Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
I try to buy wholesale and at our auction today we have a very nice (8 out of 10) 99 VW Passat with a 1.8T, all options incl. Auto stick . Any opinions? I am not dead set on it, just alot of car for the $$$$$$$$!!! I understand the timing belt should be taken care of promptly, if it hasn't been done already, other than that it seems to get decent reviews.

Sean

No more CSVT 3L 2000 Lincoln LS V6 5-speed Silver Frost, dark gray leather Sport Package Rollin' 17's, 6-disc Alpine
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Not a fan of VW's but if the price is right any car can do. What about a FSVT?

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by 00LS5spd:
I try to buy wholesale and at our auction today we have a very nice (8 out of 10) 99 VW Passat with a 1.8T, all options incl. Auto stick . Any opinions? I am not dead set on it, just alot of car for the $$$$$$$$!!! I understand the timing belt should be taken care of promptly, if it hasn't been done already, other than that it seems to get decent reviews.

Sean

I like those Passats. Not sure on the autostick. I thought it was a lot of car for the money even when they were new (as in, why buy an Audi?)

I have heard that some repairs can be expensive, yada yada. I guess it all depends on what kind of money are you talking about?

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998

Link Copied to Clipboard