Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Hi guys,

I am new and found the forum last week by accident.
I have learn't alot over the past week Thanks for a great site,

Ok, 2000 contour se 2.5L duratec, Owned from new, 95K.

Problem 1. With 1/4 tank fuel or less, if I accelerate hard especially out of a corner I get a huge flat spot/misfire.
Also have problem 2. that has recently started to occur, I think is related, sometimes if the car is started, it will idle really rough and stall out. It cannot be started for several hours afterwards. Car has spark, (I did not check for fuel pressure.) It will turn over briskly but will not fire. I have changed the fuel filter, cleaned the IAT and MAF, replaced aircleaner, and plugs (original plugs, at 90k! replaced with champion plats. Hadn't read about the autolites). Car still flats out/misses with the gas tank low frequently and will stall out and not start only occassionally (when gas tank is very low) Other than this the car runs like a top. The car owes me nothing at the moment, so throwing on a new fpump before winter won't break my heart after 6 six years. No CEL illuminated.

Should I try a new fuel pump ? If so what is the procedure and which pump is recomended.

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Welcome to CEG! You have classic fuel pump troubles. It could be just the filter screen as well, but you have to access the pump anyhow. (You might also need new Motorcraft/Autolite ignition wires, and be sure the plug insulators have no dirt on them. Dirt=carbon track misfire at 2300 rpm.) I lean towards the pump, check the fuel pressure.

T
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
T
I was just looking around and i saw something about misfiring at 2300 rpm. I've replaced my plugs and plug wires. 4 days after my plug were replace i started geting a very suttle vibration at 2300 to 4000 rpm. any idea what it is?

98 CSVT Black
T
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
T
sorry i meant 2300 to 2500 rpm

98 CSVT Black
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by tigerbalm:
.. I've replaced my plugs and plug wires. 4 days after my plug were replace i started geting a very suttle vibration at 2300 to 4000 rpm. any idea what it is?

Check spark plug gap (0.054 inch) and sp wiring order.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
And that the plug boots are all secure, a loose one could cause trouble.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard