Next Thread
Print Thread
#247679 09/30/00 07:32 PM
B
brent Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Whats up,
I need to replace my rotors, and was looking at the Brembo cross drilles ones on spmotorsports, they are 87.50, compared to some standard OEM that are like 50-60, wouldnt it be a better investment to just get the Brembos?? Thanks
Brent

Black 99 SVT
Ground Control Coilovers
19" KMC Tensions (Gunmetal)

Silver 98 SVT
Ground Control Coilovers
19" KMC Suicides (Flat Black)
J
J
IIRC, the Brembo's are rear-only. I've no idea what you would be getting up front, and since that is where 70-80% of your breaking stress takes place, I'd definitely find out what rotor they are using there.

Brembo's have always had a good reputation, so you're batting .500 there. Much better, in my opinion, than the stock rotors. This is especially true if you are wanting to go with a high carbon-metallic content pad. Stock rotors more than likely won't be able to take the heat that those type of pads generate under hard breaking conditions (the Brembo's, yes, due to better seasoning and cross-drilling, which helps control rotor temperature better). So, definitely the next step is pads. Pop a question to the folks that are running one of the two available Mintex compounds, or talk to the folks at BAT. Crapy rotors, great pads, and you'll warp. Crappy pads, and great rotors, and, you'll warp. Go for the best (or the best your pocketbook can handle) of both worlds.

------------------
James Tompkins
Tulsa, OK
loken@ionet.net

99 Red Rocket SVT
#143/2760
Modded to Taste...

00 Corvette Coupe (loan)
Modded for Haste...

JaTo
Overland Park, KS
JaTo@kc.rr.com