Print Thread
#1638194 08/30/06 07:15 AM
B
bradSVT Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B

I am trying to get some ideas to where this leak could be. I have put in a 3.0L engine now and I have done the 500 mile break in period. During that period there was no leaking or problems with the car. After that time I have added another 1000 miles to it and with that I did some commuting through Los Angeles. After I drove to LA and back to SD I noticed the next morning that my car was leaking (the large puddle on the garage floor was a good indication) I looked at where it could be coming from and noticed that there was oil all over the subframe and wheel splash shield. Also the drips seem to come from more random places but much of it coming from off of the subframe. Also there was a drip on the flex pipe. It seemed like most of the oil seemed to be around the alternator. I at first thought it could be the crank pulley, but after some examination and checking for some sort of oil near it I came up short it seemed like. The dilemma is that I have no jack stands/tools to work on this, but if I can sort of figure out with some help a general area that is known to leak I could possibly rent or ask my new neighbors for tools.

Lastly I feel like the leak would need to be high since it has gotton all over the place. I felt around the top of the valve cover on the timing cover side in the rear and noticed that it was not dry. Maybe that is where it could be leaking but I am just looking for some guidance so I can get this fixed and my car tuned.

Thanks in advance!

3L process done
#1638195 08/30/06 07:32 AM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
read your update in the 3L section.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard