Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 26 1 2 23 24 25 26
G
G
like alot of otthers im sure this site helped influence me to buy my car....i had in mind a tour along with a few other cars and stumbled across this site and the rest is history

i agree that the site has deteriorated over the last several months and for any part i may have played in that i appologize....for the most part i stayed out of the drama but posted often in the off topic section (sorry didn't have enough car problems to stay more relative to the site)...some things i posted just to blow off steam and again i appologize

when i had problems or questions with my car someone was always able to step up with if not completely the right advice at least the right suggestions that helped to diagnose any problem

i still cant pull an engine but i feel that i've learned alot from all the members real world issues and resolutions and learned more about the contour than i ever would have otherwise

and the expertise on this site makes others come to it for general info....for that i thank terry and chris brad...all the 3.0 conversions guys...i had no idea the car was upgradeable in this way til i came here...i cant name all the people here that i have learned from but i'll just say thanks to u all

socal guys....we can still meet up on sites like duratecperformance.com and thru hangouts around the way

finally to lance.....all i can say is thanks man....this site helped me more or less find my car and was there when sept 11 wrecked me and scared the hell out of me....and was there when my tranny went out giving me advice on what to look for when getting my car back from the dealer....im sorry this site has become too much for u to the point that you are taking it down

you personally have offered me top notch advice that has dead on correct and for that i also thank u

if its something doable for you i would love to see the site come back even if under new ownership i just hope that u would still be part of it in some way

u've offered a service to a group of 'forgotten car' owners that has been immeasurable

enjoy your break man, u've earned it....im gonna go get drunk now so i'll have an excuse for why im crying frown

95 contour se...dark blue...monsterflow air filter...remanuf atx...wiring harness recall or bust!!!96k miles...motorcraft awsf32pp plugs & red ford racing 9mm wires...kvr black plated cross-drilled rotors & carbon fiber pads...currently undergoing renovation...excuse our dust!!!
are my dodgers for real????
D
D
Well throw my name in the hat that feels extremely sad that it has come to this. Thanks to all for the advice on going halfway across the country to buy an SVT. It was scary, but all of you who responded with good wishes to me, I thank you.
There will be a big void in everyone's life for a while. I guess we will carry on and do the best we can. Isn't it funny how these types of forums, this means of communication that has woven it's way into our daily routine? What will the scientists of future generations say of how there were these 8000 people that mostly never met. How everyone looked forward to reading comments about cars, their wives, husbands, families everyday. ANd then somehow something happened. People started bickering, immature statements started creeping in people's replies. How people were hurt by snyde remarks, again from people who mostly-never met.
Very sad. frown

98 SE Duratec/MTX Plain Jane (for now)
98SVT #231/6535 Stock
www.pbase.com/ddehoyos/svt
M
M
To repeat what I said on pages 4 & 5: THIS PLACE IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE! SO PLEASE TRY TO REMAIN POSITIVE!! Someone will take it over, if not me. There is no need to think the world is over.

All we need are the following:

1) Lance's approval of a takeover
2) A T-1 line
3) A few able and willing people to manage the site
4) Your support

Of these four, only the first one can be a problem. If Lance isn't willing to let the site out of his hands, then we would have to find other alternatives.

So stay tuned, give us your email and other info in my thread in the General forum (here) and stay hopefull!

E1 SVT SilverFrost - "QUICKSILVER"

See The Beast Here --> www.quicksilver.50megs.com
M
M
ALL RIGHT THERE IS HOPE!!! GO TO THE HOW TO SAVE THIS SITE THREAD AND DONATE MONEY!!! PUT YOUR MONEY TO ACTION!!!

E1 SVT SilverFrost - "QUICKSILVER"

See The Beast Here --> www.quicksilver.50megs.com
C
C
Thanks Lance! It has been great!

Steve
2002 Mazda Protege5

Former owner of a 98' T-Red SVT
B
B
DARN and I just found the place ! And I'm not even a Forums kinda person, just someone else with questions and looking for help and answers....oh well at least I found the important ones for this month right here -- thanks to all!

I understand your point all too well, tho since I also spend my days discussing gig usage etc and what to do about it all.

I will miss this and wish you all the best of luck
with whatever endeavors you follow from here - at my company they refer to departures as "leaving to pursue other career opportunities" - May your
opportunities overflow! smile

J
J
I'm just curious....Seems that one of the main reasons Lance was considering shutting down the site was more of a content issue.

Now all of a sudden its a money issue.

Just curious what happened to what you originally said about the site being reduced to squabbling and OT discussion.

I love this site and I don't want to see it go but at the same time I agree with what Lance said to begin with....You planning to keep the forums running even if you raise the money. (Wish I could help, broke right now frown )

Anyways Later

Justin
1998 Black SVT
jcboeckl@unity.ncsu.edu
C
C
Thank you for his site lance. it has been extremely helpful snce i have got my baby. thanks everyone for the help.

Peace Out

1996 Contour LX
ATX V6
Ford 9mm blue wires--Bosch platnum +2 plugs-kkm intake--SVT throttle body--Superchip(on the way)--20% tint--side markerlights--Badgeless

Kenwood Cd Deck--MTX mono amp--MTX 15" Thunder 8000(soon)
Y
Y
What a way to ruin my vacation !!!!! These past 4+ years have been great !! Thanks to ALL involved & to all of my fellow CEGers . I hope this site will survive this setback , or else I might as well sell my computer , because that's the main reason I log on at all wink !

I will donate as soon as I'm back from vacation and on my home computer (where my PAYPAL info is) .

GOD BLESS THE CEG !!!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Allen

********** Love Those REDWINGS !!! **********

2000 Contour SVT Black w/ Tan #2137 of 2150 / built 2-4-00
Mods : ~ Factory DRL mod ~ "Powered by Ford" seatbelt covers
~ OF's TH fix ~ Audi A-6 Side Repeaters ~ Highs in Lows Mod
~ #885 foggies ~ KKM filter ~ Mondeo ST200 Badging & Shiftknob
~ Pre-98 Sails ~ Nose Bra ~ Trunk cargo net ~ '98 Clock
~ "Glasspacked" Resonator ~ Painted Rear Reflector
~ Räzo Pedals ~ Custom "Mondeo" Windscreen Banner ~ Ventvisors
~ Lighted Moonroof Switch ~ Mystique Rear Seat Light
~ Painted Grille Ring ~ H&R Springs & Mondeo ST200 Struts
~ Mille Miglia "Cello" Wheels

My old 95 \'Tour SE ~ New SVT pics here
F
F
to tell you the truth though this site has gone to ****, most of the people are complete morons, its childish to continue these silly scwables, so for those of you who were cool i`ll miss you, but for the degenarates go find some import site to hang out at........ besides a good majority of ya are`nt at the track anyway, i have contacted you to tell you how much i liked the site and what a good job you`ve done, but its your ballpark bud, and i guess you choose who gets to play regardless, personally i think someone needs to take a nap and stop crying, the world is full of **** you just have to weed it out

Page 25 of 26 1 2 23 24 25 26

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard