Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww i only spin in 3third when is cold very cold and is like more a litle spin

http://www.cardomain.com/profile/svtmexicali Contour SVT 98 #1862 of 6535 born 06/11/1997 9.20 1/8 mile semi slick www.rudos-racing.com
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Man, I have tears in my eyes listening to the sound of that turbo duratec. You're right, the trubends exhaust is pretty kick ass sounding, I haven't heard a better sounding exhaust.

And your car looks really good, nice and clean in there. All you need are some 235's on it for the street so you may be able to hold 3rd gear...maybe and you need some drag radials.

Hell, just face it you need drag radials to drive around on the street, and you need slicks for the track!

Thanks Joey, I liked that.

Last edited by warmonger; 09/02/06 11:44 PM.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Thanks guys for the comments. I may need to get some drag radials for the street. But the expense of changing them will be some frustrating since they do wear faster than z rated tires. The video was edited so you only saw third I did continue on up too the high three digits very quickly. It was tempting to go run tonite to see what times I can get but I will be patient and go get my dyno first so I can get some trust in the setup first. I will say that the third gear revs so fast that the car doesn't have time to build boost like it should. I get around 12 psi when the tires break loose. But in third I get a full 14 psi because of teh load. 1St I get about 10 psi and second the same since they are too short. I ordered the 7 psi spring for my tial wastegate so it can build up faster I have the 3 psi spring I letting alot of boost out the boost controller to allow me to get that high.

It is fun to drive but if you play hard expect to fill the tank up every two days not to cheap either. If I was to run throught the gears you would see that traction gets worst since the boost is there already. I am hoping my axles will be ablt to handle the shock load when I hit the track next week.

The motor is loud because of the clutch chatter from the spec 3 it really makes me upset when i am showing the car off. I had some people try to tease me today let just say no match at all.........

99 SVT #198 blk/blue Spec 3/quaife/stage 2 shafts T3/T4 fully built 3.0 ported heads water injec./intercooled 13.2 @ 107 mph clifford alarm and turbo timer koni struts H&R springs intercooler for sale
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
thats very impressive. congrats and nice work. like warmonger said very clean.

98 CSVT t-red 1737# cf1 Cowl hood Centerline Storms CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15 WTB- Vortech S/C kit/ADC Turbo Kit
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
i thought my spec 3 was the only clutch to make that chattering noise

95 s.e. 2.5l mtx ,koni yellows, h&r springs,kkm intake, ddm,custom catback exhaust, spec stage 3 , fidanza flywheel, all 98 svt midnight blue interior. , and much more....
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
That's impressive.
I had to share the vid with my other car-dork friends. Hope you don't mind.

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by 4banganda5spd:
it wont play for me

Me either!?!?!

For Sale - 96 Tour Sport 2.5L MTX with SVT Exhaust, pre 98 trunklid with newer Contour Sport spoiler instead of lip spoiler, newer Contour sport rims. Newer paint job. Brand new floor mats. Rust Free! PM me for details and pics.
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
site is down

99 SVT #198 blk/blue Spec 3/quaife/stage 2 shafts T3/T4 fully built 3.0 ported heads water injec./intercooled 13.2 @ 107 mph clifford alarm and turbo timer koni struts H&R springs intercooler for sale
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
it's working now.. Looks good man.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Originally posted by alibies:
turn signals

two hands on wheel!

sounds sick, its fast, i want!

koni kit - hpp rstb camber/plates - cf (yikes!) polyroll resistors - TCA's WR headers/ypipe -TB hiflow cat SFC's - XCal2 -dreaming of 3L-
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard