Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
M
So I am now looking into doing my own projector retrofit since the HID's alone aren't doing it for me. And I stumbled across these pics.

Top is 6000k and bottom is 4300k

The left lamp is 4300k and the right lamp is 6000k

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Despite my glaucoma and cataracts, I see a difference!

2000 Contour SE 2.5L ATX - Toreador Red 2001 VW Golf GLS 2.0L MTX - Tornado Red Buy my possessed VCR!!
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
all we need is a pic of 5000k which is my personal choice, its a happy medium. They get rid of the slight yellow from the 4300 but does not go blue like the 6000k. Basicaly just a crisp bright white.

Mapoftazifosho....do you have pics (same type of pic as above) of how your HIDS look now w/out the projectors. Also what brand and color temp are you running. I am going to be purchasing a HID set in the not to distant future, however I will not be projector retrofitting just yet.

SOLD Polarg M-28 super bright white bulbs. Replace yellow stock license plate bulbs. See add in classifieds. WANTED:: EVO style CF hood
M
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I have a post in pics n vids a few posts down. Called if this doesn't work...

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
ah i see it now...I can see why you said "it isn't quite doing it for you". Those could just be bad pics but it does not look like what you would expect from HIDS especially after looking at the above pics w/ the 4300 & projector combo.

I've been talking w/ Goonz alot about HIDS and as of right now I think Im going to go w/ the HIDS from XD and perhaps later do a retrofit. I just hope I won't be disapointed w/ the the light output of the HIDS in our stock housings after paying around $400.

SOLD Polarg M-28 super bright white bulbs. Replace yellow stock license plate bulbs. See add in classifieds. WANTED:: EVO style CF hood
M
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Light output is great, but the beam pattern farking sucks with the stock headlamps.

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Maybe its just the pics b/c the ground in front of the car does not look very bright minus the hot spots of the fogs.

As far as the beam pattern I would have thought the D2R would be a little better in our housings vrs the D2S.

For me spending $400 is enough for right now...if I find out that I want a more concentrated beam and I have about another $400 burning a hole in my pocket perhaps I will retrofit.

I am looking forward to see how your retrofit comes out if you do one. I know they are a decent amount of work if you have never done one b4 but if done right they are

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by teamSVTour:
all we need is a pic of 5000k which is my personal choice, its a happy medium. They get rid of the slight yellow from the 4300 but does not go blue like the 6000k. Basicaly just a crisp bright white.

The yellowness in 4300K is only for a short time untill u put some hours into your HID's, its also more noticable in our reflector because ours wasnt designed for HIDs. You will experience the same with the 5000K as well, Philips brand that is. My Philips 5000K was used for a month by my friend untill he totaled his car so now its in mine. You really cant tell that much of a difference with the projector except for the part where the cut-off "Z" beam is, that line is SHARP blue so oncomming traffic see a flicker of blue, dark blue, pink to white. Thats the fun with having projectors, especially valeos I beleive the pictures above are valeos because my beam is EXACTLY the same.

However when my friend bought the Philips 5000K (85122+) and for the first time turned them on, the went from blue to yellow. That scared the crap outa us but we came to find out that it takes a week or so to get the true HID color. And since its the 85122+ one, it will color shift MUCH quicker then that of a conventional 4300K.

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
its blue on the garage door but the white wall right beside the garage it is pure white

Regardless I'm still going w/ 4300-5000k

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard