Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
let me look it up real quick. it's just a ford EFI stage 1 kit, with the shark nozzle and 10 lb bottle for options. and yes, i did buy a zex purge and zex bottle heater because they are half the price. the purge is fine, but the zex bottle heater does not hold the bottle at a constant pressure, it just gets hot and stays there, and turn off and on once in a while. the NX heater is twice the price but it will turn off and on depending on the bottle pressure. i recommend that, as most people that spent the money on it do also. let me get that link though

1998 CSVT NX stage 1 ford EFI kit MSD dis-4 B&M short throw K&N short ram intake Fsvt Euro 17's Trubendz 2.5" exhaust Spec stage 3 249.9 HP 258.2 TRQ clutch slipping the whole time
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
that doesnt make any sense you say that one is way better than the other one but in both discriptions in different words you say that both heaters warm the bottle to temp, shut off and then turn back on... so what is it doing wrong by shutting off and turning back on its doing its job as long as the 2 temp sensors are in the correct position

CSVT's that i have beaten... - redlineracer12 - your user name here
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
sorry i'll explain a little better.

the NX setup has a switch in it that will turn off the heater when the bottle is achieved it's ideal pressure. it will turn back on if the pressure starts to drop.

ZEX's setup just turns on for (give or take) 5 minutes, and off for 2 minutes, and back on. it doesnt have the switch in it like the NX fire and ice heater.

i dont like zex myself, but a purge is a purge. i thought the bottle heater would be fine, and it is, if you want to check the bottle pressure constantly.

1998 CSVT NX stage 1 ford EFI kit MSD dis-4 B&M short throw K&N short ram intake Fsvt Euro 17's Trubendz 2.5" exhaust Spec stage 3 249.9 HP 258.2 TRQ clutch slipping the whole time
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
so the zex one doesnt have temperature sensors? is that what your trying to say?

CSVT's that i have beaten... - redlineracer12 - your user name here
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
back during my nitrous days... everyone always said nx heater was pressure regulated, and the NOS was temp regulated. I had a compucar that I would just turn on and off...I had a nitrous gauge to see what pressure I was at...

it sound like zex just turns on and off by itself...nothing being regulated.

98 E0 SVT with some stuff
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
IIRC the Zex bottle warmer turns off when it gets optimal temp and once the temp drops, then it heats up again.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard