Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
So anyway, I bought the yellow Sentra for a couple of reasons.

One was so I could park the SVT and work on it without having to put it all back together at the end of the day. Other, lesser reason, was to stop putting loads of miles on the SVT since it breaks so easily.

Anyway, I take the Sentra to Berlin and Hamburg for a 9 day vacation, and come back to this:

Click for 1600x1200 full size.

Oil is all dried up too, so must have happend shortly after I left. I don't even want to know what is is, but I have a suspicion that it's the connection at the pan for the old S/C lines that has been dripping for a while and must have finally gave up in turn, dumping most of the pan.

Guess when I get the 2nd shipment of parts from Bill J, I'll pull the pan and fix this leak.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Kane, at least it didn't let go when you were driving it! And your "replacement" it lots nicer than any rental, right. But sorry to hear about your troubles. Good luck fixing it.

Scott Mabe I WILL be Phil. 1999 Contour SVT, Tropic Green BAT kit, K&N RU-3530+MAF, Magnecore 8.5mm, some audio goodies, Hightowers, Knauberized, tatoo by Parkedcar.
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Double check the oil filter. This happen to me a few weeks ago(not that amount) w/ the oil filter loose. As soon as I tighten it up, no more leak.

But if its something w/ the oil pan, good luck cause thats a messy job.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by KerryKool:
Double check the oil filter. This happen to me a few weeks ago(not that amount) w/ the oil filter loose. As soon as I tighten it up, no more leak.

I'll check the filter, but I already know where my drip was coming from (the oil cooler lines for the Vortech), so I'm assuming it was them just letting loose finally.

And yes, I am really glad I decided to get another car rather than driving this to Berlin and Hamburg (ended up being a 2000km trip).

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B

It's not messy with all the oil leaked out silly..... good luck - JOE

EGPLNT:MY 95' SE MTX SVT *200,000 MILE CLUB* 6/06/06 - 201,000 MILES
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by blu_fuz:

It's not messy with all the oil leaked out silly..... good luck - JOE

Leave it to Joe.

Sucks, Kane. Nothing some beer and cussing can't handle

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by getsum111:
Kane, at least it didn't let go when you were driving it!

My thoughts exactly.

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R

If it was the oil filter, the leak would have started more towards the left of the car, not the right.

Ryan Trollin!

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard