Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Didn't the Brits have their hands full with a handful of radical fundamentalist mullahs urging their followers to wipe out infidels in 1897? Our WOT is not likely to take merely decades.

I regret that Clinton did not pull the trigger on OBL effectively and sooner. On the other hand, asking our country to trust Mr. "Mission Accomplished" to fix much of anything is not very realistic.

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Shaggy:

Keep this discussion civil and don't stoop to name-calling or other childish tactics. This has been a pretty good debate. Keep it clean and adult.

i can accept the warning and admit i provoked, however there were additional responses in the same context as the comment i made.

in the interest of fairness i'd appreciate if you distribute warnings via pm or address all participants in the discussion.

thanks.

'03 Saab 9-5 Aero
V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
I'm no fan of Clinton, but this Snopes page outlines how he didn't just pretend these attacks didn't happen. I'd also point out that the political climate of the time was by no means gung ho about launching a major attack against suspected terrorist sites (Sen. Specter, for example, was vocal about the few missiles Clinton did launch as being a diversion from the Lewinsky scandal).

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500
E
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by Viss1:
I'm no fan of Clinton, but this Snopes page outlines how he didn't just pretend these attacks didn't happen. I'd also point out that the political climate of the time was by no means gung ho about launching a major attack against suspected terrorist sites (Sen. Specter, for example, was vocal about the few missiles Clinton did launch as being a diversion from the Lewinsky scandal).

Sorry, but that Snopes page only further bolsters my point.

Originally posted by E1:
for YEARS we warned of the pending strikes, yet they were ignored. When we got SOLID intel on the location of OBL the intel was sat on for over a week before a single cruise missle was lobbed that direction, missing the target.

Originally posted by E1:
Everyone up the chain of command was telling him what to do, but the political climate and economic stability at the time prevented him from taking action. (That's my thoughts at the time, at least.)

First attack: February 1993
First (and only) strike by US: August 1998

E1

1999 Cougar - Supercharged 3L 1992 Talon TSi - AWD Turbo 1992 Eclipse GSX - AWD Turbo
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by BP:
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

And you are doing what exactly to support the President in his effort to make things right? Seems to me talking about (aka: critisizing or cutting the legs from under) the guy who is currently trying to make it better is a step in the wrong direction.

i'm supporting our troops and my family first and foremost! they're the ones out there trying to make right in a wrong situation.

constructive criticism of our leaders *is* support. do you think should we just pat him on the back whenever he screws up?

Constructive criticism is fine. I have no problem with you pointing out weaknesses or errors made by the current administration. The democratic party & their relentless bashing without any viable input or alternatives is what I object to. Bitching is easy. Anybody can [censored]. Doing stuff takes character.

Originally posted by BP:
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
"Clinton & other administrations tried to ignore them & leave them alone & look where that got us."

looks like singling out to me. i guess i'm the bad guy because i point out who these "other administrations" are. you guys are way too sensitive. whenever someone mentions bush in anything but flattering light here you come running to redirect the issue from the mistakes he's made and problems he has responsibility for resolving. nice. way to go.

All I keep asking for is some support for the President. No, I don't think he's done everything right, but the dems should be offering a better way instead of tearing the country appart with relentless bashing of the administration. It's a political hatchet job all the way, and does NOTHING positive. From the dem party, give us something positive to help fight the WOT instead of bitching.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
No sorry necessary, since we pretty much agree... but it was worth pointing out that Clinton 1) didn't just pretend attacks didn't happen, and 2) wasn't the only who didn't have the same crystal ball that the intelligence community apparently had.

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard