Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
it looks like it pulls nice after about 5500 but you have to shift right away. i was unimpressed until it started boosting, i dont know where your foot was on the pedal though of course

slicks would be a good investment of course. also man why do you milk the clutch so hard? i have never let my clutch out over 1500 rpms unless i was racing someone, i am talking aobut right at the beginning when you take the left hand corner. looks cool though

1998 CSVT NX stage 1 ford EFI kit MSD dis-4 B&M short throw K&N short ram intake Fsvt Euro 17's Trubendz 2.5" exhaust Spec stage 3 249.9 HP 258.2 TRQ clutch slipping the whole time
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Tricker, what do you mean 1500 rpms?

As soon as he mashes the throttle it will rip loose the tires and spin all the way to redline if he didn't try to modulate the throttle.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
no I never got into full throttle at all in first two gears I maybe have quarter throttle. The only gears I punched it was third and when I hit it takes a split second for the turbo to spool. Drive the car and you will find out what impressing you means. I can show you a video of me trying to go from 9 to 85moh since I was just showing the video because of traction problems. The car is only as fast as you can use the power so why run full throttle or three quarter when the tires just smoke.

Trust me it is real fast. I ran 13.2 with smaller motor and less boost and bent an axle so if I was to roll up to a track first pass babying I put a ten dollar bill on a 12 sec pass.

But until you drive the car you have no feeling of what power feels like video seem alot slower than real life views.

99 SVT #198 blk/blue Spec 3/quaife/stage 2 shafts T3/T4 fully built 3.0 ported heads water injec./intercooled 13.2 @ 107 mph clifford alarm and turbo timer koni struts H&R springs intercooler for sale
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
of course. i'm not trying to dog your car its obviously a beast! dont get me wrong pls. im just trying to decide on a blower setup like blackcoog or a custom turbo setup because one or the other is happening eventually. nitrous is good but its going to be 6.50 a pound by next spring and unless i buy a pump and buy it in bulk i'm going to boost my 2.5.

1998 CSVT NX stage 1 ford EFI kit MSD dis-4 B&M short throw K&N short ram intake Fsvt Euro 17's Trubendz 2.5" exhaust Spec stage 3 249.9 HP 258.2 TRQ clutch slipping the whole time
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
Tires......they really made my CSVT-turbo much more enjoyable to drive...Then again I was only making in the 240+whp range...

Honestly though, there are quite a few tires out there to choose from. My dilemna with the CSVT and my current car is that they're "handlers" so slapping on a drag radial you're gonna see the cornering ability go down ever so slightly based on driving psi(tire).

I ran the BFG DR's on the CSVT, and have had Nitto's on the Z,(they worked well early and quickly faded to be worse than regular radials), and now have settled on the Toyo RA1. The Toyo is far superior to both for daily, or even often driving as they are designed for wet weather(official wet weather race tire for the Speedvision cars), they have stiff sidewalls, they have 8/32 tread versus 5/32 for both the BF and the Nitto, so the 100treadwear will give you more life, and they handle some serious power!

I have them in all 4 corners and run full ps(42front/41rear)and have the ability to utilize all gears. Now granted I'm running 305/35/18 and am RWD, but I just wanted to share my thoughts with you guys on my tire experiences.

Good Luck!

2002 ZO6...462whp/410wtq pretty darn fast!11.70 @ 122 silver/black 2006 Trailblazer SS(wifes car) silver/black 2000 SVT-Turbo-sold silver/blue #1699/2150 13.83 @ 102.82 on 5psi 13.51 @ 107.56 on 8psi
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by wavrdr:
Tires......they really made my CSVT-turbo much more enjoyable to drive...Then again I was only making in the 240+whp range...

Honestly though, there are quite a few tires out there to choose from. My dilemna with the CSVT and my current car is that they're "handlers" so slapping on a drag radial you're gonna see the cornering ability go down ever so slightly based on driving psi(tire).

I ran the BFG DR's on the CSVT, and have had Nitto's on the Z,(they worked well early and quickly faded to be worse than regular radials), and now have settled on the Toyo RA1. The Toyo is far superior to both for daily, or even often driving as they are designed for wet weather(official wet weather race tire for the Speedvision cars), they have stiff sidewalls, they have 8/32 tread versus 5/32 for both the BF and the Nitto, so the 100treadwear will give you more life, and they handle some serious power!

I have them in all 4 corners and run full ps(42front/41rear)and have the ability to utilize all gears. Now granted I'm running 305/35/18 and am RWD, but I just wanted to share my thoughts with you guys on my tire experiences.

Good Luck!

Very good review and information. Thanks!

You're driving a vette now right?

Edit: Duh I see it in your sig.... for me

Last edited by warmonger; 09/05/06 01:16 AM.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
i love you man!!!!! your car is sickk!!!

Previous Owner of: 1998 CSVT Black # 2923/6535 Born: 08/12/97 http://community.webshots.com/user/svtcontoursvt
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
mmmmmmmmm, Contour power.

I had 235/40/17 tires on my '99 SE and I know Rick "Buckshot" had 245/45/16's on his SVT. Both required a significant amount of "massaging" on the rear wheelwells. Specifically, it's the rear bumper mounting tab that takes the most work to get those fatties to fit without rubbing all of the time. The fronts fit no problem though, so you should at least be able to get something for the track if you wanted to.

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard