Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
C
In this post Tony2005 mentioned getting a scanner with real-time scaning capability to diagnose a possible fuel problem.

I bought one but I dont know wheher the numbers its giving me are out of spec or not. For instance, short term fuel trim numbers went from 8 to -13 as I was driving and let off the gas. I understand what short trim means, but is there a site that I can get "good" numbers with high and low tolerances so I know if the numbers I am getting are out of spec or not? Im looking for good MAF, fuel pressure, TPS and ignition advance numbers too.

Im totaly new to using scanners, but I refuse to throw new parts at a problem until its fixed.

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
If you have a Ford CD Manual, you can find the PIDs in the PC/ED Pinpoint tests. If not, I will try and scan and post for you tomorrow.

Edit. File was too big to upload and post. Emailed.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
C
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
C
I would really appreciate a scan.

Thanks a bunch

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard