Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
My question would be, THEN WHAT? I mean there are terrorists all around the world with different causes, and the most popular one or most focused one today is the middle eastern terrorist type who uses the Islamic/Muslim faith as their cause.

My question ladies and gentlemen today is, let's say okay they do win and stop the 'western' influence and north american democracy and all that. Let's say they establish one law in the qa'ran (excuse my spelling), let's say that all that they have said in their videos, and their statements and through their brainwashed followers...then what? What happens then? DO they automatically expect 14 virgins at their door? Do they just give up there? What exactly is the purpose after the fact? Will Allah grant them eternal peace inside and out? I mean call me crazy, but at the end of the day, any one with an educatation past 4th grade would look at them as uneducated savages with ak-47s. With unfounded morals and values, and motives that leave their very sanity to up for question?

At what point do they stop and think that all they are doing is fighting what makes sense? I mean when will someone from their ranks rise up in a way that allows us to listen to them? Do you ever think you could ever in the same sentence mention OSAMA BIN LADEN with the names of Ghandi, Martin Luther King, Malcom X, Rosa Parks, Mother Teresa? Could you really compare the motives and love of religion and people that Pope John Paul II had for anyone of any faith to Osama Bin Ladens constant bantering from a cave about how America and all it's followers will suffer?

I only bring this up (again) because of all the attempted terrorist attacks, all the misguided youth who believe in something that is so wrong. I've associated with many Muslims and Islamic followers, and I can safely say they've shown me that there must be a value in life and unity, and peace.

I hate terrorists, I hate every one of these groups, cells, and uneducated idiots who think of themselves as 'freedom fighters' who fight for unjust causes that will yield stupid and pathetic results...

God bless the men, women and children who have the courage to step outside everyday and be proud of who and where they live. And thanks to those who have helped and captured these stupid idiotic terrorist 'wannabes' (YES YOU STUPID LITTLE BOYS), you really help unite this part of the planet and help tell us that you are afraid of us, and despise the lives we live with the freedoms we enjoy.

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Its not a religious war, they dont want the whole world to be muslim. The extremists are fighting for a cause, you think they are just fighting for the hell of it? like they find it amusing to kill others in the name of God? Theres a reason behind this mess, no one really shows nor explains it in the media because they have the power to control what to tell us. Over here no one is ever told the other side of the story. Its fantics who want the US out of their soil (saudi arabia, Iraq, and Israel out of Palestine) All those muslim countries feel that they are being ruled by the US. Think about it, why is the US in Saudi Arabia? They really have one interest there and you know as well as I do that its the oil. Now the muslims feel that its their oil so the US should not be there guarding it. On to the middle east, the day since Israel was formed, the middle east had been doomed. I mean these poor Palestinians were kicked outa their houses, their holy land and told to go to camps and or seek other shelter just because others formed Israel on THAT land. Now you hear about all the violence that goes on there, when a Palestinian is killed or bombed, they are bombed by weapons that are supplied by the US. The foreign policy of the US HEAVILY favors Israel, that also ticks muslim fanatics off. This current war against Hezbollah, the US was sending ships and ships of bombs and ammunition to Israel! thats def. not gonna sit fly with anyone. When they see their mothers, fathers or sons being killed, they want revenge thus the whole violence cycle..its very very unfortunate for both sides..All this violence makes the muslims feel that they, along with their religion are under attack, so now they all go declare Jihad on innocent victims. This is also lack of education on their part. I go to Pakistan and people there have political cartoons that show our president Musharaf being spoon fed by Bush. And another thing, isnt it ironic that the US supported Osama? Rumsfeld met and shook hands with him, how f**ked up is that huh?!?

Anywho thats what I see through my eyes, I see more things because Im muslim and I can better understand both sides. No muslim wants to see innocent people die nor killed. It is no where in the Quran that go kill people just because you dont agree with them. Truely sad and I myself fear that one day all this will backlash against all Muslims here in the US and we'll be kicked out cause we're all "terrorists". What will become of this world.. All we can do is hope for the better.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
What I don't understand, why go to Fanatics? Why not follow a system or do what leaders such as Ghandi, and Malcom did and use the system to their advantage? I'm not picking on them, and I wanted you specifically to chime your opinion Goonz because you are a Muslim. I'm just throwing an open question into the air, but I think because of this conflict, the next few generations of people, my family and my future children and grand children will be affected by this, and it's not something I want to grow into. I mean this will become a huge fued or even an all out war (though it pretty much is that), I feel like we're just waiting for one side to do something drastic, and to me the West has made it's move and it's up to the Middle East to respond, and from the looks of it, it'll be a plot so devestating as to make 9/11 look like a sesame street episode and that fear in itself is something that makes me want to ask them what politically will be gained, and if anything why not resolve these matters in an educated and informed manner?

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
educated manner? half the people in those countries arent educated! Thats another reason why nothing CAN be done. The US honestly hasnt really done much to help the situation either, what did we do after 9/11? Instead of analyzing wtf just happened and why? We were all in a state of shock and then we were told Iraq has WOMD, alright so we bust in there and declare victory and what do we find????? thats right, nothing! all we find is Saddam hiding in a hole, thats all. And also at the time we go looking for Osama and through all the technology and sophiticated sattelite imaging, we cant find him, and its not like it will stop once he's killed. And now look at the mess in Iraq, all out civil war, innocent civillians dying, US marines dying, its just awfull! Nothing is being done!! its just getting worse and worse, and now we have the mid-east crisis.

Truthfully I hate to say this but its not getting better anytime soon. My future generations will go through what yours will as well, after all we both live in the same planet. All one can hope for is the next administration do SOMTHING that can help the cause. I dont recall the mideast being this hostile nor wars being waged during the Clinton era?! hmm..I dont know, I just dont know what to say..i get depressed talking about

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Hey, Kuwaitis like us...

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Never mind that Israel isn't the only country to be occupying Palestinian land. IIRC, Lebanon and Egypt are also occupying Palestinian land. You don't see the Palestinians bombing Lebanon or Egypt to get their land back. It's not about some mythical Palestinian "homeland" it's about their hate of Jews and Westerners. I'm surprised no one has made a comparison to Nazi Germany and their desire to wipe out Jews. I wonder if it's our tolerance for religious freedom and political correctness that keeps anyone from mentioning that connection?

You want to know what they'll do if they win? The same thing they've been doing for thousands of years. They'll turn on each other. Sunnis will fight Salafis will fight Sufis. They've been killing each other over their MINOR religious differences since before the time of Christ. They'll be doing it for thousands of years to come.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
Truthfully I hate to say this but its not getting better anytime soon. My future generations will go through what yours will as well, after all we both live in the same planet. All one can hope for is the next administration do SOMTHING that can help the cause. I dont recall the mideast being this hostile nor wars being waged during the Clinton era?! hmm..I dont know, I just dont know what to say..i get depressed talking about

Well goonz, there were terrorist attacks during the Clinton administration. USS Cole, first WTC bombing in '93, embassy bomings in Africa, etc. Only difference was that the administration & the press was not paying much attention to world wide terrorism. Ignore it & it's not a problem, right? WRONG! as we saw on 9/11. GW had done little/nothing differently in the start of his administration as of 9/11. What prompted the terrorists? We sure as hell didn't go after THEM first! IN FACT we were trying to work to give back land for peace in the M.E., and that apparently was not a good enough start.

WTF does the U.S. have to make nice. Clinton & other administrations tried to ignore them & leave them alone & look where that got us. Have the f'in terrorists make nice or wipe them the f out! I'm sick of the, "it's America's fault." mentality. That's a crock of ****. As we speak the children in various muslim countries are being taught in school to hate the U.S., no matter what. So yeah, it won't be getting better any time soon, but whose fault is that?

So much partisan smoke & mirrors & mis-information on this issue it's making me sick!

Frankly, you guys whining about no WMDs is getting old too. Iraq put forth not one, but two declarations to the U.N. of what WMDs & programs they had. I personally think they had WMDs and have posted evidence, news stories, & links to letters from the IAEA to the U.N. security council about elicite programs & materials in and from Iraq. If you don't agree then you should be blaming Iraq & the U.N. for lying, not the U.S.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
E
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
E
Quote:

I see more things because Im muslim and I can better understand both sides.

I see this more clearly because I studied the entire region for 4 years straight, day in and day out, stood on their land, mingled with the people, and learned everything possible. I still see it as I did back then, there is NOTHING that we can do to stop it totally, all we can do is stop them from affecting us directly.

Quote:

No TRUE muslim wants to see innocent people die nor killed.

Edited for truth. The terrorists are extreme muslims, whether you want to admit it or not. They have taken the word of the Quran literally, and just like the Bible it can be twisted into something it was not meant to be. Islam is a very peaceful religion at its roots, but that does not mean that no muslim wants to see innocents dead. The extremists will go to any lengths to kill any American, period, innocent or not.

Quote:

Well goonz, there were terrorist attacks during the Clinton administration. USS Cole, first WTC bombing in '93, embassy bomings in Africa, etc. Only difference was that the administration & the press was not paying much attention to world wide terrorism.

TourDeForce is correct here. I was an intel analyist under Clinton, and for YEARS we warned of the pending strikes, yet they were ignored. When we got SOLID intel on the location of OBL the intel was sat on for over a week before a single cruise missle was lobbed that direction, missing the target. Everyone surely wants to blame President Bush for everything here, but the fact remains that had Clinton got off his ass when those of us in the military told him to, we would not be sitting in this mess today.

E1

1999 Cougar - Supercharged 3L 1992 Talon TSi - AWD Turbo 1992 Eclipse GSX - AWD Turbo
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by EternalOne:

Everyone surely wants to blame President Bush for everything here, but the fact remains that had Clinton got off his ass when those of us in the military told him to, we would not be sitting in this mess today.

E1

I'm glad someone else actually understands this.

It truly is a mess. Until there is a major culture shift and new attitudes take root, the middle east is going remain a mess and an enemy of each other and the US for a long time to come.

It makes me sad, but also makes me appreciate our freedom that much more.

99 SVT, Black/Blue #1720 of 2760 04 Mazda Tribute ES, fully loaded Check out my website!
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
you guys need to stop that. the terrorist blame game goes further back than clinton. and there's enough blame to go around for the iraq war too.

as far as the terrorist winning...that's not going to happen. the muslim community in general was moving towards a less conservative and less extremist position before 9/11 and iraq. unfortunately that created an opening for islamic extremists because they were seen as group that wasn't going to cow tow to the western "crusade" when it seemed like all the bush admin wanted to do was impose western style democracy on the rest of the muslim community. the way we handled the perceived attack on islam was handled very badly and adressed much later than it should've been. we've learned some hard lessons since march 2003.

if we can find a way to exit the ME without crumbling the deck, (i think) the muslim community could self police and eventually force out the extremists. they were headed that direction but the process has been damaged. it will take a long time for things to get back to where they were pre-iraq and pre-9/11. in retrospect i think we did just the right thing in afghanistan, but failed to complete that more important task before muddying the waters with unnecessary action in iraq.

'03 Saab 9-5 Aero
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard