Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Tony25 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Also should it be too hard of a job for me to do myself?

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Tony25:
Oh no i mean the timing belt. The bottom right hand pully on the timing belt is loose. Its just falling apart. So when i try to start the car the belt is sliping. Its a pretty new belt though that was replaced last year. Just seems like this pully failed.

Do you mean the crankshaft pulley to turn the serpentine belt? This crankshaft pulley is connected by the crankshaft sprocket (bottom right pulley) for the timing belt.

Autozone Figure 6

and Figure 15

And to confirm Figure 2.

Last edited by Tony2005; 09/04/06 03:10 AM.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
T
Tony25 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Nope its def the timing belt. I took the cover off and noticed the bottom right pully was loose. And the belt has alot of play in it. Jumps up and down when i try to start it because of the bottom right hand pully. Ive never done a timing belt but i just replaced the serpintine belt not long ago. And the waterpump/altinator/tensenger (sp) and pully. Is it hard to diy? I mean getting the timing right?

Last edited by Tony25; 09/04/06 04:54 AM.
T
Tony25 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Also if its not something i should be able to handle myself. Does anyone know anyone in the Maryland area that can do this at a good price? Im in baltimore. Also should i just replace all the pullys as well so this doesent happen again?
Thanks,
Tony

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Click on 69Boss302's name and send him a PM.

He owns a windshield repair business and IIRC has done a timing belt before. He may be able to give you a good price on it.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard