Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
L
Hi, I did a search but havent been able to find anything. I recently started getting a gasoline smell out of my defrost vent, particularly when coming to a stop. Possibly an exhaust leak, I have a shoshop y-pipe, but it's 2 years old and never had a problem. I also have a shoshop intake. I haven't changed anything on the car in quite some time, and haven't seen this problem before. Any ideas? Thanks!

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Any CEL codes? What year, engine, miles? Could be intake manifold gaskets or fuel injectors too.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by lindston:
Hi, I did a search but havent been able to find anything. I recently started getting a gasoline smell out of my defrost vent, particularly when coming to a stop. Possibly an exhaust leak, I have a shoshop y-pipe, but it's 2 years old and never had a problem. I also have a shoshop intake. I haven't changed anything on the car in quite some time, and haven't seen this problem before. Any ideas? Thanks!

Inspect the fuel lines and injector manifold under the hood for your leak, preferably before it catches fire.

If you're lucky, it's a leak in the EVAP system. However, your CEL should be on if this were the case.

Steve

98 Contour SE Sport 2.5 Duratec ATX The wifey's car 89 Taurus SHO - 246K miles 94 SHO ATX - 190K 1997 F-150 5.4L ATX - The Workhorse 150K. ANY THREAD WITH "OMG" or "WTF" ETC IN THE TITLE WILL BE IGNORED!

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard