Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1638335 08/30/06 08:28 PM
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
For all the times that CNN has reported on President Bush's comments made privately that their mikes just happened to pick up, this is pretty good payback.

http://www.comcast.net/news/index.jsp?cat=GENERAL&fn=/2006/08/30/465968.html&cvqh=itn_cnnmishap

Quote:

CNN `Live From...' the Ladies Room
By FRAZIER MOORE, AP Television Writer
4 hours ago

NEW YORK - Kyra Phillips, anchor of CNN's "Live From...," unwittingly upstaged President Bush's speech in New Orleans with on-the-air analysis of her husband and the marriage of her brother _ all live from a CNN ladies room.

Unaware that her wireless microphone was "live" during her break, Phillips could be heard overriding Bush's prepared address Tuesday as he was seen marking the first anniversary of Hurricane Katrina.

The Atlanta-based Phillips, in conversation with an unidentified woman in an echoey room, dismissed most men with a vulgar term, but called herself "very lucky in that regard. My husband is handsome and he is genuinely a loving _ you know, no ego _ you know what I'm saying? Just a really passionate, compassionate, great, great human being. And they exist. They do exist. They're hard to find. Yup. But they are out there."

A few moments later, she observed that "brothers have to be, you know, protective. Except for mine. I've got to be protective of him."

Why? "His wife is just a control freak."

At that point, another voice cut in: "Kyra."

"Yeah, baby?" replied Phillips on hearing her name.

"Your mike is on. Turn it off. It's been on the air."

CNN anchor Daryn Kagan, looking flustered, then broke into the telecast with a recap of what Bush had been saying.

Phillips later apologized to viewers "for an issue we had with our mikes" and "for a little bit of an interruption there during the president."

CNN issued its own official apology "to our viewers and the president for the disruption," and apologized to the White House.

In a subsequent statement, CNN explained the mishap as "a technical malfunction with the audio board. We're addressing how this happened and why it was not more promptly corrected on air."

How'd you like to be her right now? Especially having just dissed your sister-in-law?

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Political mumble jumble...

I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Try this link instead. Yours took me to the main page.

CNN 'Live From...' the Ladies Room

It would have been funnier if it had picked up her straining and grunting trying to drop a deuce!

Last edited by IRingTwyce; 08/30/06 08:34 PM.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by RawBurt:

Huh?!

Anyways, that is funny. Too bad I missed that...

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
Try this link instead. Yours took me to the main page.

CNN 'Live From...' the Ladies Room

It would have been funnier if it had picked up her straining and grunting trying to drop a deuce!

Yeah that would ahve been awesome!

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
well crud, I would have LOVED to have seen & heard that, I would have been in tears laughing probably

2004 Ford Freestar V6 Boogity Boogity Boogity, Let's go racin Boys!
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
im sure its already up on the internet somewhere, let the search begin i missed it too.

99 contour se debadged "knauberized" fog light mod 17" Enkei CDR9 225/45/17 Contiextremecontacts Alpine CDA-9807 and 2 12" Kicker Comp C12 subwoofers http://members.cardomain.com/ridered81
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Definitely more worth listening to than Bush's speech anyway.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
Bahahahaha

Reminds me of the scene in "Naked Gun" when Drebbin leaves his mic on while he takes a whizz.

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by RawBurt:

???????????

I bet you get french benefits at work.

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard