Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
recently i had some nitwit snag my Amex CC# off the Internet - who/how/when/why - i have no clue, but I've cancelled my card and have placed a fraud alert on my credit file (YIKES!)

as a smart trooper, i also ran a free credit report on myself (as everyone should) from http://annualcreditreport.com and I got my report, which was all clear and found out that I'm still classified as SUPER PRIME (thank God!)

I figured, what the hell - i'll pay for my score - which is now rated on a scale of 550-990 from Experian... I have a 980

yah, so i feel good about my score - but want everyone to be aware of the free credit check and also that you should check it 3x a year (once per credit system) because IT'S FREE!

'04 Mazda6S MTX Injen CAI, 18% Tint, Magnaflow Catback, CPE-MAFc My Mazda6 PICS Toadster's Website
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
That is not a FICO score. The Fair Issac scoring model runs from 300-850. Experian uses VantageScore, which rates differently on a 550-990 scale.

Congrats!

I actually check all mine annually at the same time, but I haven't been scored in a while. Mine took a hit doing some major purchasing and consolidating in 2004 and 2005 right after buying the home in 3Q2003. I'm waiting until next year for the dust to settle (24 months since last new account or inquiry) to buy my score.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by ZoomZoom Diva:
That is not a FICO score. The Fair Issac scoring model runs from 300-850. Experian uses VantageScore, which rates differently on a 550-990 scale.

Congrats!

I actually check all mine annually at the same time, but I haven't been scored in a while. Mine took a hit doing some major purchasing and consolidating in 2004 and 2005 right after buying the home in 3Q2003. I'm waiting until next year for the dust to settle (24 months since last new account or inquiry) to buy my score.

yah, i was surprised by the Experian rating system - i was like WTF? LOL

'04 Mazda6S MTX Injen CAI, 18% Tint, Magnaflow Catback, CPE-MAFc My Mazda6 PICS Toadster's Website
W
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
W
Credit since age 18 (currently 21)+ all balances paid in full on monthly basis=765 average across three reporting agencies
I have no major financial obligations except for 40k+ in student loans pending(yikes)

Very proud of my credit and very parinoid of identity theft. I enrolled in privacy guard. It is free for the first year and full of usefull tools. They provide you with on the spot summaries of all beuros as well as an itemized list of inquirys and flags from various creditors. e sure to ditch it before the trail year is up as it costs nearly 100$ to enroll for another.

Experian must have changed its scale since I last checked.

Last edited by whitesvt; 08/30/06 07:16 AM.

white svt/ 2 tone leath, eibach, scroth, lunar, vortech can suck my spline driven shaft
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I have to check fo rthis year but last year when I checked with experian I was around a 740 or so, 2 gas cards and 2 credit cards, canceled one that I received but never used and I am paying off about a 20k college loan at this time, not bad if I say so ...

now my father on the other hand, not sure what it is but he and my mother where going to co-sign the loan for their new mustang to get the bast rate but his score was so high that he signed it himself and got the lowest, ie best rate possible no questions asked

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Not as good as it used to be.

You are right, everyone should monitor their credit report periodically, but I believe they only have to give you 1 FREE report a year. (State laws may vary) So 3 times per year might cost you a bit. I'm not saying it might not be worth it, just pointing out that it may not be free that often.

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
I think it was like 750 or so before we bought the house.
I noticed they still had some of my college loans on there that I paid off, so I've been meaning to check it again and dispute that.
I think they might have also listed Mike's college debt twice. weird.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
I think it was like 750 or so before we bought the house.
I noticed they still had some of my college loans on there that I paid off, so I've been meaning to check it again and dispute that.
I think they might have also listed Mike's college debt twice. weird.

If he consolidated his loans, his previous loans will still show on the report. They'll just show as either Paid-and-Closed or Consolidated, depending on the reporting agency you're going through. It does affect your score negatively because they still are counted as Open Fixed Installment Accounts (and there can be a lot of individual loans over 4-years of college) and detract from your score, albeit a simple count of the loans doesn't affect it very much. No idea why they do it that way, and I've tried to have them removed to no avail.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Ex-Mean'Tour:
Not as good as it used to be.

You are right, everyone should monitor their credit report periodically, but I believe they only have to give you 1 FREE report a year. (State laws may vary) So 3 times per year might cost you a bit. I'm not saying it might not be worth it, just pointing out that it may not be free that often.

once per reporting service is included in the 'free'

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Ok, I'm hankering to know how I'm doing on my credit, number wise. My report looks pretty good, everything's accounted for, 6 open accounts, and about 8 g's in debt. But, I've only been building credit for 3 years(currently 21) Should I go with a FICO score, or the Experian score?

* Marine Officer Candidate * My Cardomain Page 1998 EO Black SVTC #3388
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard