Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1638295 08/30/06 06:16 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Hi guys,

I am new and found the forum last week by accident.
I have learn't alot over the past week Thanks for a great site,

Ok, 2000 contour se 2.5L duratec, Owned from new, 95K.

Wanted to share this with the forum.

I had the usual problem with the heater, blows full blast or Zero, nothing in between. I did not know about CEG at the time so had no CEG members to help.

Anyhow went through every fuse and relay even the ones under the glove box tested and switched the relays around.
All Ok.
Tore the dash and glove box out and got serious.
Tested the wiring and outputs all OK.
Tested the switch. IT SEEMED OK. It was bad, so I popped into the stealership and bought a new one for $13.
Fitted this new one and hey presto ...........still no f....low or mid only Zero and high.
Checked the wiring once again and noted the outputs AGAIN everything looked good to the switch.
Bypassed the switch with a jumper wire.
Yep ..low, mid and high all worked. Wifey was tired of the jumper wire and no dash/radio and went on strike.
Took the old switch apart it consisted of a copper disc and copper tabs/detents with springs on top which the knob engages as it rotates.
Bent the tabs a little and retried the switch.
It worked great (in a fashion) I have high low and mid just not in the correct places.

This problem had frustated me so much I just put everything back together and continue to use the old McGivered Switch. Happy wife = happy life!

(Could not return the new switch cos its an electrical part and the box was opened and the parts guy was soooo RUDE !!! )GOTTA love stealerships.

#1638296 08/31/06 12:37 AM
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Welcome . Resistor pack.

Read this thread.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard