Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Toadster:
Originally posted by Bill J. at Team Ford:
I would go with AMD, it's better. I highly reccommend it. Being able to upgrade to Vista would be a big plus in my book.

so - what makes you think AMD merges with Vista? I am running Vista on a P4D right now

I think he means that it can execute the 64 bit code, where as anything less than the Core2 Duo will only do 32 bit.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
I would go with AMD, it's better. I highly reccommend it. Being able to upgrade to Vista would be a big plus in my book.

so - what makes you think AMD merges with Vista? I am running Vista on a P4D right now

Those are desktop processors.

99 Contour Sport SE MTX KKM filter, B&M shifter No res, BAT kit Green car silver hood (because silver is faster)
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Big Daddy Kane:

I think he means that it can execute the 64 bit code, where as anything less than the Core2 Duo will only do 32 bit.

false again... Intel has had EMT64 code for about 2 years, and just so you guys know Vista will be released in 32-bit and 64-bit versions...

wow - lots of misinformation being tossed around!

'04 Mazda6S MTX Injen CAI, 18% Tint, Magnaflow Catback, CPE-MAFc My Mazda6 PICS Toadster's Website
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by RT and his SE:

[image]http://images.anandtech.com/graphs/e6300_072606120741/12735.[/image]

Those are desktop processors.

ok - these are laptop CPU's

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/08/22/amd_dual_core_laptops_have_arrived/page19.html
just a note, these are the older Core Duo Intel CPU's the Core2 versions were released yesterday and are even FASTER

'04 Mazda6S MTX Injen CAI, 18% Tint, Magnaflow Catback, CPE-MAFc My Mazda6 PICS Toadster's Website
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B

my friend has a 3.0 cpu with a 800 mhert fsb thats a bottle neck that hurts peformance no matter how fast the cpu. i go with amd and lan party motherboards that fsb is the same as the cpu.

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B

false again... Intel has had EMT64 code for about 2 years, and just so you guys know Vista will be released in 32-bit and 64-bit versions...

wow - lots of misinformation being tossed around!

So what you're saying is, my Pentium M is EMT64? I don't think so! I guess the 'Pentium 4 EE' has it, but that's definitely NOT a laptop processor, and I sure hope you're not saying Intel has been supplying Xeon laptops.

From what I know, the 64 bit version of Vista is the 'fully featured' version, where as the 32 bit is being made mainly for backwards compatibilty with existing platforms (like my P-M).

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T

So what you're saying is, my Pentium M is EMT64? I don't think so! I guess the 'Pentium 4 EE' has it, but that's definitely NOT a laptop processor, and I sure hope you're not saying Intel has been supplying Xeon laptops.

From what I know, the 64 bit version of Vista is the 'fully featured' version, where as the 32 bit is being made mainly for backwards compatibilty with existing platforms (like my P-M).

you are correct, Intel mobile CPU's haven't had 64-bit until Core 2 Duo (just released)

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by bigworm:
my friend has a 3.0 cpu with a 800 mhert fsb thats a bottle neck that hurts peformance no matter how fast the cpu. i go with amd and lan party motherboards that fsb is the same as the cpu.

so what you're saying is that you'll pick the FSB with the same speed as the CPU - which in the chart above, is slower

Last edited by Toadster; 08/31/06 03:43 AM.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Core Duo vs Turion X2

http://www.imagebeaver.com/view.php?mode=gallery&g=46899

throw in the Core 2 Duo and you're no longer waiting for ANYTHING to get done...

P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
I'd go with whichever one runs cooler.

"Bros before Hoes" <-- More men need this mentality.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard