Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
My svt when i jump in it and turn the key to the start position it will make this grinding noise and does not turn over (like when you try to start a car thats already started). But when I go to start it and turn the key to the on position then wait 3 seconds or so and turn to to the start position it starts fine. Any suggestions?

1998.5 SVT contour #5979 3L 1995 Mercury Mystique 2.5L auto, all ghetto fo sho
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
new starter/solnoid( not shure on spelling)? thats what it sonds like it could be.....id start with the cheap fixes first

99' silver smokin' csvt born on march 18 99' #1491 of 2760 burninrice no more
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
LOL what is a cheap fix on this car :S

A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by buttersSVT:
new starter/solnoid( not shure on spelling)? thats what it sonds like it could be.....id start with the cheap fixes first

Always do the cheap and easy ones first

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Starter is cheaper than flywheel

R
RPM Offline
R
Hi mate I've got the same problem!
Anyway, today I've changed the starter and it's not fun really. After puting everything back the car started great, I drove it a little just to get the air off the cooling system.

Unfortunatelly when I tried to start it later today I got the same noise! :nonono: I guess I'm missing teeth on the flywheel :cry: :help:
I hope you'll have better luck!

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by RPM:
Anyway, today I've changed the starter and it's not fun really. After puting everything back the car started great, I drove it a little just to get the air off the cooling system.

Unfortunatelly when I tried to start it later today I got the same noise! I guess I'm missing teeth on the flywheel

Thats not what I like to hear

A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by starjammir:

Unfortunatelly when I tried to start it later today I got the same noise! I guess I'm missing teeth on the flywheel

Thats not what I like to hear

that wouldnt make sense bill... You have a brand new fidenza flywheel which might I add also has been lightened... If its already missing teeth I would be contacting who installed it.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T

Welcome, RPM . Before assuming the worst, check if the starter is aligned properly. You may just have not installed it properly.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard