Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
So I have been noticing a front suspension creak for the past few months and I have been trying to figure out exactly what the problem is for a while now. Well I have the car on jacks and I made a pretty big discovery. The left side rear subframe bolt is loose. I attempted to put a socket to it and it neither tightens nor loosens...it seems as the nut (I'm guessing because I can't really figure out a way to see what's up there) the bolt screws into is stripped out or something... Is there anyway to get to the nut? This is my daily driver and I need to get this figured out ASAP before something bad happens. I appreciate whatever help I can get cuz I know it is late...

98 Silver Frost CSVT #415 of 6535 Born on 4/23/97 Weapon R Intake B&M Short-Throw Shifter Panasonic CQ-C9901U Head Unit Indiglo Gauges from StreetRacerParts.com {PM me if you want a pair of Pre-98 Sail Panels}
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Go at it from within the interior cabin, underneath the carpetting. There is an access panel that you can go through, and reach the nut from that side.

Search for this theory/approach, as there are pictures posted documenting this exact process.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Thanks Ray...I appreciate your help on this matter. I will begin the searching.

98 Silver Frost CSVT #415 of 6535 Born on 4/23/97 Weapon R Intake B&M Short-Throw Shifter Panasonic CQ-C9901U Head Unit Indiglo Gauges from StreetRacerParts.com {PM me if you want a pair of Pre-98 Sail Panels}
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Just a guess, isn't the nut welded to the top of the frame?
Possible to tap new threads into it or clean them up?

95 Contour GL. Bought new. BAT Sway Bars/Pioneer CD/Koni Rear Struts/Mobil Fluids. Looking for 15" alloy rims-PM me. 180,500km's so far.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard