Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
that is crazy power

BUT it doesn't look usable at all...when is it that you can actually go WOT without losing traction?

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by IonNinja:
that is crazy power

BUT it doesn't look usable at all...when is it that you can actually go WOT without losing traction?

Exactly what I was thinking. I commend your work and efforts Burrita but, FWD CSVT + 500hp+ = traction problems like I've never seen.

2006 Mazdaspeed6 1997 Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace 1996 Volvo 850-R
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Fourth is the gear I can run WOT and it zips through it so fast third works best at 3/4 throttle. I getting use to how much I can give it now I think I can easily breaks 12's even with a slow start. I do believe on the track the tires will stick better and I should get a high 12 with ease defintly over 115mph too. If my little boy was in the hosiptal I might have ran last night for fun. It time for someone to buy my dual boost controller so I can buy the E-01 progressive boost controller so I can set boost levels according to gears.

OH guys guess you should know that Tom has made this tune real safe till the dyno. I ran this video on a 10.5 A/F and the timing cracked back 10 degrees easily. So there is alot of power here that is not being used at this boost level. I can't imagine what it would feel like having it run 12.1 area and some agressive timing to top that. And a couple more pounds of air to all of this can you say just outright redicilous acceleration. Stayed tuned for the new video of judgement day at the dynojet two days left...........

Last edited by BurritaSVT; 09/03/06 03:16 PM.

99 SVT #198 blk/blue Spec 3/quaife/stage 2 shafts T3/T4 fully built 3.0 ported heads water injec./intercooled 13.2 @ 107 mph clifford alarm and turbo timer koni struts H&R springs intercooler for sale
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Amazing.

how much boost were you running in the video?

'98 2.5L Mystique LS T-Red
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Oh - my - god (looking at own car and big pile of parts).

That??s just nuts (wonderful!). OK, Warmonger has my business if he??ll take it. I guess I should buy the RPP.

I asked Terry to do the ??Koated Kogbox? option when he rebuilt my new BAT MTX. I??m hopeful that will keep the chatter noise down from my Spec 3+. Their site is down for maintenance, but I know some have posted to say it??s an effective mod.

I sincerely hope you find a solution to the traction issue ??and share it with everyone. I??ll be researching the widest, stickiest street tires I can install. Time to search the ??Newby? question: ??What??s the widest tires I can put on my Contour?? I do want to keep the body stock looking on mine.

No wheel hop, you are just flat out overpowering the drivetrain. It will be so easy to get in serious trouble with that car? Try to stay out of jail as long as possible!

An inspirational video for a Sunday Morning!

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by JEDsContour:

An inspirational video for a Sunday Morning!

Indeed probably the most inspiring i have seen on this site.

'98 2.5L Mystique LS T-Red
W
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
W
oh my.

1998 Black/Midnight Blue CSVT #3806 of 6536 Born:9/26/1997 110k
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Great video... thanks for the ride!

That is an insane amount of power there. After seeing this video, I cant wait to see the quarter mile times and your driving impressions after getting used to it a little more. No doubt this car will lay down amazing numbers, but after seeing it on the road I'm wondering how useful all that power will really be in a FWD Tour?

Ive been strongly considering doing a 3L turbo setup in an older SE but now it seems like it might be more frustrating to have all that power and not be able to use it than it would be to just have a milder car that hooks up and goes. Let us know how it all goes. That thing is a beast!

96 Contour GL 2.0L MTX with Early SE 7 spoke wheels, SE sideskirts, Koni Sport Kit 70 Mustang Sportsroof with mild 351W and '01 Mustang GT wheels
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
are you still running the stock shifter???

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Wwow Wwow & Perhaps a sidedish of some Wwow.

-JD. 1996/V6/LX. Killer Bass, & A Few Other Mods.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard