Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
I've been having problem with my old tranmission, the O/D light always been blinking everytime I drive the car, obviously the car doesn't want to move at all, so I purcahsed one from junkyard and replaced it myself. the current one on the car is little better, but now it make a alot metal grinding metal noise, it's coming from the flywheel and I"m not sure why, also the car sitll hestiate at 1k - 3k but after 4 k it's fine nothing wrong , let say driving on the high way 75 mph at 3.4k rpm is like a normal car, if I full throttle the car engine light will flash , and pulled a code 0302 . I reset the OBDII once in e while to see if the same code come back on again and it did. also it showed there's a problem with the split tq converter sensor problem code...... what is that????? i'm s

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
What year and how many miles? Hesitation below 3k rpm could be IMRC stuck on open. P0302 could be Cylinder 2 spark plugs, wires, coil or (injector 2 or 6).

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
R
OP Offline
R
the car is 1999 and it got 108k , I"m thinking the problem are coming from either the injector or the plug wire... I ahven't change the wire since I purchased the car brand new.. what's IMRC...sorry for my ignoreance , by the way I pulled out another code the other day it was 1477 or 1744 ...something related to the tq controller being stuck open? would that be the problem?

I changed the plug today...problem still the same

99 Contour
2.5L V6
108k miles

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by RB Vs. KA:
the car is 1999 and it got 108k , I"m thinking the problem are coming from either the injector or the plug wire... I ahven't change the wire since I purchased the car brand new.. what's IMRC...sorry for my ignoreance , by the way I pulled out another code the other day it was 1477 or 1744 ...something related to the tq controller being stuck open? would that be the problem?

I changed the plug today...problem still the same

99 Contour
2.5L V6
108k miles

P1744 Torque Converter Clutch System Stuck in Off Position.

This sounds like a tranny issue. Forget the Intake Manifold Runner Control (which opens the secondary butterflies above 3K RPM).

Last grasps at straws. Change the ATFluid 3X and change the Turbine Shaft Speed Sensor to see if it helps.
Click here P1744 issue

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard