Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by EternalOne:

you can't keep your finger off of the blame button. i konw it's easy to use, but it doesn't help us out. you guys keep talking about who's fault it is, rather than who's currently responsible for making it better. i can understand how it'd be difficult to have confidence that bush can make it better, but at least put on a good show rather than making excuses for him.

'03 Saab 9-5 Aero
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by BP:
maybe that's some sort of secret communication tactic you conservative boys came up with in your reach around circle jerks cause that's not what i read.

This sentence proves you have absolutely no inclination to have a meaningful logical debate. It's all "us against them" mentality with your typical partisan name calling.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
Originally posted by BP:
maybe that's some sort of secret communication tactic you conservative boys came up with in your reach around circle jerks cause that's not what i read.

This sentence proves you have absolutely no inclination to have a meaningful logical debate. It's all "us against them" mentality with your typical partisan name calling.

Wow, is all i gotta say.

I agree you tried to express your views here. Seeing the debate start was great. As soon as you made that imature statement. All of your prior thoughts and so called facts went to shame. Sorry your anger got ahead of you.

bottom line..... now you said that, everything you said before is useless.

Your statemnts don't hold any water now.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P

First, Isreal would be destroyed, or at the very least occupied.

No disagreement here, nor would I care

Quote:

Next you would have Syria and Iran gaining in power in the region, able to say and do whatever they want, and shutting out all outside sources of information, thus winning the propaganda war, and bringing more youngsters under their reign.

Probably, not a concern of mine though.

Quote:

You would also have total collapse of the int'l waterways in the region, since currently the US Navy ensures open transport routes free of pirates.

Modern piracy isn't a huge problem in that part of the world (although I am sure you will say that is because of our presence there ). Regardless, even if this was the case, and worse case scenario they shut down the suez canal, I don't see the huge impact on the US of A, as that isn't a major trade route for us.

Quote:

Adding in that Iran and Syria would then exert their influence on every country in the region once again (Iraq, Palestine, Lebanon, etc) and now you have the majority of the worlds oil in control of a rogue group.

Not sure about global numbers, but these countries don't contribute as much oil as you think to the US. Regardless, even as much as these countries might hate the US (or the West) they aren't dumb enough to cut off their only good source of income.

Quote:

With int'l shipping hurting, and oil under their control, what do you think would happen here? Those large numbers of youngers I talked about above? Yeah, I'm sure they'd be happy with their small section... No, actually they'd then set their sights on the moderate Mulim nations, such as Egypt, Saudi, etc -- those with any ties to the West. From there you've now ended up creating an entire region of the world that is lawless and a breeding ground for terror. You think Iraq is bad now? Imagine an area 50x the size, where instead of 1% of the people willing to die to kill any American you have more along the lines of 50%, growing each year...

Infighting might increase no doubt. But isn't like they are all going to hold hands and unify against the west. Lets not forget how much many of these sects hate each other.

"Bros before Hoes" <-- More men need this mentality.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by BP:

you can't keep your finger off of the blame button. i konw it's easy to use, but it doesn't help us out. you guys keep talking about who's fault it is, rather than who's currently responsible for making it better. i can understand how it'd be difficult to have confidence that bush can make it better, but at least put on a good show rather than making excuses for him.

And you are doing what exactly to support the President in his effort to make things right? Seems to me talking about (aka: critisizing or cutting the legs from under) the guy who is currently trying to make it better is a step in the wrong direction. Relay that to your party leaders won't you, please?

Originally posted by TourDeForce:
The way I read his posts, he conceded that other administrations have placed terrorism on a back burner & did little to abate the problem - as did I.

Thank you, very well put. And yes, this is what I meant, although I admit it might not have come out this clear.

And for the record BP, from one of my first posts in this thread:

Quote:

"Clinton & other administrations tried to ignore them & leave them alone & look where that got us."

Doesn't look like much of a secret code. Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
It's all "us against them" mentality with your typical partisan name calling.

remember the statement "you're either with us or against us" ? wonder who said that? that made nearly impossible to patriotic dissenter. no wonder this country was more divided than ever over the past 5 years or so. it's changing now that more people who were standing behind the bush mantra are now seeing the light.

'03 Saab 9-5 Aero
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Harrry:

Wow, is all i gotta say.

I agree you tried to express your views here. Seeing the debate start was great. As soon as you made that imature statement. All of your prior thoughts and so called facts went to shame. Sorry your anger got ahead of you.

lol. i must've missed your insightful contribution to this thread. what a shame. anyways there's more threads than this one on the ceg to entertain you. kthxbye!

'03 Saab 9-5 Aero
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B

And you are doing what exactly to support the President in his effort to make things right? Seems to me talking about (aka: critisizing or cutting the legs from under) the guy who is currently trying to make it better is a step in the wrong direction.

i'm supporting our troops and my family first and foremost! they're the ones out there trying to make right in a wrong situation.

constructive criticism of our leaders *is* support. do you think should we just pat him on the back whenever he screws up?

"Clinton & other administrations tried to ignore them & leave them alone & look where that got us."

looks like singling out to me. i guess i'm the bad guy because i point out who these "other administrations" are. you guys are way too sensitive. whenever someone mentions bush in anything but flattering light here you come running to redirect the issue from the mistakes he's made and problems he has responsibility for resolving. nice. way to go.

'03 Saab 9-5 Aero
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by BP:
Originally posted by Harrry:

Wow, is all i gotta say.

lol. i must've missed your insightful contribution to this thread. what a shame. anyways there's more threads than this one on the ceg to entertain you. kthxbye!

Your anger again is getting ahead of you.

You seem to have som insecurity problems.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
S
Cool Toe Chris
Cool Toe Chris
S
Originally posted by BP:
The way I read his posts, he conceded that other administrations have placed terrorism on a back burner & did little to abate the problem - as did I.

if you say so. maybe that's some sort of secret communication tactic you conservative boys came up with in your reach around circle jerks cause that's not what i read.

Keep this discussion civil and don't stoop to name-calling or other childish tactics. This has been a pretty good debate. Keep it clean and adult.

Chris NJ 98.5 SVT Silver Frost
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard