Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#1638985 09/01/06 06:44 PM
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Tourige:
My buddy is selling his in the classifieds.

Resonated Magnaflow.

I saw that. It's the exact same system that I am ready to purchase now (stainless steel resonated Magnaflow), but he's asking used very nearly what it goes for new. All the risk with no reward.

I'm just going to order from the Trubenz website.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
#1638986 09/01/06 08:11 PM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by JEDsContour:

Resonated Magnaflow.

I saw that. It's the exact same system that I am ready to purchase now (stainless steel resonated Magnaflow), but he's asking used very nearly what it goes for new. All the risk with no reward.

what would you pay for it?

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

#1638987 09/01/06 08:30 PM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P

Resonated Magnaflow.

All the risk and no reward? That makes no sense. You aren't taking any risk at all. And the reward is saving money on the same system.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
#1638988 09/01/06 10:18 PM
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by posthuman63t:
All the risk and no reward? That makes no sense. You aren't taking any risk at all. And the reward is saving money on the same system.

I think I may have inadvertently started something here, but I will answer your questions

What Risk? You say there is no risk at all.

It??s a used part. It??s been hanging under his car for at least 1400 kms (~900 miles). Now, admittedly, exhaust systems are pretty durable parts, but this hardly qualifies as ??no risk at all.? Just the fact that its been installed is a risk, implying that the condition of the part will depend on the care taken by the installer (and remover).

Who is this ??converted_gm? anyway? I don??t know him. I??m sure he??s a fine fellow, but there is a risk involved in sending $525 to someone you don??t know. Trubendz may be slow to answer email, but they are a business with a good record of delivering systems and parts.

What??s my gain in all this? This used system will potentially cost me a whopping $70 less than the $595 new system that I can order right now. This is before shipping of course. The cost of ??converted_gm? shipping this to me is likely to be higher than what Trubendz (a company that ships these out every day) will charge. Then there??s the shipping risk ?? will ??converted_gm? package it a securely as Trubendz does?

I don??t want to push this too far but I will stand by my statement: The buyer is accepting all the risk of purchasing a used automobile part from a private seller. In exchange they are seeing very little gain, about 12% off the price of the readily available new part ?? and this is before shipping. Gee, thanks.

??converted_gm,? advertise your system with good detailed pictures showing it uninstalled, undamaged, and ready to ship and then put a $300 price on it. That??s how you should sell it.

P.S. The last time I sold a used exhaust system it was a Bosal catback exhaust in perfect condition with less than 20 miles on it - and I sold it here for $1. True story.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
#1638989 09/01/06 11:12 PM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T

I think I may have inadvertently started something here, but I will answer your questions

It??s a used part. It??s been hanging under his car for at least 1400 kms (~900 miles). Now, admittedly, exhaust systems are pretty durable parts, but this hardly qualifies as ??no risk at all.? Just the fact that its been installed is a risk, implying that the condition of the part will depend on the care taken by the installer (and remover).

Who is this ??converted_gm? anyway? I don??t know him. I??m sure he??s a fine fellow, but there is a risk involved in sending $525 to someone you don??t know. Trubendz may be slow to answer email, but they are a business with a good record of delivering systems and parts.

What??s my gain in all this? This used system will potentially cost me a whopping $70 less than the $595 new system that I can order right now. This is before shipping of course. The cost of ??converted_gm? shipping this to me is likely to be higher than what Trubendz (a company that ships these out every day) will charge. Then there??s the shipping risk ?? will ??converted_gm? package it a securely as Trubendz does?

I don??t want to push this too far but I will stand by my statement: The buyer is accepting all the risk of purchasing a used automobile part from a private seller. In exchange they are seeing very little gain, about 12% off the price of the readily available new part ?? and this is before shipping. Gee, thanks.

??converted_gm,? advertise your system with good detailed pictures showing it uninstalled, undamaged, and ready to ship and then put a $300 price on it. That??s how you should sell it.

P.S. The last time I sold a used exhaust system it was a Bosal catback exhaust in perfect condition with less than 20 miles on it - and I sold it here for $1. True story.

I know Converted (Justin) he is a good guy, i installed the system myself.

Trubendz packaging sucks just FYI, so if you think you might get worse packaging from him.. your pretty nuts.

and a 300 price tag??? LMAO the exhaust system has barley any use.. the Mufflers are barley broken in yet.. and you want him to give it to you for half price? please..

much like your weiner.

#1638990 09/01/06 11:26 PM
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
and a 300 price tag??? LMAO the exhaust system has barley any use.. the Mufflers are barley broken in yet.. and you want him to give it to you for half price? please..

Tourige... I'm not in the market. My suggestion was so that someone else might buy it. What's with the "barley any use" and "barley broken in yet" - were you guys using this as part of a still or something? A little bit of barley malts whiskey making maybe?

#1638991 09/02/06 12:00 AM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T

Tourige... I'm not in the market. My suggestion was so that someone else might buy it. What's with the "barley any use" and "barley broken in yet" - were you guys using this as part of a still or something? A little bit of barley malts whiskey making maybe?

to much liquid lunch.

much like your weiner.

#1638992 09/02/06 01:08 AM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P

You have your reason I spose, though I don't agree with them.

Key points:
1. yes its used, for 900 miles only. I've been running my trubendz aluminized steel kit for 4000 miles, in Wisconsin no less, and have no rust (other than on the clamps). Unless Converted GM was offroading in his car or hopping over curbs, I doubt there is anything at all wrong with the kit.

2. I have never had an issue contacting or knowing whats going on in my ddealings with Trubendz, but as of late, people don't seem to be happy with their cutomer service. (Unanswered phones, unanswered emails) Like I said, I never had issues, but others here are.

3. shipping? Good point. Shipping the system will probably cost $20 (roughly) above what trubendz would charge. But the packing of it comment holds no weight what so ever. Anyone that has bought a kit from them knows, the clamps come in their little boxes, the muffler comes in its box, and the rest of the exhaust is just thrown in there. Note the many posts of members talking about the hangers poking out through the box. So needless to say, as long as the shipper puts a tenth of a foot forward in means of effort, then the shipping will be just as good as trubendz.

And yea, I'm not trying to argue, I'm just saying for me, I would buy it from the CEG'er to help him out, and save yourself some money. Ultimatly its up to you (or whoever is considering it). If the issue is trust, pay through paypal if you can, and if you get shafted, they will investigate and get your money back.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
#1638993 09/02/06 04:08 AM
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
trubendz borla non rez.. i have it and love it. it sounds great at idle and through the rpms

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2424902 1998.5 Contour svt #5447 of 6535 B&M short Throw Shifter KKM intake borla catback (truebendz)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard