourself !! That is why we are doing this!
You are doing it right! Just get seat-time! and as much as you can!!

take care and let me know how much fun you had!!

Vern

#269256 11/04/00 05:06 PM
D
D
Vern

I am already out in Lubbock. Made it here in about 5 hours. The weather was bad coming out, lots of fog on I20, so it was slow going. Once I was on I84, the road was mostly dry, and everyone else was passing me, and I had the cruise set on 80. I stayed with them for a while, but I have probems with doing 100 mph for long periods (read, I am paranoid of high insurance costs.) I hate to say this, but my '00 Contour SVT is a bore to drive on the interstate. The car is so smooth and well mannered, I could let go of the wheel at 105 and she just tracked straight. And even at 100, it just seems like you are barely moving. I am starting to understand why so many of the rice rockets drive so fast on the interstate, this coming from a guy that has driven pickups for the last 15 years, and a 3/4 ton diesel for the last 2. I will say, that at 100 mph, you shut off the radio and listen to that beautiful engine singing a 4000, it is a sweet sound to behold.

We went out to the old Reese AFB (where the event is going to be held), and what a huge friggin piece of concrete. It looks like an excellent venue. I am dragging some friends of mine (who currently attend Texas Tech) out to the event to hopefully show the younger generation how much they really dont know about driving their cars. It will be fun!

It will be fun!

------------------
David Mimlitch
davidm@hpnc.com

'00 'Tour SVT T-Red
'99 F250 SuperDuty Powerstroke Diesel 15.1 second 1/4 mile time

David Mimlitch
davidm@hpnc.com

'00 'Tour SVT T-Red 16.3 1/4 mile
'99 F250 SuperDuty Powerstroke Diesel 15.1 1/4 mile
#269257 12/05/01 08:57 AM
S
S
If only I had known you guys were going to over here I would have attended. I even go to school at Reese, lol. Drop me a line when u come back to lubbock.

HUNTER
2000 Contour SVT -Green
#851 of 2150

DRL Mod
35% tint
Auto-dimming mirror (temp,cmp)
#269258 12/05/01 11:41 PM
S
S
Hey, I know it's off subject, but you live in Lubbock? Send me a PM. I would like to get to know a few more SVT owners around here.

Mushu's pretty cool too!

98 Black/Blue SVT
#3829 of 6535
#269259 12/16/01 12:45 AM
V
V
Hey guy! Sorry for delay but you know how
work is. David has moved to F Mod in a nice super Vee and I am running my SE in STS class
here in Dallas/fortworth region. Glad to here that the tours are alive and doing well
in Lubbock. I be running is either STS or GS
class next year and will run with ER and SCCA
along with the Divisionals and the National
tour which is in Houston this year. I am sad that DFW lost the tour but Houston puts on a GREAT show and if you can only make one out of town race this is the one to go to! They will run at the Greyhound track south of Houston and have great partys at the track.
So how is racing in Lubbock?
take care and have a great holiday.
Vern

Moderated by  Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard