Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1637915 08/30/06 10:34 PM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by sigma:
If you can get less than 9% on a signature loan still today, let me know where. You could a few months ago before the prime rate shot up like it has, but not anymore anywhere I've seen.

A branch of Service Credit Union here on base.

I opened the account and got the loan on the next day, which was about 2 weeks ago.

...However, now you have me thinking I'm mistaken, so I'm going to run down to the SVT and get the paperwork to check, then I'll post it up for ya.

EDIT: haven't run down yet, but the website shows 8.84% for signature loans. linky

Last edited by Big Daddy Kane; 08/30/06 10:39 PM.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
#1637916 08/31/06 12:09 AM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by sigma:
Car rates are still pretty low, they always are. I can still get 5-6% at my credit union on cars. But nothing like that on signature loans.

If you can get less than 9% on a signature loan still today, let me know where. You could a few months ago before the prime rate shot up like it has, but not anymore anywhere I've seen.

You can still take out an equity line or fixed 2nd mortgage at around 8-9% However, they do vary greatly depending on credit, loan to value and loan amount. I got my cousin a fixed 2nd mortgage the other day for 9.22% with absolutely no closing costs. Btw, you're absolutely correct about the importance of having "some" revolving debt. I've seen some credit reports where people had credit many years ago and it was all in good standing however they now have no open accounts and they stopped reporting a credit score. That's not a good scenario when trying to purchase a home.

Vinny 2000 T-RED CSVT MODS: 18" REV model 2 ST200 struts/Roush springs CTA intake Pipe/K&N Filter Dtec Heatshield Optimized TB True Duals w/ magnaflow mufflers/resonators
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard