Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
gdub520 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
and that is....when cold stop early....once nice and hot they are very good....

i've been reserving judgment during the week on the brakes...didn't seem to stop very well ...stink like hell....kinda loud when cold...and the pedal is a bit mushy compared to the old pads...actually followed the 'break in' procedure provided with the parts but still these brakes took much longer to seat themselves than other brakes i've used

well i've slowly broken then in but today i had to make my usual 100 mile drive to see mommy...at midday saturday on memorial weekend eek

if these pads weren't broken in they are now...stopped very well eventhough im not used to the feel yet...so well in fact that i've realized (already knew) that i really need better tires on the front...

still suck when cold i found out tonight but great during the rush hour holiday commute...put a total of 280-300 miles on today and the brakes were flawless!!!!

laugh my front tires are dogmeat tho laugh

95 contour se...dark blue...monsterflow air filter...remanuf atx...wiring harness recall or bust!!!96k miles...motorcraft awsf32pp plugs & red ford racing 9mm wires...kvr black plated cross-drilled rotors & carbon fiber pads...currently undergoing renovation...excuse our dust!!!
are my dodgers for real????
M
M
Are you still getting lots of dust? I threw mine on and am getting a lot of dust. I hope its just during break in because I was really looking forward to getting rid of all that ford dust. These seem just as bad. Tell me it goes away. smile

00 Black SVT #1545
Ground Control. Koni. 18" Konig Tantrum. More.
G
gdub520 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
i may be getting alot of dust right now but to be honest i was lazy when i washed the car a few days ago...i didn't clean the wheels....

did u get the cadmium plating???? mine are black and that may be why u see more dust if thats the case...or just because they were still being broken in...mine did seem to make some dirt at least but i'll have to clean the wheels and then check from there

now the brakes work really well smile

95 contour se...dark blue...monsterflow air filter...remanuf atx...wiring harness recall or bust!!!96k miles...motorcraft awsf32pp plugs & red ford racing 9mm wires...kvr black plated cross-drilled rotors & carbon fiber pads...currently undergoing renovation...excuse our dust!!!
are my dodgers for real????
M
M
My brakes are exzactly how you described in the first part of your post, ive only been running them a couple days but the pedal is starting to feel better. The dust is definatly comming from the pads because I havnt installed the rear rotors yet (defective) and I have a lot of dust back there. They are cad plated.Hopefully the dust just clears up, I think its just break in because it comes off very easy, unlike the crappy ford dust.

00 Black SVT #1545
B
B
Quote:
... unlike the crappy ford dust.
So you wish ford could make better dust? laugh :p

I'd suggest mintex pads next time.. no worries about stopping when cold.

T-Red SVT E0 #2321 of 6535
C
C
I have noticed very little dust from the kvr brakes. I also notice some peddle effort when cold, but they work well otherwise. Had to avoid a groundhog last week and they worked great!

Tropic Green '00 SVT
#665 of 2150
L
L
During the break in period you still get dust but it does go away after a little while. I have had mine a year now and I still like them. They still stop great. Also as for the breaking in procedure. We found a different procedure from a different company and followed it instead. It took probably a few weeks of various types of driving, stoping hard, then harder then really hard etc. Doing that a certain number of times. I think that it made a hugh difference in the breaking of the pads and rotors. I think you really need longer than a week to do it properly. I dont remember the exact sequence of stuff.

1998 BLK SVT CONTOUR
SVTOA-TORONTO
Assistant Chapter Director
www.svtoa-toronto.ca
M
M
I have no problems with the pedal when its cold. Doesnt feel any different.

Quote:
Originally posted by bcandiloro:
[QUOTE] So you wish ford could make better dust? laugh :p
No I wish Ford would make no dust. wink My friends Acura Integra creates NO dust. Hes been riding on the original pads since 98 and hes still got half left.

00 Black SVT #1545

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard