Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 29 of 31 1 2 27 28 29 30 31
K
K
Yes, thanks Perry. It's so refreshing to see this place which has always been run with integrity and selflessness.

Kerry

99 SVT Contour Silver Frost, #365/2760
91 Isuzu Impulse XS Kammback, Handling By Lotus
Victoria, BC, Canada
T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by SVT ST PETE:
And I agree that a list of contributors should be posted for recognition.
I agree also, however, I feel that contribution amounts for each person who donated should be left off. This way, nobody feels inferior for not donating a large(er) sum. I'll be sending $20 when paypal finally chews the money from my checking account - but I'd hate to see anyone hurt because someone says "I donated more than you".

Group effort, guys - and you're all doing a wonderful job.

R
R
Quote:
Originally posted by TheCiscoGuy:
I agree also, however, I feel that contribution amounts for each person who donated should be left off. This way, nobody feels inferior for not donating a large(er) sum. I'll be sending $20 when paypal finally chews the money from my checking account - but I'd hate to see anyone hurt because someone says "I donated more than you".

I agree w/ this as well smile

~!Rach!~
2002 emerald green Protege ES
dont hate b/c im a troll Im a 'tour girl at heart!!
O
Administrator
Administrator
O
Quote:
Originally posted by Rachel:
Quote:
Originally posted by TheCiscoGuy:
[b]I agree also, however, I feel that contribution amounts for each person who donated should be left off. This way, nobody feels inferior for not donating a large(er) sum. I'll be sending $20 when paypal finally chews the money from my checking account - but I'd hate to see anyone hurt because someone says "I donated more than you".

I agree w/ this as well smile [/b]
As I posted a couple times back on page 10:

Quote:
Originally posted by Outback Gal:
Quote:
Originally posted by SVT ST PETE:
[b]
And I agree that a list of contributors should be posted for recognition.

And also agree that the remaning money should be put at least into a savings account until it is needed.
Any money we receive above and beyond what we need this year will be put in some kind of interest earning account towards the next years cost.

Like Perry stated, this topic has served as good recognition and we are not going to post a separate list of those who donated. We don't want to create an atmosphere of superiority based on giving. People have given out of the generosity of their hearts. Some people were able to give more, some less and some not at all. All that matters is that everyone came together to keep this site alive. We don't want to alienate those who were unable to give at this time, and unfortunately there are those in that situation because of the economy. Yes, there have been several unemployed members who dug down deep and managed to contribute which was definitely touching and a tribute to this site, but not everyone was in that position.

We want to extend our utmost thanks to every one who was/is able to give. Know that you are truly appreciated.

=) Christy[/b]

01 Outback Limited Wagon with all the goodies
I also get to drive my hubby's 95 SE!!!
T
T
Perhaps the 3 largest contributors should be listed?

Dan Parmelee
1999 Acura Integra SiR-G coupe
"I heard Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms"
"Word, bitch! Phantoms like a muhfuka"
S
S
I was shocked at the prospect of losing CEG!! I was away from work (where my computer is) for 2 weeks while my little neice was visiting and was not aware of events unfolding, but I'm back today and have made a donation. Even if I trade in my Tour I would hate for the site to go away its too much fun. CEG FOREVER!!!!! Hang in there LANCE..

96 GL ZETEC MTX
00 MAZDA MILLENIA S
Rogers Dead Pedal
Blaupunkdt Houston
A
APT Offline
A
Quote:
Originally posted by TheGSRGuy:
Perhaps the 3 largest contributors should be listed?
Why? If the contributers want to say how much they donated, they will. Everyone that donated deserves a thank you regardless of how much they were able to give at this time.

M
M
We all came to the rescue of this awesome place. So please don't ruin it by attempting to make anyone of us better than the next person, simply b/c we contributed and they did not... WE DON'T NEED THIS!

I am sure that all those that could, chipped in according to their abilities. All this talk of making a public list is getting off the main issue, and that was our ability to stick together and save our favorite place... Please don't sidestep this!

-Milan wink

E1 SVT SilverFrost - "QUICKSILVER"

See The Beast Here --> www.quicksilver.50megs.com
"Perhaps the 3 largest contributors should be listed?"

Simple answer "NO!", this isn't a political fundraiser.

I am having problems with PayPal and can't get a contribution. I am sure there are others, too. As soon as I can I will give something.

2000 SE fleet, V6, ATX, ABS, no spoiler, T-Green/tan. Built 01/2000 in MO.
Added 12 spoke factory SE rims, K&N. Biggest mod: ESP Plan!
R
R
Hi Guys,

I was not aware until just now as to what was going on with the new server and hosting. This web site has saved me hundreds of dollars and I have gleaned extremely valuable information time after time.

Do you still need financial support? I can't give much but if you still need some bling I can make a donation via Pay Pal.
Sincerely,
Rob

95 Contour LX
Approximately 120,000miles
2.5 MTX
Red
Page 29 of 31 1 2 27 28 29 30 31

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard