Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
tomc3 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
My daughter (just 16) got my old SVT 'tour (147k miles, runs great) - couldn't part with it for $1500 trade-in on my (no flames) SRT-4 ACR...so, she runs over a big board, bends the rim and the LCA - replace both LCAs...again (had just done a complete suspension rebuild - bearings, struts, LCAs) and take in for alignment.

car has BAT suspension kit (struts/springs) and I expected the alignment to be a little on the negative side...but:

passenger side where she hit is perfect
drivers side is -2.7 (out of spec)

looks like the SPC adjustment is only +1 to -1, so not enough to make it good.

Comments on what I can do to bring the camber in more? What's left? It is possible that she tweaked something when she ran over the board - front frame can be realigned?

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
The camber is not adjustable as built from the factory. If you add camber kits you can probably obtain a reasonable alignment.

Take a look here:

http://www.specprod.com/PROD_DIR/PROD_PASSCAR.HTML

And yes, it is possible that you have not yet identified all the bent parts. I would be suspecious that the strut is bent.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
T
tomc3 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
How would I check for a bent strut?

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
The alignment shop should have done that. The easiest way is from the usually ignored angles on the alignment print-out.

Other than that, it is either with a streight ende or by eyeballing it. You may need the tire and wheel out of the way.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard