Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
I'm going to get this leak diagnosed with some dye and find out where the think is leaking so I can put some r134a in there for good and not worry about it. If I find a leak, what do I do to fix it for good? replace the whole piping? Seal it with HEAVY DUTY CEMENT sealer? Jb Weld? Any suggestions? I want my car to be super cold when I want AC, because with summer ending, Sept still gets pretty hot here and there during the commute to school.

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
It's gonna be the accumulator I bet. They tend to rust out. It's not really expensive IIRC, somewhere b/ $65 & $75 bucks for the part.

EDIT>Jsut noticed you're in Canada... Not sure what it'll cost you in CAD, but still not going to be expensive. However, with most of the hot days of summer gone I would wait until the spring to replace it. It's the friggin' salt that really accelerates the rust on the thing. It will rust out down south too, but I'd let the new one you'll need to install skip this winter just because...

Last edited by Tisby; 08/29/06 06:30 AM.

2000 Mystique LS Duratec 2.5L MTX
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by m4gician:
I'm going to get this leak diagnosed with some dye and find out where the think is leaking so I can put some r134a in there for good and not worry about it. If I find a leak, what do I do to fix it for good? replace the whole piping? Seal it with HEAVY DUTY CEMENT sealer? Jb Weld? Any suggestions? I want my car to be super cold when I want AC, because with summer ending, Sept still gets pretty hot here and there during the commute to school.

don't both doing anything yourself until you research how a AC system work and how to recharge it correctly ... Myself and progectsho89 have answered many questions on this topic this past summer ...

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Sealers or JB Weld will NOT hold up to the pressures of an airconditoning system.

-Mark- '99 Mystique LS, totally original (including the original water pump and the premium stereo)! Bought new in December 1998 for $21,000. 208,000 miles

Link Copied to Clipboard