Next Thread
Print Thread
A
aAandHt Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
My moms 95 mystique got a while back and crushed the bracket, I tried my best to unbend it but it wouldn't have it. Her inspection is due by the 31st and I don't think my bungiee cables and zip ties will pass. Ford discontinued the bracket only and now I'd have to get the whole assembly($420ish) I only need the left front one, none of the junk yards near me have it. So anyone out there have one or know of a place I can pick one up? Thanks!

Last edited by aAandHt; 08/29/06 07:49 PM.
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
im assuming you're talking about the bumper cover. you would knoe better than me about NJ's inspection...but i don't know how that would affect your safety inspection...the actual bumper is fine.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
A
aAandHt Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
No, its a metal part...basicly this is it

I believe between 95 and 97 can be used. I found that off a google search however the site looks shady. Plus I'd get it quicker if I could make a run to someone locally and pick it up.

NJ is pretty strict on anything for inspection...doubt my 5 minute ziptie fix would pass Hell I had one wire dangling above my clutch and they failed me for safety. Needless to say I pulled into the parking lot shoved it up went to a different line and was passed.

Last edited by aAandHt; 08/29/06 10:25 PM.
S
Cool Toe Chris
Cool Toe Chris
S
Call Bill Jenkins, see what tricks he can pull out of his sleeve.

Chris NJ 98.5 SVT Silver Frost
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
where in exactly does that mount? you have a picture? i'm just curious now...

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
A
aAandHt Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
If I can recall off the top of my head, behind the outer bumper(pastic) and I believe it mounted to the literal bumper(the part that absorbs impact)...Did a temporary fix of just screwing a couple screws into the bumper and to the frame...actually passed inspection. Though still am looking for the mount.

T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
wow she must have got hit pretty hard

Link Copied to Clipboard