Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#1638668 08/31/06 03:41 PM
Y
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Y
if the BAT kit lower's 1" .... how much LOWER does the Koni sport kit lower ?? ( 2"'s total from stock height ? ) thanks !

#1638669 08/31/06 04:19 PM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Cobra_Jack:
Originally posted by CSVT1214:

The stock springs don't get much life either. Common problem being that the front spring coils snap. It happened to my friend's 98.5 with about 70k miles. Started backing out of the driveway for work one morning, and the passenger front corner just dropped.

what's a good replacement to pair up with the stock struts?

I have not heard much problem with the stock springs in the '99 and 2000 cars. Shouldn't be a problem. Keep the stock struts you're gonna buy & call it a day unless you see some sort of problem, or want a mild drop.

BAT springs are about $200 a set, give a 1" drop, much less dive & roll. Firm ride. Good all-around combo with stock struts. Any lower a drop & you'll want to upgrade the struts from stock as they tend to wear quickly with 2" drop or more.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
#1638670 09/05/06 12:41 AM
B
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
B
Looking to upgrade the ride/handling and stay OEM, without lowering? I ordered a full set of SVT shocks and springs for the manual 2.5L (Same setup as on the SVT) for about $400 new including shipping from Steve at Tousely. The ride is smooth, firm, well controlled, particularly at highway speed, even over rough or uneven pavement. A passenger said it felt like the car was on rails. And, you can load the car with gear or passengers without fear of bottoming out or scraping the front valance. You won't be disappointed--but you will still have some wheel gap common to most stock setups. However, if it's superior handling you really want, with the aesthetics of less wheel gap, and can live with the small drop (Any lowering is nothing to slough off as insignificant), go with the BAT kit or the Koni Kit if you can pull the cash together.

Oh, and don't forget the $550 to install all this stuff if you don't have the tools and/or time. Major expense for these cars with the sophisticated suspensions they have. The stuts are buried in the coils. All totalled, I was out nearly a grand, but the car only has 67M on it, and like new. It was cheaper to upgrade I car I like than buy something else.

Last edited by Bluespeed; 09/05/06 12:48 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard