Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
!!ATTN: ALL DURATEC OWNERS!!

Looks like we should be overfilling our cars a little. Read this...

Oil Starvation Explained by testing from FORD/Rousch

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
Vibrant Blue - fully loaded
Thanks, I already read most of that.
I'm not sure what exactly to do, other than not revving the engine over 4 grand. I really don't like the idea of over filling with oil eek !
Greatly appreciated though!

97' 2.5L Contour SE -T-Red
Midas exhaust (grr...), Sony CD player, K&N airfilter, Mobil One Synthetic Oil, removed intake resonator, modified MAF, in-fender CAI, painted grill, Platinum tipped NGK's.

I am looking for SVT E0's or E1's, SVT Upper & Lower Intake, SVT Throttle Body, and SVT Exhaust. If you are selling, e-mail me!
Ford4eva@hotmail.com
A
A
Seems to me that we need to find the "sweet spot" to the oil fill quantity to avoid aeration. I routinely fill my SVT with 6 litres; I'm wondering if I should add a little more.

S
S
well, I'll just say that the oil starvation is an extremely rare occurrence that I think a lot of people are making a mountain out of a molehill about. I run 6 quarts in mine as cheap insurance, but if you think of the number of Duratecs out there, along with the number of engine problems, it's not statistically a problem. In fact, according to Consumer Report's surveys, the Duratec V6 is not a troublesome engine, hitting right about average.

That said, I'll have 107,000 miles (171,200 km)by the end of today with no issues.

You can pillage an enemy once, but a customer is an endless resource.

James Oerichbauer - PFPC Global Fund Services

Ross: 1998 E0 SVT Contour, Toreador Red, Konis, Superchip, KKM w/heat shield, SHO-shop y-pipe and rear strut brace, no res, ScotchCal, Moda Sport 16x7.5 wheels with 205/55ZR16 Dayton Dayton tires... more
E
E
i'd say there is a problem if u run it hard i blew a motor and personally know 3 others in the area that have also blown motor.constantly hitting redline is definately not good for these motors

97 gsxr lotsa good stuff 4 sale
95 talon tsi awd turbo loaded sold
95 se 2.5 mtx loaded (fragile handle with care)2 motors 3 trannies
custom y with hi flo cat,custom dynomax exhaust,upper cat mod
superchip,udp,bat\kkm,proflow maf,ford 9mm wires,svt throttle body,svt intake manifold ,custom kevlar clutch,16 pd. flywheel,svt motor mounts ,svt gauges,eibachs\h&r,omp strut brace,dark chrome 16" rials with 225/50 dunlops,cwazy amounts of audio
P
P
Quote:
Originally posted by el contouro:
i'd say there is a problem if u run it hard i blew a motor and personally know 3 others in the area that have also blown motor.constantly hitting redline is definately not good for these motors

Guys, just overfill your crankcase to be sure, I was at Mosport a few months ago, running about 6L of oil and staying between 5-7rpm for about 4 - 20 minute races. No problems.

Or if you really want to be sure take a look at the BAT oil accumilator

98 Black SVT *SOLD*
Now rollin' in a WRX

99 ZX-7R Ninja
-wanna hang?

Moderated by  Gerald_dup1, mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard