Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#206126 07/30/00 12:46 PM
C
CYS Offline OP
OP Offline
C
It seems as I am always posting questions...so I will post another. Does anyone know of a facility to get the car dyno'd and either a 1/8 or 1/4 mile track that has a test and tune night (or day). Just intersted in getting some times and numbers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by CYS:
It seems as I am always posting questions...so I will post another. Does anyone know of a facility to get the car dyno'd and either a 1/8 or 1/4 mile track that has a test and tune night (or day). Just intersted in getting some times and numbers.

The only chasis dyno I know of in the area is at S&S Performance. They charge $75 for two runs kinda spendy if you ask me. Its the same place I get my NOS from.

As far as the track goes the MAC (Minnesotas Autocross Club)holds thier events at Dakota County Tech. The closest 1/4 mile I know of is in Rock Falls Wisconson. I think they have a event coming up in September.

Maybe we should organize some sort of road trip for the Minnesota CEGer's.

C
CYS Offline OP
OP Offline
C
S&S perfomance, where is that located? Is the NOS for the svt? How far away is Rock Falls? Dang, I'm just full of questions this morning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
S&S perfomance, where is that located?
5141 Lakeland Ave N Crystal MN 55429

Is the NOS for the svt?
Yes

How far away is Rock Falls?
1 hours, 34 minutes for 102.39 miles. http://www.rockfallsraceway.com
check it out

Dang, I'm just full of questions this morning.
No worries I'm full of answers 8^.

C
CYS Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks(x3). What sort of times are you running with the NOS? Worhtwhile experience so far?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Thanks(x3). What sort of times are you running with the NOS? Worhtwhile experience so far?

For the answer to that question we'll both have to wait till around the 10 of Sept. I haven't been to the track to run it yet.

So far the only bad thing is the tank runs out eventually. When the thing is full though and you stab at the fun button...big grins baby.

Rick Evoniuk

C
CYS Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Nice pics in the repository....and I was thinking wow the background scenery could be from MN (and I guess it was). Did you paint or replace the grill.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Nice pics in the repository....and I was thinking wow the background scenery could be from MN (and I guess it was). Did you paint or replace the grill.

Hey, thanks for the kind words. Yup that background sure doesn?t look like So Cal huh.

I did the paint myself. I need to come up with something more durable for the mesh part in the chin area though. Road rubbish tends to chip away at it, but from a distance it looks pretty good. I used Duracoat white wheel paint. It has a thicker powder coat like texture to it.

Rick Evoniuk

C
CYS Offline OP
OP Offline
C
How long does a bottle typically last? I realize it probably depends on how hard your on it, but if you could give me a rough idea... did you paint your wheels or are they the white motorsports? (still full of questions)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
How long does a bottle typically last? I realize it probably depends on how hard your on it, but if you could give me a rough idea...

Average 55 shot at constant spray lasts 3 min, 2 min at 75. Its good for like 12-18 runs, something like that I think. I've had it a little over a month and filled it twice so far. I only squeeze it when I really feel the need. Its hard to maintain self control, but at 35 bucks a bottle I have to.

did you paint your wheels or are they the white motorsports? (still full of questions)

The wheels are powdercoated white 18x8 Motorsports.

Do you have any pics of your tour up anywhere?

Rick Evoniuk

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard