Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
OP Offline
G
Am currently working on repairs to the IMRC on my UK Mondeo V6 Ghia (Duretech). In the process I have found that the Fuel Charging Wiring Loom is TOAST - all of the insulation has flaked off from the IMRC connector back to half way along where the wires run under the UIM (Upper Inlet manifold)

Fuel Charging Wiring Harness is a short piece of loom that connects:

Inlet manifold Runner Control (IMRC)
Engine Coolant Temperature sensor (ECT)
Ignition Coil Pack
Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKP)
Camshaft Position Sensor(CMP)
Heated Oxygen Sensor(HO2S)

It has plugs where it connects to the various sensors above.

It runs from a connector block on main loom in the engine bay just in front of the driver(UK)or passenger (USA), under the upper inlet manifold and out the other end by the Throttle Body and then connects to the IMRC etc.

Have Contacted Ford NZ and this part is OBSOLETE...they suggest only option is to rewire.

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A SUPPLIER IN USA WHO MAY HAVE OLD STOCK - I CAN PROBABLY GET THE PART NUMBER IN NEED. OTHERWISE IT LOOKS LIKE I NEED ONE OUT OF A WRECK.

GerryAttrick '97 Mondeo V6 Ghia Wagon
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
your talking about the fuel injector wire harness [at least thats how I've always refered to it]... and yes I had the same problem, mine got fried. You can contact Bill J at teamfordparts, but be prepared for sticker shock, ford price is $7XX and his price is $4XX.

Because it includes the fuel injector wires, you need to know if you have a return style or returnless style fuel system.

hope that helps.

yes... I am a cougar owner trolling on your board.
G
OP Offline
G
Originally posted by bensenvill:
your talking about the fuel injector wire harness [at least thats how I've always refered to it]... and yes I had the same problem, mine got fried. You can contact Bill J at teamfordparts, but be prepared for sticker shock, ford price is $7XX and his price is $4XX.

Because it includes the fuel injector wires, you need to know if you have a return style or returnless style fuel system.

hope that helps.

Sure does...except i think price will be a heart stopper!!! especially as I have Ford Contact here who could get it for me Trade (if it was not listed as obsolete!!)

Thanks

GerryAttrick '97 Mondeo V6 Ghia Wagon
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
try posting something in the WTB section. I tried finding one for like 2 years and then I threw something up in WTB, and BAM I had a number of people instantly able to help me out [at a very reasonable price].

yes... I am a cougar owner trolling on your board.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard