Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
SVT2173 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I need help, this problem has been going on off and on. When i hit the clutch to change gears i get this high rev. The RMP's go up. Does any one know what this is?? Please help me , Contour SVT 1998

R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by SVT2173:
I need help, this problem has been going on off and on. When i hit the clutch to change gears i get this high rev. The RMP's go up. Does any one know what this is?? Please help me , Contour SVT 1998

It sounds like Throttle hang to me. There is a simple fix under the common problems on the main site page.

Reebs

For Sale - 96 Tour Sport 2.5L MTX with SVT Exhaust, pre 98 trunklid with newer Contour Sport spoiler instead of lip spoiler, newer Contour sport rims. Newer paint job. Brand new floor mats. Rust Free! PM me for details and pics.
S
SVT2173 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Ill try that

Last edited by SVT2173; 08/31/06 12:44 AM.
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Welcome . Also clean the throttle body. Then reinstall with a new gasket.

TB cleaning thread.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
U
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
U
SVT2173 - Did the throttle hang fix correct your problem? I am having the same issue, and imo it is different than the throttle hang. My rpms will actually climb quite high in some cases, other days it will drive fine. Did you clean your TB? Did that correct the issue? Let me know when u have the time, I'd appreciate it.

2k silver svt #1721 Ignorance breeds stupidity..
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by unknown:
.. My rpms will actually climb quite high in some cases, other days it will drive fine. ..

Any CELs? Is it "moosing" when the RPMs climb?

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by unknown:
SVT2173 - Did the throttle hang fix correct your problem? I am having the same issue, and imo it is different than the throttle hang. My rpms will actually climb quite high in some cases, other days it will drive fine. Did you clean your TB? Did that correct the issue? Let me know when u have the time, I'd appreciate it.

I know, mine problem was exactly like yours and when I was told to do the throttle hang fix I was hesitant because my problem didn't sound like throttle hang either. My question is the same as Tony's... is it moosing!??! I did the throttle hang fix for my high rpms and to fix Mr. moose. Simple fix, worked great!

Can't go wrong to try it. Only takes 3 minutes and 45 cents.

Reebs

For Sale - 96 Tour Sport 2.5L MTX with SVT Exhaust, pre 98 trunklid with newer Contour Sport spoiler instead of lip spoiler, newer Contour sport rims. Newer paint job. Brand new floor mats. Rust Free! PM me for details and pics.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard