Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
H
So I installed my svt exhaust + svt cat but I didn't put a new gasket on between the ypipe and cat(thought there wasn't one ) Also I noticed this about the bolts and nuts at the connection:

In the first pic, it looks great, but on the other side, the spring compresses much more yet it seems like the cat doesn't get as close to the ypipe as it should.

I'm going to get the gasket but could this possibly be a source of leakage?

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I can't recal exactly and can't see the pics at work but without the gasket it might cause the cat to sit funny, think it would definately not seal.

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
That gasket is very thick and will fill up that extra space you are getting between the pipes. The gasket is shaped like a donut. Not your typical flat gasket.

It's also ceramic, so don't drop it.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by CSVT1214:

It's also ceramic, so don't drop it.

thats is what I thought it was, but didn't recal exactly last night ... it was like $12 when I needed one from the dealer.

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
H
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
H
Will my friendly neighborhood advance auto(i like them better than autozone) have said gasket or should I not bother and call up B to the J? Part numbers anyone? Can't find much info on this searching in troubleshooting.

Edit: lots more info searching in duratec maintanence

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
not sure, you might be able to, like I said I jsut went to the dealer last time and they had one in stock ...

H
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by brapple:

your in luck, I still have my receipt right here from a few months ago when I replaced mine after changing to a SVT cat and a optimized y-pipe, 2-bolt style

part number is

FMC F5RZ9450B list was 16.08 and cost was 13.19

^from another post...thanks brian

H
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
H
Also curious about this...after driving to work(5 minutes) it looked like my passenger side muffler was spitting at me from that little breather hole or whatever right above the tip. It was gleaking at me! Whats up with that? Sorry if this is noobish and obvi but it seemed a bit abnormal to me.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
since the exhaust hasn't been heated up in some time by exhaust gasses it is most likely just water and the like coming out of the exhaust, watch it for a few days and if it doesn't stop then I would be worried, mine always drips after not running the car for a few days

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by hotdimmes:

^from another post...thanks brian

forgot that I posted that, but I did recal the reciept last night ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard