Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
bacoSVT Offline OP
OP Offline
B
hey! sorry i couldn't stick around on sunday to meet you. my dad and i were at the event from 8:15 to 2, so we were getting hungry by then. the autocross was very fun for us since we had never done anything like that before. and we were both very impressed at the X5's abilities. to tell you the truth, i was never interested in BMW (thought they were too "stuck up" looking). but after driving that X5, i think it's worth every penny of the $55,000 cost.

i'm interested to find out what you think.

i also test drove a 328i 5-speed and it was VERY nice. the only 3 series i had driven before was my friend's 318ti, and i thought it was too small. the 328 was refined, powerful, nimble, and comfortable. might be my next choice after the contour kicks the bucket. BMW or Audi....that's where my heart now lies. american cars just don't stand up to that level of quality.

------------------
'95 GL Zetec MTX >> KKM Intake >> AR 16x7 w/ Dunlop "SP Sport" (205.50.16) >> Some Interior Goodies >> "Cheapo" Foggies

Coming (very) soon:
98+ Sail Panels
Superchip

1998 E0 SVT #3128, T-Red

2001 Infiniti G20t
1974.5 MG B GT
B
B
Sorry I did not get back to you sooner as I have been in Ohio/Kentucky for business. The driving event was great. Last year I drove the 328's in the autocross and now the 55's.I was amazed at the wet weather handling and also that they market the rig as a primarily on road vehicle. Since most SUV or SAV in their case are asphalt 90% of the time it really makes sense. Last year I test drove the 750il and the M-coupe. The 750 was a ripper but a grandpa mobile and the m-coupe was an animal w/torque all over the place. I drove the 328/ let my girlfriend drive to learn to drive stick!!!! You are sooooo right the quality is amzing. Every detail is flawless. I really disliked BMW's before last year but the event really changed my mind...probably the result they were hoping for as the cars sell themselves. Keep in mind they are not bulletproof though. My roomate has a 323 (2000) and has been in the shop three times for various stuff. Also two BMW's broke down during the test drives although I have a feeling that beating the living **** out of them may have been a factor there. If you are ever interested I do autocross and if you want to come and watch one day that would be fine with me. Next event is 8/12 in the A.M. If not then I will see you on Sunday 8/20 at New England dragway. BOS SVT

1996 Buick Roadmonster-mods
1969 Firebird 400 convertible-stock
B
bacoSVT Offline OP
OP Offline
B
yes. i couldn't agree more. nothing is bulletproof (except maybe a hummer and the 7 series with bulletproof glass option), but you get what you pay for. if that means lowering the *possibility* of having major stuff go wrong, then i'm all for it.

and the X5 really surprised me also. the hill descent thing was WAY COOL. my dad couldn't get over that. and the skid pad test.

i think i'll hold out for the 330 xi (all wheel drive). it comes with the DSC thing and would be a good comparison with an Audio S4 or A6 2.7T we'll see.

as for the auto-x, i'm busy that weekend, but keep me posted. very interested in check ing that out.

peace,
brian

1998 E0 SVT #3128, T-Red

2001 Infiniti G20t
1974.5 MG B GT

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard