Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
Well I finally decided on a wheel, I'm I pretty happy with the result.

I found a localshop that had the SVT tuner 16 spoke wheels in stock at a killer price, $635 out the door with the lug nuts (retail $105! ) mounted and ballanced with Kumho 215/45/17's and he even helped install them in his parking lot.

He has several sets left... the place is called massivespeedsystem.com (815)675-1822 Ask for Karl

and remember I only paid $3,500 for the car with 74K miles, so the body does have several dings and the bumper is cracked.

Well here they are:

ChicagoSVT.com '03 DSG Cobra 'vert / '99 T. Red Contour SVT
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Did that price include the new tires? Pretty decent if so. buyfordracing.com has basically those same wheels at $59 each. I've been thinking about them, but don't know if the color of them would look very good on a Silver Frost.

They look great on your car though!

**EDIT**

They appear to be the same wheel. 16-SPOKE FOCUS TUNER WHEEL

Last edited by IRingTwyce; 08/30/06 07:26 PM.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
yes that included tires, lug nuts, mounting ballancing etc.. the $635 was out the door.

I tried contacting buyford racing, they never picked up the phone or responded to my emails.. I called a dozen times, and no answering machine

in addition to the $60 per rim, you need the special ford lug nuts which are $105 for the set

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Those look great

Jake 96 T-Red SE V6
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Cobra_Jack:
yes that included tires, lug nuts, mounting ballancing etc.. the $635 was out the door.

I tried contacting buyford racing, they never picked up the phone or responded to my emails.. I called a dozen times, and no answering machine

in addition to the $60 per rim, you need the special ford lug nuts which are $105 for the set

"Special Ford lug nuts"...the what now?

How does the car feel with the new rims on it? I was eyeing those with the Goodyears in the special package from Tire Rack a while back but decided not to pull the trigger because I thought the increase in weight over my E1s with 225s would be more than I wanted.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:

How does the car feel with the new rims on it? I was eyeing those with the Goodyears in the special package from Tire Rack a while back but decided not to pull the trigger because I thought the increase in weight over my E1s with 225s would be more than I wanted.

they're tuner lug nuts.. you cannot use the stock lug nuts.. the holes in the wheels are a very small diameter

the car feels much better now.. but then again I had 15" Amrican racing wheels with three different brands of tires on there.. (bought it that way)

this is my daily driver... I have another "performance" car so I'm not that concerned with wheel weight, but overall I love them

I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:

"â?¢ Requires Tuner Wheel Spline Drive Lug Nut Set M-1012-T"

which apparently BuyFordRacing.com does not carry. So I'll have to take his word on the cost.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
[

"â?¢ Requires Tuner Wheel Spline Drive Lug Nut Set M-1012-T"

which apparently BuyFordRacing.com does not carry. So I'll have to take his word on the cost.

$105

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=5564
is where i got the price

I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
That's just a crazy amount of money for lug nuts! Someone's gotta have 'em cheaper.

I just realized, wasn't your SVT the one with the nasty BBS style 15s on it? If so...you get double credit for the amount of improvement with these new wheels.

C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
That's just a crazy amount of money for lug nuts! Someone's gotta have 'em cheaper.

I just realized, wasn't your SVT the one with the nasty BBS style 15s on it? If so...you get double credit for the amount of improvement with these new wheels.

they're are specialty lug nuts with a lock, I don't think you can get them anywhere else but through ford.

yes I'm the one.. here's a before shot:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard