Print Thread
#206142 09/08/00 07:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm hopefully going to be joining the Minneapolis SVT gang pretty soon. I currently drive a 95 SHO (5 speed) that I'm planning on selling, and will hopefully be able to find a Silver Frost SVT (without moonroof) sometime soon after that.

I work in Plymouth, live in Prior Lake, and I've seen a silver frost SVT with blacked out (or carbon fiber?) sail panels a couple of times in the past week, driving south on 494. If it was anyone on here (I know, not likely), you would probably remember a bright red SHO with a driver that was staring at your car way too much. I don't see too many around here, and so I'm naturally checking them out whenever I see one on the road.

I'm friends with Mike Courtney and have been going to Courtney Truck for the past 4 or 5 years for SHO work. I remember seeing a silver SVT in a few months ago for the Quaife and several other things. (I have a Quaife in my SHO, too.)

Later --

Matt B.

[This message has been edited by Matt B (edited September 08, 2000).]

#206143 09/08/00 07:57 PM
C
CYS Offline
C
I don't know about the svt on 494, but the silver frost at Curtney Truck getting the work done was probably mine....and I am actually planning on selling my svt w/in a month or so (no problems - its been a fantastic car so far...I just made the mistake of test driving an S4). Let me know if you are intersted in a nicely modified svt, but it has the sunroof. There are a couple of guys on here who have svts and live in the Plymouth area, I bet you saw one of them. Good luck on your search!

#206144 09/08/00 08:20 PM
M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by CYS:
I don't know about the svt on 494, but the silver frost at Curtney Truck getting the work done was probably mine....and I am actually planning on selling my svt w/in a month or so (no problems - its been a fantastic car so far...I just made the mistake of test driving an S4). Let me know if you are intersted in a nicely modified svt, but it has the sunroof. There are a couple of guys on here who have svts and live in the Plymouth area, I bet you saw one of them. Good luck on your search!

First off, I have a '99 Black/Tan SVT and live in eastern Plymouth by Willow Creek theatres, I've seen a few assorted SVT's around there and near Chanhassen where I work.

I was wondering what your impressions were of the S4 (obviously it was better than SVT) and if you thought the additional $20K is worth it. I'm thinking probably in 1-2 years I may get a new car... I just kinda enjoy looking at them anyways.

Thanks,
-Matt.

#206145 09/08/00 09:14 PM
C
CYS Offline
C
It was incredible. It had effortless perfomance, loads of torque in any gear - even 6th on the freeway. Its a heavier car and it feels like it so it didn't feel as "nimble" as the svt, but it is a great handling car. The ride was softer than I expected - I shouldn't say soft... just not as harsh as I would have expected in such a performance car. The interior was beautiful period (I usually don't care about the interior unless it is awful, but I always notice the interior of my svt now...and I liked it better when I didn't notice). I have a hard time believing the HP ratings of the S4, either that or that is the healthiest 250 HP I have felt. I checked out the forum (audiworld)and saw that they have alot of manufacturers producing chips and other products. For less money than I spent modifying the svt, I could have spent that on modifying an S4 to 350 or more HP. Realizing that it comes in an all wheel drive was just the icing on the cake...especially living in MN. It felt about the same size wise inside - even the same tight back seats. If you can't tell, I really liked the car, good thing I still like the svt, otherwise it would have been traded in on the spot.

Link Copied to Clipboard